Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 107 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Good morning all! I had a much better night, after taking 2 of my back pain pills. I am allowed to do that. It is a cold 37 degrees here in Tennessee and I feel it. My puppy, all 7 pounds of him, is wide awake and wanting to play. DH put him in bed with us and he stepped right on my swelly belly. It really didn't hurt, but just a twinge.

Hope everyone had a restful night. I hope Superwife went to the ER and is at least feeling more relaxed knowing what is/isn't going on. I'd want to know.

Have a great morning-- I'm thinking about trying to go to church. The problem is sitting there that long.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 08:17 AM

Morning Ladies,
Well I really over did it yesterday w/ the walking, paying for it today. DH wanted to go look @ some model homes, thought it would be good to get out of the house. At the time I didn't feel like I was doing anything too strenuous, but afterwards I really felt it. Today I am doing NOTHING!!

Superwife: Go to the ER!! Your bleeding w/ clots sounds like a problem.

DH made me some coffee & breakfast gotta go, be back later.

KimberJ
Unread 04-15-2007, 08:51 AM

Good morning sisters! It's a really horrid, rainy day here in Jersey!

Feeling well today - slept a bit better last night then the prior nights. No pain or aches......so I'll continue to behave today - though with this weather, there isn't much choice.

Superwife.....thought of you last night and hope you checked into the ER to find out what is causing your bleeding and clotting. Let us know what you find out.

Miette! I'm doing well, hon. Hope you are too, and in your posts you sound very upbeat.....happy about that.

KimberJ, behave today! No overdoing it!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Musings

Hiya Girls!

I can't really complain because I'm not having any complications per say, but I'm tired today. I noticed that the last three days I've been really active and today I keep crawling back under the covers! I've been trying to catch up on posts here. We are a chatty bunch!!

JpGirl: I'm so sorry to hear about your tooth.. ouch! I hope you can get that taken care of. It sounds really painful. I despise having to go to the dentist, but pain is a really good motivator. Anyways, I hope you feel better soon. I hope your DH has a safe and enjoyable trip home. Next time I see a plane overhead I'll wave just in case!

nogreat: wow, fantastic that you are doing so well with healthy mealplans. I'm back on a low cal diet ... trying to cut back on my carbs, but it's tough. I am a really picky eater and diabetic too so it makes my life challenging. I was working out on the eliptical machine three times a week before surgery but I don't think I'm ready for that just yet. I have been walking every day but like I said, I'm pooped today so I'm gonna just chill.

How is everybody else doing?

My DH and I are computer geeks and have our own puters... we tried to install WinXP over Win2k today and ... dum dum dum...now I can't access the internet. ARGH. So, I'll not be checking in so often until I get it up and running.
I hope everyone has had a good weekend. It's beautiful weather here and I'm going to just lay around today and maybe get some sunshine. I have incredibly pale skin, which makes me a little self conscious, so I bought (for the first time) some of that gradual tanning cream but when I applied it I didn't rinse off my hands afterwards. I look STRANGE now!

Enough rambling from me... love and hugs to all my sisters,

-Miette
Unread 04-15-2007, 09:15 AM

superwife, We are all worried about you. Let us know how you are. Its always better to be safe than sorry. I went to the ER once and It was only gas. How embarassing! But I am glad I went.
Unread 04-15-2007, 09:28 AM

superwife, can't stop thinking of you! Hope you are doing ok today!
Unread 04-15-2007, 09:38 AM

Years ago my mother had a hyserectomy. She told me recently that it takes about a year for everything to be "normal" again! (A YEAR! - HOLY TOLEDO!) The more I read here, and as each day passes in my recovery, I have a feeling she is right. I think the incision, spotting, hormone disruption, bowel issues etc. all take some time to resolve. Six weeks is probably a time line for being able to "funtion" as before not "feel" as before. (Just my thoughts on all of this since I am experiencing all the same things as what I read about here.)
Unread 04-15-2007, 09:42 AM

I was checking on superwife.. Looks like there is no update from her.

Thinking of her this morning.
Unread 04-15-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroberts623
I was checking on superwife.. Looks like there is no update from her.

Thinking of her this morning.
Me too, I think we are all worried about her. I hope everything is okay and the reason she hasn't posted is she is sleeping in!
Unread 04-15-2007, 10:20 AM

groovydiva,

My dr. told me almost exactly the same thing you said. I guess I didn't really believe him. I thought "6 weeks...I'll be back to normal". I think I am finally, in my mind, ready to agree that it's going to take a while.

My mom told me after surgery the dr. made the comment to her "a year from now she won't believe how good she feels".

I wish I had really taken his thoughts to heart ahead of time! The dr. really did try to warn me. I am thankful for my dr. being so honest with me ahead of time.

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovydiva
Years ago my mother had a hyserectomy. She told me recently that it takes about a year for everything to be "normal" again! (A YEAR! - HOLY TOLEDO!) The more I read here, and as each day passes in my recovery, I have a feeling she is right. I think the incision, spotting, hormone disruption, bowel issues etc. all take some time to resolve. Six weeks is probably a time line for being able to "funtion" as before not "feel" as before. (Just my thoughts on all of this since I am experiencing all the same things as what I read about here.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register