Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 106 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

superwife....try posting your question on the open board as Catherine suggested....I am sure that someone there may have experienced the same thing or similar....also please go to the ER, I don't think you should take any chances....better safe than sorry...and if it is "normal" at least you have been seen and can rest more re-assured...I am thinking of you hon...take care and keep us posted

Angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2007, 05:49 PM

Recovery Update: We are still out of town but my wonderful doc had given me her cell # so I bugged her and gave her a call this afternoon. Mainly because my abdomon above my naval was burning and I am now hot-flashing combined with lots of nausea. The pain in my stomach is probably too much motrin the last few weeks so she told me i could cut back on it since the nerve damage seems to be healing. I'll go through the weekend and see if the hot flashes and nausea subside, but if not she's going to try me on a non-hormonal med that actually combats hot flashes. So we'll see. I did quite a bit of walking today as the weather was gorgeous, plus some mosey time around the mall.

HOpe you all are doing well. I haven't gotten to the other thread while gone because I usually just link from the email response when someone posts so dummy me, i can't remember how to find it now. Oh well, I'll be home on Monday.

Love ya.
Becky
Unread 04-14-2007, 05:59 PM

Superwife:

I am so sorry this is happening to you. If it were me, I would go to the ER. Your husband and children will understand.

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2007, 06:10 PM

Superwife, I'm with the sisters on this one - please go to the ER. At this point it doesn't matter what they do, it's about finding out what's causing the bleeding and clotting. Please let us know as soon as you find out anything. As Kim said, your children & DH will understand. They want you healthy. s!!!

Becky, sorry you're feeling so icky! I think you need to start poking those ovaries and tell them to get with the program! Enough is enough already! The Motrin is probably irritating the lining of your stomach. Are you taking it with food? That's important since that will quell the nausea you may get from it. Hope you're feeling better! Glad to hear you're enjoying your trip.
Unread 04-14-2007, 06:21 PM

Superwife:
It can vary, but they'll probably want to do a pelvic. Draw blood, to check your count to see if you're losing blood.. May do xrays, too. Depending on the "specialties" that the hospital offers they may do more. If your surgeon's office has someone on call, ask that they call them to notify. Of course, if your hospital is big, they may have an OB/GYN on call and will use him/her.
Make sure you let us know how you are.
Unread 04-14-2007, 10:46 PM

Evening ladies...

Superwife...I am so sorry that you are dealing with this bleeding. I am in cocurrence with the other sisters that you need to be seen by a Dr. ASAP. I have had persistent drainage since surgery, but not to the extent that you are experiencing. But, I did strain myself the other day, and I noticed that the discharge amount definitely increased and appeared to have more of a red discoloration. Please let us know what you decide...

I had a lot of cramping today and was sore/tender over my incision areas. This resulted on a lot of lower back pain. It got to the point where standing became way too uncomfortable and I was back on the couch after dinner time. I think that I will definitely be taking it easy tomorrow.

I slept well last nite, but I find that as each nite passes I am going to bed later and later in an attempt to fully exhaust myself. Pre surgery I was in bed by 10, and up at 5 am. Now, I am going to bed about 12-1 am and getting up around 8. This is very different for me. I had a bad case of insomnia the other day and it really wore me out. I don't have an explanation for it, but I am thinking that it had to do with poor diet and blood sugar. I had a bowl of Tiramasu that friends brought over after dinner that nite, and I have always had problems with hypocglycemia. I notice that if I eat more protein and veggies for dinner I sleep much better.

Anyway, thanks for some input on the "cervix" issue. I didn't realize that having the cervix removed would "shorten" the vagina. I always felt it was short to begin with...Oh well...I'll try to have good thoughts about this until I can check it out for real. Due to the fibroids I had, intercourse had become increasingly painful, and I was hoping that the surgery would alleviate that discomfort.

Okay ladies...I am headed to bed. I wish you all deep sleep and sexy dreams.
Unread 04-15-2007, 01:42 AM

I lived with one ovary for 10 years before hysetectomy (nothing to do with ovaries) our bodies are wonderfully made and the remaining ovary takes over the hormone job for you - I still had not had a menopause at 51 - I was really getting fed up with periods every month when my friends were all stopping theirs !so the remaining ovary does the job of two for you !
Unread 04-15-2007, 02:00 AM

Hello All

it's smug Lenaise here who is sailing thro everything without a problem ....

NOT ! I thought it was all to good to be true - over the last two days my sweely belly has become huge ! I think I may have a slow down issue with the bowels which usually cause me no problems at all . I think I'll have to resort to a fibre drink and hope it gets things moving - in the meantime the scar stings and itches like mad ! I have to travel tomorrow to see my uncle (I'm not driving thank goodness) - the whole family is going - 4 generations - the journey is only an hour so lets hope I dont explode on the way !

A gorgeous Sunday morning here in the UK - hugs to all !
Unread 04-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Morning morning!

Hello girls!

I'm so sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing problems with sleep, pain and bleeding. I have read through some posts now and I see that our recoveries are not at all linear. Some days are good and some are not so good. I will be thinking of all of you that are having problems.

Becky: I'm so glad you are checking in with us. I hope you have wonderful trip. I'm so sorry your tummy hurts...motrin makes my stomach hurt if I take it without food.

Superwife: If you haven't already~please don't wait anymore but go to the ER right away... this sounds like a potential for a serious complication. I don't think anyone but a doctor can tell you if this is ok or not. I'm worried about you and hope that you are ok and all is well.

Paula: how are you today? Still hurting? I hope not. Take it easy today, ok? Rest rest rest.

Rabbit: I'm so sorry you're cramping... are you very active now? I notice I cramp a lot if I'm too active or espectially at night. I hope you feel better soon.

Lenaise: Hello, neighbor!! I hope you feel better today. I love to read your posts!

Well, I'm going to check the other thread now. I care about each one of you and hope you are doing alright.

Hugs,
-Miette
Unread 04-15-2007, 05:22 AM

Superwife,

Well, it seems I have the same thing going on. I decided to wash and rehang a few curtains in my sunroom yesterday. The only thing I did was stretch a little. Felt no pain, but within an hour, had some cramping and started bleeding bright red with clots. That is the first bleeding I have had since the day after I got home from the hospital. Not sure if I dislodged a clot that had been hanging around in the abdomen or if I somehow pulled stitches. It seems to have slowed down some now, but I do intend on speaking with my Doc tomorrow morning. This morning I definitely feel like I have taken two steps backwards. Note to all: don't hang curtains, even though they are not heavy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register