Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 116 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hi clinpic, I didn't have a swelly belly until a week ago. Then I finally figured out why everyone loves the Swelly Belly Band and ordered one. My DD actually asked me today why I looked as poochy as I did before the surgery, because "didn't they remove that thing?" No idea why The Belly showed up 3 weeks post-op...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 07:53 PM

Superwife: Welome home and back on the road to recovery. I know how disappointing it is when you have to "start over," but don't let the frustration make you overdo! Rest and pamper yourself princess!

Rabbit: I totally understand not accepting and/or embracing mental illness. From the time I was 18 until I was 34-years-old I struggled with the same thing. I would take meds until I felt better, then I figured I didn't need them anymore, so I would stop taking them and stop seeing my shrinks. I look back at the self destructive, reckless, dangerous activities that I engaged in and I just cringe. It's all part of the illness. Most of the time I have be told that I'm in a manic or depressive episode because I can't tell. My parents were not enablers, they just thought that I was making everything up for the attention. Believe me...attention was the LAST thing that I wanted. The illness cost me my first husband of thirteen years, but my 2nd husbands suicide is when I FINALLY realized what would happen to me if I did not accept and embrace my illness and take care of myself. That's fifteen-years from diagnosis to acceptance, and it took something pretty drastic to kick me into it. I hope you've "gassed yourself out." It's so uncomfortable. I'm impressed that you get a sundae for being crabby! (I know that picture is a float, but they used to have a sundae...They change them from time to time.)

Bionic: No poop pushing! I know it's frustrating, but I just drink a bunch of water (regular or hot water with lemon,) walk around, or just sit there very relaxed and read my Reader's Digest until it's good and ready. Too dangerous to push.

Becky: Thanks...I also shared in the hope that anybody else that had a problem would feel more comfortable talking about it. Talking about it, being open about it, has kept me alive.

AmyMann: I kept my cervix, but didn't keep my ovaries so no mini-periods for me.

Angie - Oh yeah, love the odor (especially when DH points it out!)

Cindy: I'm so sorry for your pain! I can't imagine taking care of three little ones right now. You must have the patience of Job. But I certainly understand the "leave me alone" need!

Paula: The nausea is new for me, and I thought it was just me and my stress. I started on day 17 post op and I couldn't understand why I was getting nauseated.

Happy healing sisters.

J9
Unread 04-16-2007, 08:10 PM

superwife: everyone here is happy to know that you are okay...now is the time for you to rest and look after yourself...don't worry about getting on your computer; you can always catch up after you're feeling better.

sorry a lot of you have been suffering from one problem or another...it's wonderful to be able to share and help one another out.

as for my update...i (for once) overdid it yesterday. my 2 out-of-town friends visited me from 2-4 p.m. before they came, i did some light cleaning; then after they left i was on my feet for an hour or so preparing dinner, getting things organized as my husband was at the office. the visit was wonderful, my friends helped put out the snack i prepared and made the tea...i thoroughly enjoyed it. as i was preparing dinner, my abd area started to feel heavy and the skin felt as though it was burning (beside my incision). i did another no-no...i ate some of the crispy skin from the roast chicken...at the best of times, it leaves me nauseous but it tastes so good! so i ate dinner quickly at the table (my dad also came for dinner), then went to lay down flat in bed. my dad came and sat on the bed with me after dinner; that was nice! my daughter put some lotion on the skin beside my incision and that was soothing for awhile. had a fairly good night's sleep.

this morning when i woke up, i felt wiped out and a bit nauseous but my abdomen felt better. i sat up in bed while everyone got ready for work and kept dozing off...didn't feel like eating. got up around noon to listen to the tragic news from virginia...we were at virginia tech last fall or winter to see my son-in-law's brother graduate...beautiful campus. what a tragedy!

this afternoon my husband came with me to the chemo class at the hospital. i'm so glad i went...received lots of valuable info. however, about 15 min. into the class, my stomach started feeling weird...painful and gas pains. 2 days ago i slightly increased the amount of senokot i had been taking and this afternoon, it decides to take effect! after the class i went straight to the washroom (luckily this was in an isolated area in the bldg. and not very many people around). i sat on the toilet for 5 min. or so, and nothing. stood up and, oh oh...rumbling in my stomach so back down again! had one large b.m., then another! felt better. unfortunately we were stuck in rush hour traffic and i still had to go. got home, had another b.m. and it was rather loose. no more since then.

so...lesson learned...no more overdoing it. feeling a lot better tonight. wish i could address you all by name but know that i am reading each and every one of your posts and hoping for the day that you are all feeling better than ever...and that day will come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 09:49 PM

Hey Ladies,
WOW, I sure missed alot today! I had a bad couple days so mostly resting, doing better though.

Superwife: so glad U R OK, I was praying for you. rest, rest, rest

I am so glad we are all here for each other, it seems to make it better.

It's late so I'll catch up tomorrow, I'm actually thinking I might get some sleep tonight!

s
Your Hyster Sister,
KimberJ
Unread 04-17-2007, 03:42 AM

Hello ladies - it's Lenaise 4 weeks post op today - sorry I haven't posted lately but I am a technophobe and got lost on another message board somewhere where they don't even know me ! i think the surgeon may have turned the operating table round the other way during my op and removed part of my brain - it's turned to mashed potato ! couldn't even remember the name of my dh the other day.

I saw relatives yesterday and they also wondered why my stomach is so big - immediate post op with a support panty I looked almost flat ! now i look like I was pre-op again ! What do you all think is happening ? - surely bruising etc should diminish not increase - I've tried fibre drinks in case its the bowels but they are in fine working order now (and I'm glad to report my bladder has stopped stabbing me at last to let me know it's full - it just works properly) does anyone know how long it takes for the bloating to go ? I'll never be able to get into my work clothes at this rate !

(I feel a bit of a moaner talking about this with the news we heard this morning from the U.S. - we have our problems in London too - hugs to all affected )
Unread 04-17-2007, 06:31 AM

I'll be 4 weeks post op tomorrow. I have also developed a swelly belly the last few days. It was swollen at first - then it seemed to decrease - and now is swollen again.

Last night I had the weirdest pain. It woke me up at about 1:00 am. It was a throbbing pain and the the only way to describe the location was "internally". I swear I could almost feel my heartbeat in the area - almost like a toothache. I broke out in an awful sweat and felt nauseous. I walked around the bedroom and after a couple minutes I took a Percocet and then about 30 seconds later - it left as quickly as it came. I don't know what it was - but I'm hoping that it NEVER returns.

I'm sick of this rain in CT and am actually going to get out of the house today - rain or no.
Unread 04-17-2007, 06:49 AM

Good Morning sisters.......My belly is bloated too. I keep thinking it's just fat. If I try and hold it in, forget it! I still have a bruise like pain in my lower right side and will take the Motrin as directed. Just hoping it's nothing more. Could be a fluid sac that may need to be drained should the pain continue. They said Thursday if it's still sore, to come in.

Like all of you, I thought as the days went on it would get easier. Guess our bodies have a sense of humor and the 6-8 week recovery time is truly needed. Would like to return at the 6 week mark but at this rate I'm not sure that will happen.

BM's for me are fine too, but when I have to go, it gets very painful. No pushing ladies! Just let it all happen naturally!

Hope everyone has a great day! s Paula
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:30 AM

I hate the Swelly Belly. How long is this going to last?? My doctor said last Thusrday 'give it 8 weeks'. GGRRR!! The Swelly Belly band sure is providing relief at night. It's not too late to get one, ladies.

Feeling pretty good this am but know better than to push it. This is about 4 days of feeling okay. I may even venture out on my own today.

Becky- The Paxil seems to be helping with the hot flashes as those have diminished but the sleeping is still an issue. I hope the post about weight gain doesn't happen to me. Did it you? I am a WW member with about 20 more pounds I'd like to lose. Started tracking points again yesterday.

Slept okay last night but waking about every hour. I go right back to sleep but this is not good! I called my family doctor yesterday about sleeping pills but he has not yet called me back.
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:47 AM

Good morning everyone... again I have to agree with you all...the last couple of days my belly is so swollen....i woke up today with a preggy looking belly I read on the post-op boards even before my surgery that the swelly belly can last for months....especially after along hards day....I believe that it is fluid build up....I don't believe that it's fat...it's hard, and like jazzy mentioned, it can not be sucked in no matter how hard I try (hehe I love this little guy) I know a lot of woman with hysterectomies, my mom, SIL, cousin, aunts, friends, and they all have struggled with this issue, they didnt feel 100% for maybe 1 yr after...some a bit sooner...but for the most part, the worst is over by the 3 month mark....now remember...this is just what I have watched and learned over the years

Lastnight I experienced a lot of different aches and pains...and as well it was mostly internal, motrin helped a lot with that...my insision is still bothersome, and I am sending dh to get the Vit E oil...I need that desperatley!

Paula...hows your incision today? I am really hoping that everything straightens itself out in that area...thinking of you

Lenaise...same here with the brain thing....I was washing a load, and I put the tide in the softner cup and the softner in the washer barrel...and that's just one silly thing, that I've done lately I have a feeling we can blame the anestesia for this stuff...another subject in itself!

Enjoy your day everyone!

group hug for my sweet hyster sisters

Angie
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:00 AM

Good afternoon girls!

First of all, I want to say to everyone in the states how sorry I am to hear of the tragedy in Virginia. I just found out about it early this morning and I'm so saddened. It's terrifying and so gruesome. My heart goes out to everyone there.

I'm doing so-so today. When I logged on I couldn't believe the posts about everyone feeling bloated and sore and having pain because I'm going through that exact same thing today! I thought maybe I had overdone it or something. I'm very sore all across my lower tummy (navel and under) and it hurts to move and cough and everything. I'm not experiencing any bleeding but I check when I go to the bathroom just to be sure. Maybe this is a four week hiccup? Whatever it is.. it stinks!

Superwife: thank grapes you are alright. I was so relieved to hear that they took good care of you. Rest rest rest! Welcome home

hope everyone has a good day today!
Hugs,

-Miette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register