Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 117 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Yay! No hot flashes last night.

I have a question and it's kind of yucky. In the process of all the hot flashes, loose stools and nausea this past weekend, my BMs have lost their color. I'm not kidding, they are absolutely "pale in the potty" like all the color has been leeched away. I'm sorry for being gross, but now I'm thinking, geesh, one more thing to worry about? Blonde poop? Back to the hot flashes: if they stay away I will hopefully avoid any treatment for them, but we'll see what happens the next few days.

Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a poochy belly. I've always had a flat tummy (except during pregnancies, then I looked like a toad), but now I look a bit paunchy. Blechh!! I get the bread dough squish over the top of the jeans so then I am literally tucking my belly into my waistband.

Well, I guess thats about it for the update right now. I'm sure I'll have much much more to comment on later as I always do .

Love ya and have a great day.
Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 08:26 AM

Becky! Thanks for the needed laugh today. Blonde poop! Too funny! Haven't experienced that - possibly something you ate?

My BM's have been their normal shade of brown............ hope the color in your returns!

s Paula
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:50 AM

Morning Girls,

Feeling pretty good this morning despite the weather. Less pain in incision area but will use Vitamin E oil today on incision (was very itchy yesterday). No great plans for today, maybe a walk and cleaning kitchen.

Hi bas4cas,
It must be difficult to rest with 3 pre-schoolers. Can't imagine what that is like. That's great that you got out for a walk yesterday.

Hi Paula,
Hopefully taking Motrin will get rid of your pain. I also had kind of a throbbing in my abdomen yesterday (perhaps part of the healing) I have no idea.

Hi Groovydiva,
Hard to say about the driving, my DR said not before 4 weeks but I guess everyone is different. You're right that it is good to share with others going through the same. We get an understanding of what is and is not normal and then contact DR if needed.

Hi Rabbit,
PMS hit me last week, I think. Other than my upset with DD, it wasn't too bad. I think that stress plays a big part in my PMS but since I'm still off work I only have myself to deal with most of the time. I love it!

Hi Clinpic (Becky):
I've had swelly belly from day 1 and am using the swelly belly band whenever I get a chance. But now I'm wondering if it is really swollen or just by flabby abdomen kind of hanging over the incision area. It seems that flesh and muscle have been sewn tight and everything above that just hangs over. Guess I'll have to do some ab exercises eventually.

Hi nogreatmischief:
I guess the hardest thing is accepting that small things added up can tire us out, things that we wouldn't have given any thought to prior to surgery. It was only last year that I found out that I had multiple fibroids and an iron deficiency. I am so used to coping and handling anything that is thrown my way (work, university, my father's death) that I didn't realize how tired I was. A friend of mine who had a TAH 13 years ago said that I had just got used to this feeling but that things will improve after my TAH. Still taken iron pills until DR says it's okay to stop.
Regarding BM's, nothing worse than being out somewhere and needing to go but gotta make sure intestines are in working order. That's why I'm not taking any pain meds. Too much BM interference.

Hi Lenaise,
Not sure how long the bloating is supposed to last. Feeling like I need to increase my daily activity so will go out for a walk later (even though weather is so bad, snowing again)

Hi Jane,
Great that you're counting points again. Not sure about post-op weight gain, I lost a couple of lbs after surgery (don't know why), trying to watch what I eat but still not as active as I would like. Going to WW tonight for weigh-in after a month. (Life-time member since March)

Talk to you on other thread.

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 10:08 AM

Hi Jane,
Good for you getting on that treadmill. I managed a 20 minute walk last night although it was extremely windy and more snow again today. Was the WW recipe good?
I have the Ultimate Flex & Core Cookbook but have only tried a couple of recipes so far.
Mentioned on recovery thread that I will weigh-in at WW tonight (as life-time member need to do this once a month). My scale shows I'm still under my goal weight so I'm pretty confident about going.

What another terrible tragedy at Virginia Tech. Who can make sense of this? My prayers are with all the victims and their families. We have had 5 such incidents in Montreal since 1989 with the latest Sept 12 last year at one of our local colleges. The shooter killed 1 person and himself and injured 20 others. My cousin's daughter and a co-worker's daughter were both in class at the time of the shootings.

Wishing you all a safe and healthy day.

Mary
Unread 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM

Hey ladies,

I wrote the Oprah show today. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Wouldn't that be fun??
Unread 04-17-2007, 10:53 AM

teacherjpm

I love Oprah and always have she's just seems so down to earth and really caring about people.
Unread 04-17-2007, 10:57 AM

OK is there a camera in our bodies communicating with one another. I can't believe everyone at almost the same time is having pains and swelly belly issues!!! My swelly belly is sooo much better than surgery week BUT the last 2 days it has felt heavier. Now I am a lot luckier than most because I can actually "suck" it in but it does feel more swollen. The big thing I found out is that emotional stress can be just as detrimental to recovery as physical stress. I had words with my sister yesterday and by the time I was off the phone I was cramping way worse than any period I have ever had. I was so afraid that I had "broken" something and was going to start bleeding. Thankfully I hadn't. But lesson learned-no more feuding till I'm better.
Hey and my tooth is better. I think my bite plate (TMJ) has cracked and was irritating the tooth. I didn't wear it last night and my tooth feels better. Guess it's time to get a new one.
My prayers are for all the families with students in VA. What a horrible senseless tragedy. ((HUGS)) to all my hystersisters-have a good afternoon.
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic
I forgot to mention in my other post: I've not had any swellybelly, but now, four weeks into it, I look bloated. I've not been particularly gassy, but again, just fighting diarreah and nausea. And when I push on my belly it hurts. Has anyone else's stomachs just started into bloating out?
Hi clinpic

I have noticed the past few days I'm definately more bloated... I have a 'Large Waist' due to me being Steroid Dependant... I mean 39" Waist - I fit into my Dad's Trousers But it's certainly Larger now.
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Re; The swelly belly and bloated feeling: I am wondering if it's been there since surgery and now that we are feeling better we are more aware of it. You know, like you drive by the same corner day after day and one day you go 'wow when did they build that house??' It is troublesome though, isn't it? Just a thought.
Unread 04-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherjpm
Re; The swelly belly and bloated feeling: I am wondering if it's been there since surgery and now that we are feeling better we are more aware of it. You know, like you drive by the same corner day after day and one day you go 'wow when did they build that house??' It is troublesome though, isn't it? Just a thought.
Oh for sure...my swelly belly has been there from day 1...but it seemed to go down after 2 weeks or so...and now it's there saying "hello" when I wake up in the morning

Today I am feeling weak, and tired...I called DH home to take ds out for awhile, so I can rest!

My sympathies to all involved in this horrific situation in Virginia....my heart and prayers are with you all

Angie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register