Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 102 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

hi everyone...my 3 wk post op was yesterday, thurs. i've noticed that in the last 3 days i have improved significantly, esp. today. it's 9:30 p.m. fri. and once again i have forgotten to take my pain meds. i have cut them down slightly...don't want to go off them too quickly. i went out again today, this time got my hair coloured, so i was out for a couple of hours. my brother-in-law, who drove me, couldn't believe how well i looked, since last week or so when he drove me to 3 appts., i had to hang on to him, get him to carry my bag, open doors, etc.

i finally feel like i'm getting better...yay for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 07:35 PM

It's amazing how much better you feel just to get to go to Wal-Mart, even though I despise going to that place. In my town, you park in Egypt and walk all the way to the back to get milk or juice. By then, I'm too tired to walk back to the car. Boy, I wish I was little enough to let DS push me in the buggy!! LOL!!!
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miette
I'm very reflective lately about all this hysterectomy buisness.....

I've had 3 "ectomies" in my life.
Tonsils at 5 - never missed them
Mastoid - Hard to handle losing 2 major bones and the ear drum
Hyst.....

I too try to imagine me without the uterus and hit a wall the first two weeks.

I think we all feel a sense of loss at some point and at some degree.

Now I try to imagine everything healed and healthy and holding possible grandbabies one day (or kittens since my daughter said she is going to be the crazy cat lady instead of having kids)

concordia2007
It's rather poetic that what nutured life went on to nuture it in another way with the afterbirth info you gave.

I am tired, but feel good today.
I've been a little moody on and off.
I went to see my best friend, she is relieved I am still alive and now has visible proof.
It actually made me feel better to get out of this house and sit some where else for 2hrs!

Been having some odd aches and twinges and when I talked to the nurse the other day I did mention a few and she said I am right on track. The nerves are coming back online and muscles trying to reform and tighten back up. She gave me warning signs (deep throbbing ache, searing sharp pains, fever, etc...)

My rash IS improving!
In fact... time to go clean up for the night.

I've been a good girl and doing exactly what the nurse said to do.

I want my lollypop now

Big hugs to you all.
Here's looking at WEEK FOUR!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 08:32 PM

teacherjpm: Hi Jane, thanks for info on band, wore it for a few hours tonight (with plastic wrap) and have been keeping in the freezer (nice cool) feel a bit better today.

bjenkins: had my haircut too. I don't look like Farrah, DH usually says I look like Tweety Bird. I think that's a good thing. Anyway it feels good. Watched Oprah today, all about internet/email scams, amzing how easy it is to get duped. Told DH to watch out because he is always filling out those sweepstakes things that come in the mail.

angelic: I guess I'll leave all my post-op stuff as is, blanket, heating pad, etc. Was going to clear the decks tomorrow but maybe not such a good idea.

Jpgurl: Forgot to wish you happy Birthday!! I know what you mean about families. We are 7 siblings and it is always the same 3 organizing everything. Will say a prayer for your DH's safe return.

Time to sign off and get some shut-eye. Talk to you all tomorrow eh!
Unread 04-13-2007, 08:46 PM

Beautiful day today! Felt tons better than I have the past couple of days - yay! Walked a bit, pulled a few weeds, and sat outside in the sun for a little while. Washed some clothes, wrote a few thank-you notes, did my Mom's taxes and started ours (better get a move on!). Went out to dinner with my family. It was a good day . . . .

Jpgurl, funny you should mention a touchy tooth - these past couple of days I've noticed that one of my bottom molars has become very sensitive to cold. It's actually painful to drink a cold coke (soda, pop, whatever y'all call them!) or eat anything cold. Wonder what's up with that?!?!

I've also had some serious back pains today. I've had a dull ache for a few days, but today it's been really bad.

paige69, I know what you mean about Wal-Mart! Went the other day, and dh had to go get the car to pick me up after we finished shopping! I was pooped!

bas4cas, I love Kohl's, but cringe at the thought of clothes shopping right now. I need some summer stuff, but figure my "swelly belly" will throw my size off. Ah, maybe one of these days!

nogreatmischief, glad you're doing so well! I need to go to my hairstylist - it's been four weeks since my last color and cut . . . .

mersey - glad to hear the rash is better! Yay for you!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:52 PM

Reading the musings on the lack of uterus, etc. is interesting to me. I do understand the grieving side of things: when my husband had his vasectomy sixteen years ago I actually cried that I would never go through labor and delivery again. With the hysterectomy, I never felt the need to grieve the missing parts and am actually just relieved they are gone. I wonder if I will become more reflective at some point. I grieve more over my 16 yr old's irreperably injured testicle. Maybe because he's so young and life is ahead of him.

I had a yucky day. I don't know if it was from overdoing things yesterday but have felt sick all day. A little twingy in the lower abdomon, but I"m wondering if it is more due to a flu bug or something? Then because of the achies that I was getting, I was concerned about a UTI plus when I peed it had that leftover needing to still go some more feeling. I'm out of state until Monday so I'm hoping its not that.

At any rate, hope you all are doing well.
Love and hugs,
Becky
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:04 PM

Greetings from stormy Texas...only a few tornados today...yikes! I have never seen hail the size of golfballs before...it was awesome but also very scary. One of ours Labs kept trying to chase the hail...silly girl.

Anyway, I had insomnia last nite and I was dragging all day. We were anticipating severe weather today, so I helped hubby bring all the lawn chairs/plants into the garage under his protest. What can I say...I am a redhead and I'm stubborn. But, I wish I hadn't helped (even though I took the lighter items), because I ended up hurting myself...stupid. Noone to blame by myself. So, I spent the rest of the evening on the couch.

Thanks for the sympathy on my pelvic exam yesterday. I left the exam feeling really nauseous, extremely crampy, and creeped out. I did not like having the Dr. go near that area at all. He is a wonderful physician, but that area is still very much healing and it did not want to be disturbed....eek. I just started a 5 day "vaginal cream" treatment to help with drainage. The down side of the cream is that I can't have any alcohol for the next 6 days...so...no wine for me

Though I am not having any issues missing my uterus, I am having a hard time knowing that my cervix is no longer there. I was never able to have children, so the uterus was only causing me major discomfort and I feel so much better now that its gone. My tummy is somewhat flat and I can actually suck my stomach in, which I haven't been able to do for a very long time. But, unfortunately, I had dysplasia on my cervix and it needed to be removed. As arrogant as this may sound, I am terrifed that sex will never be the same because its missing. I really enjoy sex, and I find myself worrying about this more often than I think is healthy. It is too early to know how things will be and it really is too soon from surgery to expect immediate results. But, I do find it quite "mind-consuming."

I am glad to hear that everyone is improving as time passes. It has been so great to hear all of your stories, thoughts, fears, concerns, advice, etc. We will all come out of this smelling like roses.

Sleep tight.
Unread 04-14-2007, 12:43 AM
still bleeding

I am 3 weeks 2 days PO LAVH. I am cramping really bad and have bright red blood. I noticed that when I urinated a few minutes ago, the urine was totally pinkish red. My tissue paper was fresh bright red blood. I went to the doctor Wed, and he did a pelvic exam and was concerned that my vaginal cuff wasn't healing. He applied silver nitrate and wants to see me again Monday. He called me twice yesterday to check on me asking if I had any fever or cramping. I didn't have any cramping then, just the blood. He told me to stay off my feet all weekend and see him Monday. Well, I started this horrible cramping around 6pm tonite. Wonder what he was worried about, because now I am worried more too? Anyone having similar problems?
Unread 04-14-2007, 01:21 AM

Kim-Yeah for you!!!! I wish that I had worked out yesterday since it's 2 AM and I can't sleep now. You're wise to wait like your doc said but that's how I started 5 minutes!!! I think I'll hit the treadmill tomorrow-maybe even the cycling class-but on Sat. morning it's hard to get a bike-they start lining up outside 25 minutes before the gym opens. And the rate I'm going I'll still be asleep when class starts. It's nice to have fellow fitness lovers to celebrate/commiserate with during this recovery.

Notgreatmischief-glad you found a trainer, I hope it works out for you. When I was in Ohio I co-owned a company and that's what we did-go to people's (usually women) homes and train. As far as the bike goes it may or may not be a good idea. If you didn't ride the bike often before the surgery than now may not be the time to add that on. I was riding 80-140 miles a week before surgery and my core area was very fit and now I struggle a bit with keeping my core tight while riding. I knew the core was very involved in riding but it really it home when trying to ride with a compromised abdominal area. The other thing is you should check with your oncologist about doing the cardio. In your situation with oncoming chemo there's such a fine line between getting exercise and getting too much exercise that would further compromise your immune system. I know that for me there are weeks when I've been training hard and immune system tanks and I end up sick with a virus. I know a lady in my Spinning class who is a 5 year breast cancer survivor. She's amazing, so strong. She used to be a runner (she's building back up to that) and her oncologist wouldn't allow her to train during her chemo/radiation because he didn't want to take the chance of her getting sick. Anyways I'd go with what your doc says and how you feel. I know if it were me I'd want to try and do as much as I could just to keep my sanity. I remember when Lance Armstrong was sick and he'd get on his bike or trainer when he could even if it was just for 5 minutes. I also remember him writing in his book that there were days when he thought he'd never ride again. It's amazing how the body and spirit can heal after such hell. I really pray that you totally kill this enemy and win the war. Good luck with the trainer-I think that's a wise decision-it's good to have a professional to help you develop a fitness plan while you recover and fight the cancer.
Well guess I should at least attempt to go to bed. We've got storms rumbling through and my one lab is pacing. Night night all
Unread 04-14-2007, 05:58 AM

Morning all.

I am sorry that so many of you are experiencing the insomnia. I was awake a lot last night and am getting real 'tired' of this symptom. I really thought I was active enough yesterday to assure I would be tired. I feel asleep fairy easy but was wide awake from 1-3:30. Any suggestions from those of you who are sleeping?

Paige- Use those carts at Walmart and ignore the stares! I really needed to get out early in my recovery and have used one every place I have been in the last three weeks. Let 'em stare. They are remodeling my Walmart and the parking is awful so DH lets me out at the door but still to cover all that store.....use the cart.

Rabbit- Lucky you a FLAT stomach. Oh how I long for that. I too feel the 'loss' of something. Having a hard time getting my head around that. It's not that I every wanted more children....dh had a vasectomy, I had an abalation...both several years ago. It's just an irrational thought I keep having...this seems so final. Hormonal I am sure, but unnerving none the less.

Supermom-If you haven't already done so. call the doc. Just to get your questions answered. Praying for you this am.

Becky- Enjoy your weekend away. Maybe that's what we all need! A little R and R away from the house we aren't supposed to be cleaning and the work we are not supposed to be doing!!!

Hope everyone has a good day. Will be waiting for advice on sleeping!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register