Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 110 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

nogreat~ can I use the vitamin e oil even thought I still have my steri strips on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 06:24 PM

Hi Sisters....hope all is well with everyone.

New pain......lower right side, very tender to the touch - I'm wondering if it's due to the removal of the cyst on my right ovary - however that seems weird since I've been primarily pain free for almost four weeks. Going to call my dr. tomorrow to find out. When I touch the area, something feels firm beneath my fingers......which is making me nervous......

Mary, I started putting the Vitamin E oil on as soon as the steri-strips were removed. So far, so good.

Distracted....using Vitamin E on your steri strips would probably make them fall off quicker. I don't think it would hurt, but I'd check with your doctor before doing so.

Hope everyone's evening is going well. Sweet sleep to all the sisters!

s Paula
Unread 04-15-2007, 06:47 PM

Hey everybody,

Feeling much better today - backache has really subsided. I was really hurting there for awhile. Ate Advil all day yesterday and used a heating pad which did the trick.

Tooth sensitivity is much better now as well. I can drink cold stuff again without that *twinge* (ow . . . . ). Sure don't know what brought that on.

Been venturing out more these past couple of days, but notice if I'm out too long, my eyes get really heavy like I need a nap or something. Kinda funny actually . . . . . .

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope superwife went to the ER last night. Hugs to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 07:54 PM

Hey there,

Now that my backache's about gone, I'm feeling pretty good. Actually wore jeans yesterday, and not my baggy ones either!

Kim123 - you're right - it is cold here in Atlanta!! Got dressed this afternoon for my daughter's wedding shower and put on a spring outfit - skirt and top with open-toed slides. My husband came in and said, brrrrr, it's down to 45 degrees! Chunked those clothes and dragged out my winter ones!!

sinsjens - congrats on the walk! I hope to do more of that this week myself.

Jpgurl, so glad you dh made it home safely!

miette, we're all computer geeks as well, and my dh and ds LOVE to tinker with MY computer. I never know what to expect when I get home from a business trip. One time it took me forever to stop getting BSODs (blue screen of death) every time I turned my computer on!

nogreatmischief, I would love to learn to salsa - the dance type, that is! I love dancing, but dh is not terribly fond of it. Your salsa exercise class sounds like fun, though. Maybe I should check out a fitness center around here . . . .

Jazzy - heard y'all are getting some rough weather up there. Sure hope it's not affecting you . . . .

Well, I'm going to call it an early night. Take care - have a great evening!
Unread 04-15-2007, 08:06 PM

Hey Suzie - oh the weather outside is FRIGHTFUL......we've had non stop rain since early this morning.....and now the winds are picking up. Never a dull day in Jersey!

Glad to hear your backache has cleared up. It's enough that we've gone through being poked and proded.....we don't need any additional aches & pains!

Hope everyone sleeps well! Going to !!! Sweet dreams!
Unread 04-15-2007, 08:21 PM

Hello-

Jazzy...I too started having a sharp pain on my right side and the skin is very tender and sore to the touch near the incision site. I had a cyst on my left ovary so I am not sure what is causing the pain on the right side. This is the first time the area has been painful since the surgery. I just know if I stand for too long, its hurts more and my back gets sore. In fact, I am in bed now an plan to stay here for a good 12 hours. Let me know what your dr. says...hopefully its nothing serious.

I took it easy today and laid out in the son while hubby made me lunch and worked in the garden..I'm sunburned! But it felt good to get some "first of the season" sunbeams.

So far, the "whazoo" cream has been working really well. I still have some drainage but its a little less "funky."

Miette: Thanks, the cramping eased up after I got a good nites sleep. However, we will see what happens tomorrow I am glad that you are feeling better.

Sweet dreams Ladies.
Unread 04-15-2007, 08:46 PM

Hey ladies...I haven't posted here in awhile, but i have been checking in daily.

Jazzy..sorry to hear you are having such crappy weather. Today was the first day in many that the sun was actually out and the wind was not blowing. I took advantage of it and got ridiculously sunburned. Yes, I know its bad but it felt good to get some color. I too have pale skin and have been a user of tanning creams. I gave those up...too much work trying to apply. Next to nail salons, there are just as many tanning salons here in Fort Worth. And, most of them have the Mystic Tan, aka The Spray on Tan. It works well, but it only lasts a few days. Its one of those things that I do if I have to go to a special event and don't want to look like a ghost.
Unread 04-16-2007, 02:55 AM

Insomnia . . . . . . . again . . . . . . . I need sleep!! aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!
Unread 04-16-2007, 05:47 AM
4 Weeks

four weeks post op today...

Congrats to all my four week sisters. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. I'm feeling pretty good, all things considered. I'm tired,but I see that it comes in waves... a burst of energy and then fatigue.

Jazzy and Rabbit: I am sorry about the side pains. I hope you both feel better really soon.

I'm getting a little concerned about not receiving a letter with my 6 wk post-op checkup date. I can't imagine that nobody wants to see me and make sure I healed up ok. I might have to call my doc about this. Sometimes it takes awhile in the mail, but it's been almost a month now.
I hope everyone slept well and that Lenaise, you're having a good day. Take care everyone,

-Miette
Unread 04-16-2007, 06:35 AM

Rabbit - I used to go to tanning beds, especially before a vacation or like you mentioned - before a special event. I'm very light skinned and even an entire summer in the sun rarely results in much color. Now that I'm getting older, I'd prefer to protect it since the wrinkles are showing up more and more. I also stopped using the self tanning stuff since it was more problem then it was worth. If you don't get it on evenly, it looks bad......

Suzie - sorry about the lousy sleep. I have very intermittent sleep. I sleep for a hour or two and then I'm awake for a while, then I go back to sleep, then I'm awake. That is very frustrating!

The weather here is still pretty crappy. It's supposed to come to an end sometime this afternoon. We've had A LOT of rain. DS has a delayed opening for school. He's thrilled since it's a 2 pm day today anyway (normally it's till 3).

Hope everyone is doing well. Chat later.

s Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register