Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 101 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Good Evening Ladies-

A good day today. Was pretty busy....my substitute for school came over and we planned for the next 4 days. I am going back on the 20th....we'll see how that goes. Did the taxes (procrastination BIG time) and went and got the new car and out to dinner. I even test drove the manual....rpobably not the smartest thing to do for the first time driving in three weeks. I will pay tomorrow I am sure. And the really big news is I have jeans on!! I can tell the tummy is swollen though....gonna get that swelly belly band ready and hit the hay SOON.

Angelic---I hope DH doesn't get the wrong idea about me since I was up and dressed ALL day. I looked the stuff on bedside table and thought about returning it to the proper spots, but was afraid someone would think I was all healed!! I hear you!

TC231- Oh yeah the emotional stuff has been bad off and on. I have had probably four really BAD days since surgery. Yesterday the DR put me on Paxil and hopefully some of those symptoms will be relieved. It kind of reminds me of PMS.....which I haven't had for over two years.....abalation in 2004.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 06:21 PM

Three weeks for me as well and no HRT. I did go on Paxil yesterday as I am not sleeping and have night sweats and hot flashes. I hope this does the trick as I go back to work in one week and really need my sleep! The swelly belly band kept me cool for quite a while last night and DH is a darling as he lets me have the ceiling fan on as well. The first week or so I had a cool cloth on my forehead most of the night. I go from a hot flash to freezing cold in a matter of minutes though!

Paige---are you a teacher? I teach first grade.
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:41 PM

Teacherjpm:
Actually I am a SpEd Assistant and work one on one with a child with behavioral/ learning problems. He can be a handfull.

The nights sweats aren't too bad when you wear a summer gown when it's 20 degrees at night here in Tennessee!! It helps to keep water by my bed, too. I have even take ibuprofen before bed. That seems to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 06:44 PM

SenJen- I don't know if I said this before (brain fog is terrible) we lived in Cincy when we were up North. Dh is a native and I was a transplant.
I had an ok day. It was grey and rainy. It's also my and my dd's BD and it was a bit gloomy with dh still overseas. And I'm having issues with my older sister who isnt willing to help out my younger sister take care of my dad. She's lived with him for 5 years and never has asked for any help. And the one time she does my older sister won't take off work and help out. We're talking 1 week here. But it's ok for me to be post surgical to go up and do it. And oh yeah my dh is sacrificing to take time off work to help me take care of Dad. I gladly do it, that's not my complaint, my complaint (and my younger sis') is that the older sis is Such a Drama Queen and makes the biggest deal out of small things and insists that she's always available to help-yet she always finds a way not to. Oh, I think I should've gone to the gym today instead of sitting here moping all day. Oh well I'll get up early tomorrow and go work out.
I think the hospital may have hit a tooth when I was out. I've got a toot that started bugging me and I don't know why. Geez that's been a bigger pain than anything with the surgery. Just a nagging ache that's cold/sweet sensitive. Hope it clears up on it's own.

BTW-sure could use some prayers for dh's safe and on time return Sun. morning. He's supposed to fly into Newark and then onto another plane bound for here (Houston). Well he ALWAYS gets delayed in Newark and they've got a huge storm coming this weekend. I swear I'll just break down and cry if he doesn't get home till Mon or Tues. because he has to turn around and fly to Va. the next weekend. WAH WAH I want my hubby.
Have a good night all. Oh hey the sleep is getting better-I actually slept 5 1/2 hours straight last night.
((HUGS))
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:51 PM
indian apparel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpgurl
Kim- Yes I stayed seated during class. I just did seated hill climbs. I'm more of an outdoor cyclist and we don't spend tons of time outof the saddle-it expends to much energy. There are only 2 reasons to get out of the saddle outside-1) You're about ready to tank on a hill and need that extra push or 2) You're in a sprint and need that extra push. I did come out of the saddle 4 times for about 10-20 seconds each. Just trying to push a little more each day without overdoing. I may go tomorrow and try for 40-45 minutes. We'll see. I know you'll have so much fun going back, just stop before you get really tired. I really could've done the whole class but for me I don't know I've overdone till it's too late. That's so cool that you certified too. I've been on a 5 year haitus-guess it really is time to get back into it.

Notgreat I'm hoping that dh will find me a sari (is that the scarf/shawl??) . It was an adventure for him ,but he's hoping to not have to go back anytime soon. Europe is more his pace, but he goes all over. I think his favorite so far has been Alaska because he's never seen anything like it.
Well off to do some cleaning-Have a good evening all
hi jpgurl...you were sort asking about saris (sarees) so i thought i would give you some info in case you have a chance to ask your dh to bring you back fabric.

you purchase a sari as a woven fabric, 5-6 yds. across, 44" in length. (l yd. of fabric sometimes woven in for a matching blouse or choli (short blouse). you have to have someone make the blouse out of this fabric; also a petticoat is worn underneath. wrapping takes a lot of practice!

the other outfits you can wear, which i think are more practical for those of us who either don't look good in saris or don't know how to wrap them are:

lengha: long skirt and matching choli (short blouse)...you see a lot of the bollywood dancers wearing these, also beautiful for weddings or other formal events.

salwars: long pants and matching blouse. (sometimes called pajama outfits). my pants have a drawstring waist and gathered at ankles.

you can also wear matching scarves with these outfits. you can view loads of these on the internet...just look under indian apparel. hope your husband brings you back something nice!
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:54 PM

3 weeks here and no meds-haven't since the middle of week 1. But I'll qualify that -I am taking Advil at night because I've got a touchy nerve on a tooth. I think something may have happened at the hospital when I was out-don't see any cracks but the nerve is irritated. Maybe they hit it when they took the tube out. Or maybe it's hormonal?? I grind my teeth anyway and I've noticed in the last 5 days that all my teeth are sensitive. Hmm is that possible that the lack of hormones is affecting my gums and teeth??
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:59 PM

Notgreatmischief
Thanks for the info. I think dh is planning something -he has about 10 hours before he catches the plane to Delhi and said he and the guy he's travelling with are "going to take care of some things". That'd be great if brought back material. I don't think a sari is for me. But if he brought back material-I could make some really nice shawls which are so nice to have here-you boil outside but every place keeps the AC on deep freeze!! I did look at some samples online and the material is beautiful.. can't wait.
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Haven't checked in for a while...

Sounds like everyone is glad to have hit that 3 weeks mark. I know I am .

I am trying to do what they say..."don't compare myself with yesterday but compare myself to the week after surgery". I am definetly doing better than the week after surgery.

I was feeling a little cabin fever today so I ventured out with DM (don't have permission to drive yet) to take little ones to preschool and then off to shop at Kohls. I was there for about 45 min and asked her to drive me home. Wow I was wiped! And this evening my abdomen is very sore inside. The ovary that was removed had been attached to the back of my pelvic wall with adhesions. I assume that is where the pain is coming from.

Anyway, having a pretty good mental health day...I think the sun (finally) and fresh air did me some good.

I hope you all have a very restful night!
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Jpgurl:

Walked 4 miles at 3.9 today -yeah! Got really excited today. All my friends were coming in for the cycle class so I went in to talk to them and decided to sit on the bike. Don't know why in the world I am so nervous. Anyway, rode for about 5 mins. before class started. I felt really comfortable. Anyway, I am going to do what doc said and wait until next week.

Kim
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:17 PM

hi again jpgurl: since you are a fitness instructor i wanted to ask you if it was possible to do weight training (arms and legs) and not involve the abdominal muscles? i have asked my salsa/fit instructor to do personal training with me when the time is right (she's also a personal trainer) at my home. i can provide anything needed, ie. yoga mat, small weights, anything. i thought we could do it on my kitchen floor (which is made of cork and i can also keep clean)...it's not that big, but i think enough space to work out gently!

i also wondered if it would be okay to rent a stationary bike...i don't know if i could protect my abs. doing that! i don't really want to go to the gym i belong to because i will be starting chemo next thurs., apr. 19, every 3 wks for 6 treatments, plus i.p. chemo...my immune system will be compromised so i just don't want to take a chance picking up any virus. i hope i will feel up to exercising thru the chemo. it will be awhile before i will feel like doing abs exercises as i've had 2 abd surgeries within 4-l/2 weeks...want that area to heal completely and then some.

i am sure hoping your husband gets home from overseas on schedule...you have been doing great on your own, but you do need him there physically.

i know what you mean having a sister drama queen who doesn't take turns helping out. my dad lives alone (not quite...his ex-son-in-law and 2 teenage granddaughters live downstairs) approx. a 30-min. drive from me. not only do i look after my father-in-law, who lives with us...but i take my dad a casserole once a week and have him for dinner every sunday night. (we pick him up and drive him home). my sister, who lives 15-min. away...she doesn't drive but her unemployed (disability) husband does. they never have him for dinner and don't visit very often. she thinks it's enough to phone him every night and keep tabs on him that way! my other sister who lives near me, works fulltime, 2 young kids visits him every saturday and brings him donuts and coffee! that's just the way it is!

sorry about your tooth...hope it isn't serious! take care now and i hope you don't mind me asking your professional advice! sweet dreams!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register