Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Thanks Ladies; I think you're right JazzyfromNJ, maybe I am expecting too much, too soon. I was having BM trouble before and was hoping that after the surgery it would go away. No consitpation, just what you described as baby poop.

What questions did you ask in your followup? Here is my short list:

1. What type of fibroid was it (i.e. subserosal)
2. Where was its location
3. How many were there?
4. Size?
5. Shape?
6. Weight? (she already told me it was 2 pounds)

I'm curious about this kind of stuff and my DR is not exactly a wealth of information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 10:25 PM

I've got a little list going also to ask the doc.
Mainly because hubby will hound me for those details if I don't get them.

I've been regular the past 3 days but a little firm.
The gas build up right before is still painful.
Hopefully tonight is my last night on pain meds so things might get back to normal.

*sigh* I know I am impatient with recovery.

Got one kink out of my shoulder to get one in the other (hate sleeping on my back) I just know if I could curl up in a tight ball, stretch as far as I could, and soak in a hot bath then I would be back at 100%.
of course all of that is a no-no
Legs still swollen, managing water intake better.
I wake up hungry but not wanting food (no idea how that is possible)
acid reflux is getting under control

My doc said I could drive in about a week.
As soon as I am off pain meds and feel comfortable lifting my foot to hit the peddle.

However, this is the same woman who told me I can have sex in 2 weeks..... told hubby don't count on it.

Dealing with mood swings.
Blessed out hubby, not 5 min later told him I loved him, and later in the day I cried.
I woke up from a nap alone. He and our daughter ran to get something and I felt totally abandonned.
Shortly after he got home he gave me a hug and the rain starts *rolling eyes*
He asked me why I was crying
I said because I can
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:49 AM

Safeone....I think your list of questions is quite good. I didn't even ask those - I just know my uterus was twice the normal size and that the two fibroids that took up residency, uninvited, filled the entire thing. I have lost about 4 lbs so I'd assume they would have had to be a couple of pounds total - plus I'm not eating very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Going to the ER

Well, it sounds dramatic, but it isn't. I'm going to our local emergency room to do a urine test and see if this increase in pain/blood and pressure is a UTI or just normal post op stuff. I honestly can't tell.The reason I have to do this in the ER is because my doctor was fully booked today and I don't think I can wait until tomorrow. I'm too uncomfortable. So, the ER is the only place I can go..it's like a 24hr clinic/trauma center.

I was sent home with nothing but Tylenol for pain...not Tylenol with codeine... just plain Tylenol. For the past week, I'm trying to cope with the pain and I take the stupid tablets four times a day 1500mg. It is not helping AT ALL. I'm so sick and tired of being in pain all the time, I'm desperate and today I broke down and cried my eyes out. I would like just one hour off from the pain. So, I'm going to ask for a different painkiller, but knowing the doctors here...they won't give me anything ... maybe Ibuprophen, if I'm lucky.

Anyway, hope all of you are doing better than I am. Take good care and I'll update everyone soon.

-Miette
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:42 AM

Oh Miette, I'm so sorry you're suffering. I'm waiting for the results on my urine too. Seems I have a lot of pressure and discomfort in my lower regions. It seems it takes a few days for the cuture to grow. Meanwhile, I could be on meds to clear it up. If it's just from surgery I guess it's a waiting game.

Let me know how you make out. You shouldn't have an issue getting stronger pain meds. Your body is trying to heal itself and managing that kind of pain will just make it harder.

& sending you an Paula
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:58 AM

Morning all. Hitting a plateau here. Able to do more each day but still feel fuzzy. I made such great gains from Tues (surgery day last week) till Sat. I have a funny question. Do you all feel like there's a big empty space where your uterus was? I'm not talking emotional, but physical. It kind of felt the same with the c sections-like a "hole"(for lack of a better word) when the baby was out. It kind of feels like my organs are saying...ahhh space to stretch. It doesn't hurt. My bladder is able to hold a lot more and it held a lot to begin with. Ok here's another question. I think the answer is that the vaginal cuff (like the abdominal area) is healing and starting to itch or pull. Every once in a while I get a vaginal contraction-kind of like an orgasim but it's not pleasurable-but it doesn't hurt either. It's just like a muscle contraction. Anybody else doing that?? I forgot to tell y'all yesterday-I had champagne Sun. night. It was good but it didn't taste the same. I think like Jazzy I lost the taste for it. Mayb it's the anesthesia because there are a lot of things that are tasting off. Well off to walk. Today is dh's bd and I'm making him a pie-in stages. I surprised him and made lasagna last night in stages. When I was up I'd shred cheese and put it away. By the end of the day all I had to do is assmble it and voila dinner. It was so easy to do it that way. Well off to do my mile-I'm going to try and combine the 1/2 mile sessions into one today. Wish me luck.
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:59 AM

Miette,

I've been taking purcacet each night and decided to give Exedrin PM a try. I was sleepy but still in pain for some reason. Even having a good day. I would definately call your doctor. I think I still need my pain meds, at least at night.

Mersey, I can relate about sleeping on your back and wanting a hot tub bath. I really do miss those two things. I hate shaving my legs in the shower.

Good luck at the doc today Safeone. I will pray your doctor will take the time to give you all your info. I actually make my doctor draw me pictures if I don't get it. I had her draw measure out my uterus and tumor. Still would like to know how much it weighs. Still haven't got my path. reports back. I don't know if that is good thing or if no news is good news. I'll choose the latter.

Hope you have a good day you all.
Unread 03-28-2007, 08:06 AM

Jpgirl, I haven't experienced that yet. I woke up very uncomfortable this morning about where my right ovary is. I'm going to keep an eye on your questions and see if I do experience that.
Unread 03-28-2007, 08:08 AM

Are we supposed to be walking that much? I thought just walking around the house was good enough. I feel guilty. Guess I better get my butt in gear.
Unread 03-28-2007, 08:09 AM

bvcain.....not sure. They did say to walk and when I asked my dr. she said there was no limit - just what I could handle. I can just see it now........me shuffling down the streets of Pompton Lakes....looking more like a geezer then a woman of 46. Well, guess we gotta start somewhere, huh?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register