Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 119 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hello sisters!

Lenaise: My bloating gets much worse when I overdo, even if I'm just on my feet too long. It's also worse at the end of the day. Ice helps, love the Swelly Belly Band. DH moved my laptop from my desk to the table next to the recliner, since sitting with my feet down causes me to swell. My surgery on the last date of this thread (March 26,) so I'm just into my fourth week and maybe a bit "behind."

I also feel the "tugs" and "pulls."

Angie: LOVE the swelly belly smilie. BTW, you're not carrying that laundry are you?

Becky: Blonde poop - interesting. Have you made huge changes in your diet? Are you drinking a large amount of water? Never heard of that.

Has anyone else been doing the Kegel exercises to strenghten their pelvic floor? The first few time felt funny, but I've been increasing the number and it seems to be helping with my bladder spasms (don't know why,) and random pains.

J9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Yep *nods* I have the same thing....and it just started the last couple of days...I also had the same feeling after the birth of ds#1....it lasted for years...seriously felt like baby kicks...this is def a sign of healing....actually by the sounds of it....seems like we are all pretty much on track, as we are experiencing the same things...isn't this site just the greatest

Superwife....nice to hear an update for you...and so glad that you are not bleeding anymore, and are starting to feel human again
Unread 04-17-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9mattfield
Hello sisters!

Lenaise: My bloating gets much worse when I overdo, even if I'm just on my feet too long. It's also worse at the end of the day. Ice helps, love the Swelly Belly Band. DH moved my laptop from my desk to the table next to the recliner, since sitting with my feet down causes me to swell. My surgery on the last date of this thread (March 26,) so I'm just into my fourth week and maybe a bit "behind."

I also feel the "tugs" and "pulls."

Angie: LOVE the swelly belly smilie. BTW, you're not carrying that laundry are you?

Becky: Blonde poop - interesting. Have you made huge changes in your diet? Are you drinking a large amount of water? Never heard of that.

Has anyone else been doing the Kegel exercises to strenghten their pelvic floor? The first few time felt funny, but I've been increasing the number and it seems to be helping with my bladder spasms (don't know why,) and random pains.

J9
Hi J9....Ummmm, no I havnt been carrying the laundry, but am guilty of picking my 3 yr old ds up....he's approx 35 pounds after being scolded a few times by dh and my mom....I think twice now about doing it!

Oh thankyou sooo much for the Kegel reminder....so very important...especially with my incontinence I will start them asap!

Glad you are enjoying your swelly band...whatever it takes to relieve the pain is all good to me *winks*!

((hugs))

Angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 04:03 PM

Hi Ladies...

I too am dealing with anger and sorrow for the VT tragedy. I lived in VA for 4 years, and worked with many VT grads. I also worked with the Medical Examiner's office, VSP, and other local law encforement agencies. I have to say, that VA has some of the best public servants in the country and I have no doubt that this vicious crime will be well handled.

Well, my PMS calmed down today. I threw myself into work ( yes I started back), and made sure to eat a high-protein diet. I will try to resist the Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and hot fudge that are sitting in my fridge for dessert It felt good to be back at work, and I was able to accomplish a lot. I work at home, so it was a short commute. The hard part of returning to work has been the mental aspect....my mind is not quite there so i am slowly reaquainting myself with my files. I agree with Jpgurl, that stress is not conducive to healing. I got frustrated today because the IT group for my agency issued me a new computer. They went and changed my password, then passed it on to my co-worker who offered to help reconfigure my computer without my consent. Not that I have anything to hide, I just don't likpeople poking around my e-mail and stuff. So, I am very tired and drained. I also have cramps and shooting pains in the cervix/cuff area. Even though I work at a desk, I still found myself reaching for files, pciking up small boxes, etc. I think that this and emotional frustration may be whats causing the "strain" pains down below. I am back on the couch now, and plan to take it easy for the rest of the evening.

I am sorry to hear about all the swelly-bellies. I do think that there is a certain stage of healing that we are experiencing at week 4. I continue to have discharge, and probably will for awhile. BTW, I highly suggest using the antibiotic va-jay-jay cream for those that are still experiencing this. However, be prepared for the side effects...nausea, gas, and fatigue. I only have one more dose to go...whahooo! Well, I hope the bellies deflate and you all have a restful evening.

R-

PS: Becky...sorry to hear about the albino terds. I am really curious as to why that might happen...have you been able to find out any info since this afternoon as to what causes that?
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:05 PM
swelly belly band

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic
Hi J9....Ummmm, no I havnt been carrying the laundry, but am guilty of picking my 3 yr old ds up....he's approx 35 pounds after being scolded a few times by dh and my mom....I think twice now about doing it!

Oh thankyou sooo much for the Kegel reminder....so very important...especially with my incontinence I will start them asap!

Glad you are enjoying your swelly band...whatever it takes to relieve the pain is all good to me *winks*!

((hugs))

Angie
hi angelic...i was wondering what exactly does the swelly belly band do for you? i probably should have bought one myself much earlier. i feel that i want to hold my belly when i walk or stand...is that what the band does? i think that lack of support is what causes a lot of my discomfort...the belly hanging down, putting pressure on the skin, etc. i feel better sitting with my feet up! (i wonder if i could get something similar at the drugstore?)

i see you've been lifting your 35-lb. bundle of joy...do think twice about doing that!! i enjoy reading your posts and those of the other hystersisters out there.
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogreatmischief
hi angelic...i was wondering what exactly does the swelly belly band do for you? i probably should have bought one myself much earlier. i feel that i want to hold my belly when i walk or stand...is that what the band does? i think that lack of support is what causes a lot of my discomfort...the belly hanging down, putting pressure on the skin, etc. i feel better sitting with my feet up! (i wonder if i could get something similar at the drugstore?)

i see you've been lifting your 35-lb. bundle of joy...do think twice about doing that!! i enjoy reading your posts and those of the other hystersisters out there.
Hi nogreat..... sorry...I guess I made it sound as if I have a band too...unfortunately I do not...as far as I understand, it has a cooling affect, and prob also holds things in place...sounds wonderful to me...hmmmm I wonder too, if there is something out there at the drugstore, hopefully one of the ladies who owns a band can elaborate more...BTW...I put my feet up every chance I get

Thanks for your concern of my lifting ds...I have been a bad girl

I enjoy reading your wealth of knowledge and information etc too...you are a wonderful person
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit757
PS: Becky...sorry to hear about the albino terds. I am really curious as to why that might happen...have you been able to find out any info since this afternoon as to what causes that?
After googling "pale stool" (you gotta love google), I'm wondering if it may be related to something with my gallbladder. I've had a catch under my right shoulder blade for a few days, plus the nausea and abdominal pain (higher than the naval) all weekend could be gall bladder attack indicators. I'm self-diagnosing again (bad habit), and if my stool doesn't change back to normal color by morning, I'll call my doctor. I don't know if gall bladder issues are hereditary, but its another one of those things I have family history of.

But hey, thanks for asking about my poop! You all are the greatest.
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:43 PM

Angelic and Nogreat- I have the Band and it has really helped at night. I keep it in the freezer and put it on when I go to bed. Definitely have more swelling in evenings after I 'do' all day.

Wow, you hit it on the head when you explained those feelings in belly like baby kicks. It's been 23 years since I felt those so I didn't really remember till you said that. Kind of like those first butterfly kicks you felt early on.

Noticing that "smell "too. Any remedies for that?

Remember I have said I have had no discharge. And was wondering when I would. Was waiting for the internal insisions to dissolve and come out. Now (duh) I realize just how would they get out???? Just the ones on the cuff. Brain fog is clearing I guess.
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:46 PM

Becky,

I told Oprah we talk about poop as if we'd known each other forever. That in the beginning BM's were the highlight of our day! I sure hope we get on the show so we can share. Hope all comes out okay tomorrow.
Jane
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:53 PM

Becky, isn't it amazing what we can google?!!!

After I had my gall bladder removed about 16 months ago the pale stool was one of the things I was to be on the look out for. It was also one of the things they asked when they were trying to diagnos my gall bladder problems. I'm not saying it's your gall bladder but I do agree you should call in the morning. That's just my two cents...

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic
After googling "pale stool" (you gotta love google), I'm wondering if it may be related to something with my gallbladder. I've had a catch under my right shoulder blade for a few days, plus the nausea and abdominal pain (higher than the naval) all weekend could be gall bladder attack indicators. I'm self-diagnosing again (bad habit), and if my stool doesn't change back to normal color by morning, I'll call my doctor. I don't know if gall bladder issues are hereditary, but its another one of those things I have family history of.

But hey, thanks for asking about my poop! You all are the greatest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register