Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 118 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Ladies, today I feel like a wet rag! I just now took a shower because up until then, I've been laying around like an old tire. Geesh, not a speck of energy! Seems we've all hit a wall.......possibly a larger dose of anesthesia being emitted from our livers? Whatever it is, I hope it's better tomorrow.

Watching the Convocation of Virginia Tech now. Still can't believe so many lives were taken in such a horrible manner. My prayers are with those who have lost and for the VT family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 01:10 PM

I too am watching the Convocation. I am having a hard time comprehending this whole thing. My thoughts and prayers are there as well.

What is it with this four week wall we seem to have hit? Here I thought I had rounded the corner, but I seem to have turned around and high tailed it back around the corner! I HATE the swelly belly, I'm tired and grouchy again and my stomach sounds like trucks running around in there. I have not heard this much noise since surgery. Maybe this is a sign that things are getting back to normal.

On the upside, it is a beautiful day here in NW Ohio. The sun is shining and it is about 60 degrees. Maybe Spring is here after all.
Unread 04-17-2007, 01:13 PM

My heart goes out to everyone in the VT family. I hope everyone on here is okay.

I actually got out yesterday and did some work at a coffeeshop on the lake. It was nice to feel like a member of society and enjoy the beautiful weather. It was also the first day that I took my daughter to school, and picked her up. My husband is back in Ohio dealing with the moving company. Every woman in the world should have the experience of telling a male, long distance, what to pack and where it is. "No...look in the left drawer. No, the big left drawer. It will be the piece of paper with the red mark on it. No, that's not it. Okay well then look in the right drawer...." arggh.

I can definitely sympathize with the swelly belly brigade. I really don't have that many things to wear, but I hesitate to go out and spring for some new things because I am HOPING this is only a temporary problem. But I'm seriously considering a run to the maternity store.

I can definitely feel the effects of being out and about yesterday. Last night I felt like I had a bowling ball hanging on my abdomen and today I'm having random "pulls" and "tugs" here and there. But, gosh...I still find it hard to believe it will be 4 weeks tomorrow! Look how far we've come, ladies!

I couldn't do any of this without the HysterSisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 01:56 PM

Really excited today. I have had no symptoms of even having surgery since Sunday. Not tired a bit. I am getting ready to go to my first step class since surgery. Very, very excited. I have to make sure I don't get overly excited and overexert myself. I am so ready!!

Just when I think my son is safe because he is out of high school and in college.....what a horrible tragedy at VT.

Hope everybody continues to progress. Have a wonderful day.

Kim
Unread 04-17-2007, 01:58 PM

Teacherjpm~ that's so cool, what if she actually decided to do it? how cool would that be?
Unread 04-17-2007, 02:19 PM

Since I complained yesterday about how poor I felt I thought I would give you an update.

Feeling much better today. I actually slept VERY good last night, of course, I took my meds and night time vitamins and had a healthy dose of protein.

I thought after how bad I felt last night that today I would be dragging but it's amazing how a good nights rest helps. Even went twice as far on my walk today.

But now I am pooped!

Been watching alot about VT today too! My heart goes out to all involved. It reminds me of 9/11. I was home just after delivering DD and remember sitting in front of the TV just trying to grast the whole thing. Kind of like today.

Oops...probably should have put that part on the other thread. Sorry!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one suffering the Swelly Belly syndrome...not that I would wish it on anyone else!!! But it is a little discouraging to only fit into my sweats even after losing 5 lbs.
Unread 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM

Wow, how cool would that be. I live 2 hrs. from Chicago and have never been to one of her shows.

My husband's cousin owned a swedish bakery in Harbert MI (close to Chicago). His cousin's told us that Oprah's assistant used to come in and get baked goods for the show.

Wow, I can't even go a few hours without checking these two threads. Thanks for all the encouragement everyone gives!

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherjpm
Hey ladies,

I wrote the Oprah show today. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Wouldn't that be fun??
Unread 04-17-2007, 03:25 PM

Hey all! Just wanted to check in with everyone and see how it's going for you! I am just holding down a couch - haha! I have not had any more bleeding, and I think I'm definately on the mend now. I have been having horrible cramping. I assume that's from the work they did in there over the weekend. I also noticed a piece of what looked like old meat on my toilet paper this morning when I wiped - hmmmm. Not sure what that would be. YUCKY. And the weirdest thing is I keep having all the movement inside my abdominal area that feels just like a baby kicking!! NOW THAT'S A WEIRD FEELING! What in the world would that be?? Any of you have that??? Anyway, you girls have a great evening! Talk again soon!
Unread 04-17-2007, 03:30 PM

Superwife~ I had the Phantom kicking feeling too yesterday! I think it is the muscles spasming inside. I had it after my kids when my body was healing, so I assume it is the same thing. It was creepy feeling!

I am glad to hear you seem to be on the mend.
Unread 04-17-2007, 03:32 PM

Hi Superwife

I was just saying yesterday I noticed Pink Skin-like stuff on my loo paper after I'd had a wee... I'm pretty certain it came from my Vagina.

I'm thinking it's inner skin that's come away and had good response from someone here - sorry my memories sooooooo baddddd !

Glad you're feeling better

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register