Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 109 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Lightsandclouds- THANK YOU. Now I don't feel so crazy. I think my gums have receded a bit since surgery as I have more sensitivity in other teeth as well. The one tooth that's the worse-doesn't feel like cavity or cracked tooth pain-just a dull throb when exposed to hot (temp) or sweet food. I did buy a rinse for sensitive teeth and it's much better. Will consult a dentist this week. I'm not on HRT yet.

I feel really good today. I did start having this chill up the spine feeling every once in a while-but I'm not cold. I'm thinking the surgical menopause thing might be catching up to me-although the hot flashes are becoming less in number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 03:44 PM

Hi Sisters,

Had a pretty good day today. Since DH and DD helped with the housework yesterday, feel like I've got rid of a lot of clutter that was starting to surround me (it's all a state of mind). Got out for a bit of shopping and DH was worried I was overdoing it. Since weather is too miserable to take a walk, I combined exercise with shopping therapy and bought myself a couple of CD's (Jann Arden's latest/she is a Canadian singer/songwriter) also Corinne Bailey Rae (I saw her on Oprah and like her style and songs) DH decided to take me for dinner tonight so I'm looking forward to that and the best part is that it's Sunday and I don't have to work tomorrow.

Hi Jazzy,
So is it safe to start using the Vitamin E oil? I bought some and 4 of my surgical strips have come off, incision appears to be healing quite well. I'll have to apply it myself since DH is still too afraid to hurt me. The thing I miss most is that I usually sleep on my stomach with DH putting his arm and leg around me. Hopefully the pain will subside enough for this until we can take things a little further!
Hope your dull aches are just temporary, don't forget to rest.

Hi Nogreatmischief,
I know what you mean by not straightening up due to the incision. I tend to have poor posture anyway so I need to work on that too. Do you think I should consider yoga or should I wait a while since I have never done this before?
Congrats on your healthy lifestyle changes, it's never too late to make these small changes that can have a great benefit on our overall health.

Hi Jpgurl,
As if you need the tooth pains on top of everything else. I admire you for still keeping so active on your bike. Glad to hear your DH made it home safe and sound.

Hi Miette,
I tried that tanning lotion too before I went to Mexico but the only thing that got tanned was my underwear! I'm sure you're not paler that I am. Of course when I went away I was wearing No. 45 SPF lotion for the first week. When I got off the plane in Montreal, looked like I had brought back a Mexican (my DH) who just has to look at the sun to get tanned but with all this talk about skin cancer at least I got him to wear 15 SPF for the first week. Can't be too careful.

That's all for now, gotta get ready for dinner out with DH. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Unread 04-15-2007, 03:55 PM

Hey all. Well I woke up this morning and put a finger on exactly what I have been feeling the two and a half days: as crazy as it sounds I feel just like I have morning sickness. Severe nausea, hot flashes, light headed, headaches. This only started the other morning when I woke up with the hot flash. With my last two pregnancies I felt like this for nearly four months into the pregnancy. I almost started into the dry heaving this morning but got it choked back. I ate a little (very little) breakfast and that seemed to help calm things down. But geez, morning sickness>>>?? Confused hormones. '

Hey my tooth question was this: not so much the sensitivity but I've had more tarter and plaque build up in four weeks than I normally do between cleanings. I wondered if it was connected somehow.

Miss you all (sounds funny ) being out of town and not at my regular computer. But still nice to be able to catch up.

Love and hugs.
Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 04:03 PM

hi concordia...i also love jann arden and after seeing corrinne bailey rae on oprah, i would love to hear her c.d. you probably know that jann arden is quite the character, very honest and down-to-earth and also a magnificent performer/singer/songwriter.

re yoga: i started practising yoga at the age of 55...i've only been doing it for just over a year. it has been one of the best things (healthwise) that has happened to me. it doesn't matter how big or small you are, how flexible or not you are...anyone can do it. it really helps with the posture bigtime, also balance, proper stretching, poses to help with digestion, and all kinds of ailments. unfortunately, i can't see myself getting back to it for quite awhile, since i have had a lot of abdominal surgery and i would be afraid of damaging something before it has completely healed. however, i do try to remember to hold my posture properly and practise the deep breathing exercises. there are couple of poses i can do that don't involve the abs. and i'm sure there are others. i'm just not ready to take that step yet. i highly recommend yoga, but only when you are completely healed and then some as it can be strenuous, although you should always go at your own pace and only as far as you feel comfortable with.

re vitamin e oil...it was recommended to me by my plastic surgeon after i had a very small melanoma removed from my neck in oct. 06. i used it regularly for a few months and you can barely see the scar. haven't used it lately...pre-occupied with other medical issues.

glad you're getting help at home...it really makes you treasure the marriage vows: "in sickness and in health"!
Unread 04-15-2007, 04:15 PM

hi-

i know i am a wimp to those of you who are in shape, but i walked 20 minutes with dd in the stroller this afternoon and did ok.
Unread 04-15-2007, 04:18 PM

has anyone heard from superwife?
Unread 04-15-2007, 04:25 PM

Jen-

Congrats to you on the walk! Bet dd loved it! I was pretty active before but have not had the strength to think about that treadmill. My goal is to try tomorrow morning. If I do 15 minutes/3 mph. I will be thrilled. Will let you know how that goes.
Unread 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM

If it were warmer, I would be out walking but it is too cold and I can't stand it..... my insides shiver when it's cold outside
Unread 04-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Hi all:

Superwife posted about her bleeding problem on the main post op board and I noticed that the majority of ones that responded told her to go to the ER. I sure hope she did. Passing blood clots doesn't sound good at all.

I was really tired yesterday, but today...wow! More energy than I could imagine. Went to church, out to eat with friends and 4 miles on treadmill at 4.0!! I am so happy. Clothes are starting to feel better too.

Freezing here in Atlanta today! 43 degrees, overcast and drizzly...yuck...where is spring????

Distracted: My husband lived in Louisville, KY for seven years when he was a teenager. His sister lived there up until a year ago and she moved here. It was a really nice place to visit. Loved the Derby pie!! Yum.

Hope everybody has a wonderful evening and hope you all get plenty of sleep.

Kim
Unread 04-15-2007, 06:51 PM

Hi Nogreatmischief,

Actually Jann Arden was in Montreal last night and my younger brother called me Thursday to ask if I would go to the show. Too bad but because I had a fair amount of pain last week I didn't feel that I could commit to this. He actually couldn't find anyone to go with and his wife doesn't like her. Anyway if the weather improves this week I plan to try out my 2 CD on my daily walk. Good incentive to get out there.

Thanks for the advice on the yoga and vitamin E oil. I will give them both a try.

Have a great evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register