Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 103 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

PS notgreatmischief I forgot about the wieghts-geez I'm an encyclepedia (except I can't spell it). I've toyed around with handweights (5#) and found that I can do biceps and triceps, front and side shoulder work. Overhead press stretch too much abdominally. I haven't tried but think I could do seated quadricep extensions. I haven't tried to do standing squats-too much core stabilization required for that. I have sat on the ExerBall (big blue or grey ball) and written the abc's with my butt. It's and physical therapy exercise and it's a light workout for the abs and back-also helps alleviate some of the back soreness-just don't too crazy with the hip action. I hope to do wome wall squats unweighted next week. That's where you put a ball between your back and wall and hold it there while you squat-it forces proper posture and alleviates stress to core area.
Hope this works for you and remember clearance through your doc and your trainer.

I didn't sleep last night and am really tired of it!! I slept between 11 and midnight and then from 4:30 to 7:30 AM. I'm off to the gym to do the treadmill (Kim...3.9 here I come-I hope) then need to do a little shopping for dh's homecoming. I'm going to tidy up the house and do some cycling. THAT should make me tired. I'm going to also avoid napping today. Hope this insominia stops soon. My body can't heal and I won't be able to progress my exercise without proper rest. Have a good day-good luck to y'all who are in for bad weather today. We just had a little rain and rumble of thunder here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2007, 07:43 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
I hope some of you slept better than I did. I am also experiencing insomnia I went to bed @ 2am, woke up @ 4am, back to sleep & woke @ 6:30am. If any of you have found a solution please let me know. I am going to try some hot "decaf" tea tonight, I'll let you ladies know if it works.

Superwife: I was experincing the same type of bleeding a few days ago too. I had an emergency SAH (kept ovaries & cervix) on March 21, '07 when I was 3weeks post-partum for abnormal bleeding.
My bleeding was just spotting but suddenly went to bright red & more than normal. I went to see my Dr. & he said there are a few reasons; If you overdo it & strain yourself, If the cervix is healing slowly, Having a mini period, & I can't remember the other. Anyhow, they sometimes cauterize the top of the cervix where it was attached to the uterus, some Dr.'s use "silver nitrate" but there is a newer procedure my Dr. told me about, Ican't remember the name of the chem. they use but i will call on mon. and let you know. BTW, my bleeding stopped just as suddenly as it started & now I am not even spotting, I only have some bleeding when I urinate, but am still keeping record. I reccomend you also keep record on a calendar so you can better inform your Dr. of your situation.

Rabbit: I envy you, a flat tummy!
I am still about 20lbs overweight from giving birth!
I'm wondering about the whole sex thing too, it's been so long. My Dr. said w/ or w/out the cervix it shouldn't matter. The only thing you might have to be concerned with from what i hear is vaginal dryness @ times. Talk to your Dr.about it. I have had a post-op pelvic & left feeling kinda yucky too. I have another next week for the post-partum & one after that for post-op again. I can't wait 'til I'm done w/ those! BTW, I hope you can have some wine soon, I might have some tonight w/DH since I'm off the Dilaudid now!!

Becky: Lucky you going on a trip! My biggest outing so far was lunch after a Dr. visit w/ my DH. It's kinda hard because I am healing from giving birth Feb 23 & "H" March 21.
I had those twingy shooting pains in the abdomen yesterday too, still have them this AM. I wonder if it's the nerve endings healing up inside? Any thoughts on that ladies? My abdominals are still really sore & weak too, they sometimes cramp slightly, but I think that's part of the healing process.

Are any of you ladies experiencing alot of back pain? I know I am, What I would give for a good deep tissue massage!! The back pain is caused by the abs being so weak, the low back muscles have to work overtime to help hold the body up. I'm sure some of you have noticed that your posture may have changed for the worse. No worries, I know when I am fully healed I am going back to doing my Yoga & core excercises, they really help build your strength.
Something you might also want to consider is massage, after 8wks. when Dr. releases you. I am a Licensed Massage Therapist (14yrs.) and know that massage would greatly benefit us through the healing process. I know I can't wait to get one!!

I guess most of us are between 3 & 4 weeks now, it's interesting to hear everyones stories of healing. I am glad that we are all here for each other, it makes the bad days seem not so bad & the good days even better! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, relax & enjoy!

Your Hyster Sister,
KimberJ
Unread 04-14-2007, 08:04 AM

Hey Brandy, thanks for the explanation....makes sense to me. I guess in my mind it would seem that the void is larger, but I guess in truth it's not large at all!

Hi ladies....feeling quite well today. Was in bed very early last night - 8:45 pm and didn't get up till then this morning, however, I slept horribly! At 12:30 I almost got up and watched TV - should have because tossing and turning isn't any fun.

No real pain, just pressure as usual. Beautiful day in NJ! Sunny and supposed to be up to 54 (we're having a heat wave!!) This is the calm before the Nor'easter they've predicted. Sounds like we're in for a lot of rain and possible snow. EW!

Good time to stay in and rest! Hope everyone is feeling well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2007, 08:09 AM

Hey ladies....got an interesting bit of information. My sister's MIL, who has been an OBGYN nurse for 40 years told me the reason we continue to feel tired is due to the fact that the anesthesia used during our surgery is now stored in our liver. Each day our liver emits some of it (making us feel tired) and this will happen for the next few weeks (or months depending on your metabolism) until it's completely out.

I found that to be very interesting and finally understood why some days I'm more tired then others.

Hope everyone is well!
Unread 04-14-2007, 08:40 AM

Happy Saturday everyone!
I had a good night's sleep and feel kind of restless this morning. Must be a sign I`m feeling better but still am getting sharp twinges in abdomen. Still have slight discharge but I guess this is normal.

sinsjen: Do take it easy this w/end since you're headed back to work next week.

mersey: your mention of nerve endings reassures me that my twinges are normal.

suzie-Q: my back pains have lessened perhaps due to the heating pad and I'm walking more. I'm a bit hunched over at times because my abdomen is sore so this probably doesn't help.

clinpic (Becky): I hear you about the vasectomy. DH was 34 at the time (I was only 28) but when I got into my mid-30's thought I might like to have another baby but it was too late. Anyway this feeling eventually passed and now having the TAH at 51 it is a positive thing for me (quality of life).

rabbit757: Repeat after me "I will not leave any heavy equipment today nor plough the South 40." Rest up!

teacherjpm (Jane) and KimberJ: I woke up at 1 am and had trouble getting back to sleep, was aware of every little pain.

That's it for now.
Unread 04-14-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit757
Though I am not having any issues missing my uterus, I am having a hard time knowing that my cervix is no longer there. I was never able to have children, so the uterus was only causing me major discomfort and I feel so much better now that its gone. My tummy is somewhat flat and I can actually suck my stomach in, which I haven't been able to do for a very long time. But, unfortunately, I had dysplasia on my cervix and it needed to be removed. As arrogant as this may sound, I am terrifed that sex will never be the same because its missing. I really enjoy sex, and I find myself worrying about this more often than I think is healthy. It is too early to know how things will be and it really is too soon from surgery to expect immediate results. But, I do find it quite "mind-consuming."

rabbit.... I really wanted to keep my cervix too, but it needed to removed, as I had the HPV (Human Pappiloma virus) years ago, with pre-cancerous cells...and had to be monitored closely with paps often....as far as I know, it was not in a pre or cancerous stage when it was removed...I'll see what the pathology reports says at 6 weeks post-op....as for the sex thing...I am reight there with you, I am so worried that it will just not be the same...like Kim mentioned there will def be some dryness, and the "short vagina" thing also has me petrifide :confuse:

hopefully the nasty weather and tornados have moved away from your area...stay safe

Jazzy...I had a sleepless night as well...makes me crazy sounds like your weather is much nicer then ours...we have rain and colder weather here...I heard freezing rain all night too!

to all

Angie
Unread 04-14-2007, 09:05 AM

Have plans today to clear out some clothes in closet and do some dusting. This will be a big achievement. Went to the Driver's Licence Bureau yesterday to have my picture taken (we do this every 4 years) noticed on my current picture that the suit I was wearing in still in my closet and my eyeglasses are the same (time for an update)

Jpgurl: All this talk about fitness is making me realize that I will need to do something once I'm well enough. I am not a great fan of the gym but like to walk and ride my bike. Perhaps I'll try yoga, must find something that I will stick to.

Jazzyfromnj: thanks for the info about the anaesthesia. I wasn't aware of that.

DH and I watched a show last night that had us reaching for the tissues. It is a local show in French called "Les Retrouvailles" roughly translated as "Finding loved ones that are lost". It's purpose is to re-unite children with birth mothers/fathers, families who have lost touched with certain members for various reasons. It really tugs at the heartstrings! Anyway, last night was the 10th anniversary of the show and the host featured some of the more memorable reunions.
Miette: This might interest you. The host was explaining that some of their research takes them outside Quebec. A couple of years ago there was a similar show in Oslo, Norway and featured a lady there who had been told by her father before he died that she had a half-sister who was born on a particular street in our provincial capital of Quebec City. They eventually found her sister in Quebec who had always been told by her mother that her father was Chinese and that she couldn't possibly have a sister in Norway. Turns out they are sisters and the sister here flew to Norway to surprise her half-sister on the show there. Last night on our show, the host arranged to bring the sister from Norway as a surprise. Get our the tissues!

I've rambled on enough and need to get cracking on those chores (but very slowly).

Have a great day!!
Unread 04-14-2007, 09:11 AM

Jazzy....makes sense doesn't it? that stuff is very powerful...hopefully it'll leave our systems sooner than later and we can feel totally human again...thanks for sharing

Jpgurl...you DH is in my prayers for a safe return to you

Well, I surprised myself when I tried my jeans on, they fit great...who'd of thunk LOL...and I have been told that I look like I'm losing weight I can't beleive it...what a wonderful bonus!

I have also been worried aboout my labido, and I think its coming back the reason is....I was out and about yesterday, and I had the music in the car up , I was shaking my booty in my seat, and checking out all the nice young fellows in their cars etc....and feeling a little frisky oh my gosh!!!

Hope everyone is feeling good today

Angie
Unread 04-14-2007, 09:21 AM

Kimber,

I can relate on the back pain. I feel great; except that darn back. Especially after I walk. Last night it was so bothersome, I had to take advil. I am sitting with a heating pad on my back right now. It figures it would flare up after all the bragging I was doing on the posts "I have no back pain...woo hoo." Should have kept my mouth shut!

Kim
Unread 04-14-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim123
Kimber,

I can relate on the back pain. I feel great; except that darn back. Especially after I walk. Last night it was so bothersome, I had to take advil. I am sitting with a heating pad on my back right now. It figures it would flare up after all the bragging I was doing on the posts "I have no back pain...woo hoo." Should have kept my mouth shut!

Kim
I was doing so well too, until just before the 3rd week mark...and then the lower back, and hip joint ache...I've been taking motrin and it takes it right away for me...guess its just part of the healing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register