My daughter is mothering me,lol | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My daughter is mothering me,lol My daughter is mothering me,lol

Unread 03-18-2007, 09:29 AM
My daughter is mothering me,lol

So , my kids seem to be doing alot better accepting this. My DS, who is almost 8, hasnt had much to say about it. He just goes on about his bussiness. It is my DD who seems very interested and is helping out quite a bit around the house. We went shopping yesterday and I was looking at the "granny panties" wondering which would be best to get, the most comfy, etc. And also night gowns. We would look at something and I would say ehh, I don't like this or that, so finally she just looked at me, and with all seriousness in her eyes, as if she were MY mother....she told me " well, you are just going to have to get over it, put them on, and PRETEND you like them"
She's 5. I think that little bit of advice made my day yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 09:42 AM

That's adorable! My ds is 7 and he was more inconvenienced than anything else. He was worried about me but once he saw I was going to be ok he just wanted me back on my feet A.S.A.P. Your daughter is too cute!
Unread 03-18-2007, 10:48 AM

That has to be one of the cutest things. I have an almost six year old son and I love it when he acts like an adult. They are too cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 11:50 AM

AW! That is too cute. My daughter was 6 the day she came to see me in the hospital after it was all over. She came up next to me on my IV side of the bed and got the hair out of my face and just kept stroking my head. She was so cute and concerned. She was glad to see I was going to be okay though. She and my 12 year old DS stayed with my parents for the first week and just came home yesterday. She told me this morning I looked "funny" in the hospital. LOL I had to wear my nasty glasses instead of my contacts. She hardly EVER sees me in my glasses. She always very curious about where my stitches are and stuff. Unfortunately with the TVH I can't show her like I did with my tubal. LOL She's a sweety. She turned 7 on the 15th and is such a little helper. My son is in his attitude pre-teen phase, but he's still being helpful when I need him to get me things. Moms being sick can bring out the sweetness in the kids for sure!
Unread 03-18-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicbettie
We would look at something and I would say ehh, I don't like this or that, so finally she just looked at me, and with all seriousness in her eyes, as if she were MY mother....she told me " well, you are just going to have to get over it, put them on, and PRETEND you like them"
She's 5. I think that little bit of advice made my day yesterday.
Your story made MY day! What an
Unread 03-18-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
" well, you are just going to have to get over it, put them on, and PRETEND you like them"

That is like a little poster my Gyn has in her office.
"Put on your big girl panties and deal with it"
Unread 03-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Haha, yeah it is... I guess I will just have to put on my granny panties and deal with it. The last time I was in the hospital for an extended stay she was 2. The only way she would go to sleep is if I held her, so every night someone had to bring her up to the hossy and she laid there with me until she fell asleep then they would take her home. Thank goodness she's big enough now to fall asleep on her own.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register