Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 120 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

hi angelic...thanks...you are so sweet. silly me...i'm sure i saw it before, but there is a drawing of a "hystersister" wearing the swelly belly band on every page of website! i clicked on it and got all sorts of valuable information. wish i had ordered it before; however, i've read other postings where women have received something similar while in the hospital after their hysterectomy. i'm going to check that out!

hey...if we get a chance to go to chicago for the oprah show, (did you see the other postings about that?), we could meet at pearson (unless windsor has an international airport)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogreatmischief
hi angelic...thanks...you are so sweet. silly me...i'm sure i saw it before, but there is a drawing of a "hystersister" wearing the swelly belly band on every page of website! i clicked on it and got all sorts of valuable information. wish i had ordered it before; however, i've read other postings where women have received something similar while in the hospital after their hysterectomy. i'm going to check that out!

hey...if we get a chance to go to chicago for the oprah show, (did you see the other postings about that?), we could meet at pearson (unless windsor has an international airport)!
Hope you can get a belly band...they do sound great!

Yes I have read the posts about that....we don't have an international airport, but we drive 45 mins to Detroit Metro Airport!

BTW, I was having a looky at the photobucket site, and saw your pic with your son...really nice pic ...it is so nice to put the face with the name and personality....I need to upload some pics soon!

Take care

Angie
Unread 04-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Jane...he he he, you are too funny....you are correct about the stitches in the cuff....thats exactly what I was thinking too...bet your glad to have that belly band to relieve the discomfort when needed!

Oh the odour...the lovey odour I havn't really found a remedy...just keep it all as clean as possible...hope it goes away soon...I have some incontinence too, which doesn't help any...my urine is so strong and smelly these days...sorry if this is TMI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas4cas
Becky, isn't it amazing what we can google?!!!

After I had my gall bladder removed about 16 months ago the pale stool was one of the things I was to be on the look out for. It was also one of the things they asked when they were trying to diagnos my gall bladder problems. I'm not saying it's your gall bladder but I do agree you should call in the morning. That's just my two cents...

Cindy
Cindy, did you have the catch under your shoulder blade as well? I didn't know about that until today (being a symptom). I don't know if the two (hysterectomy and gallbladder) could be related or cause issues with the recovery.
Unread 04-17-2007, 05:19 PM

Becky,

When I had my gall bladder removed almost 20-years-ago, they did tell me that it can run in families. I have a history in my mothers family.

Janine
Unread 04-17-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherjpm
Becky,

I told Oprah we talk about poop as if we'd known each other forever. That in the beginning BM's were the highlight of our day! I sure hope we get on the show so we can share. Hope all comes out okay tomorrow.
Jane
You really wrote to Oprah?? How cool is that. I suppose if I would catch up on the million posts on above and beyond I'd find that out
Unread 04-17-2007, 05:38 PM

Hi Becky,

I hurt my shoulder back 12yrs ago when I was coaching volleyball and was getting cortizone shots for that and my other abdominal symptoms were not typical gall bladder symptoms. So any shoulder pain I had we attributed to the shoulder injury and the other pains were attributed to the endometriosis. It actually took 10 years for them to find out the pain in my shoulder blade and the other symptoms where from gall stones. Sorry it's kind of a long story. And 5 surgerys later I am without my gall bladder, my uterous and one ovary. So I am hoping all of those abdominal pains will be gone in the next year.

Do you have any of the other gall bladder symptoms? Wow how frustrating to have regular post op pains but now other pains too?!!!!! Wow!

But if I were you I wouldn't let it go. After suffering for 10 yrs. I can say with confidence, "never let it go". Get it checked out until you're content with the answers you've been given. It could just be post op pains but??? You'll never know until you call!

Oh boy...preach it sister!
I will get off my soap box now.

I too have heard it runs in families. My grandmother had her gall bladder removed.

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic
Cindy, did you have the catch under your shoulder blade as well? I didn't know about that until today (being a symptom). I don't know if the two (hysterectomy and gallbladder) could be related or cause issues with the recovery.
Unread 04-17-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas4cas
Hi Becky,

I hurt my shoulder back 12yrs ago when I was coaching volleyball and was getting cortizone shots for that and my other abdominal symptoms were not typical gall bladder symptoms. So any shoulder pain I had we attributed to the shoulder injury and the other pains were attributed to the endometriosis. It actually took 10 years for them to find out the pain in my shoulder blade and the other symptoms where from gall stones. Sorry it's kind of a long story. And 5 surgerys later I am without my gall bladder, my uterous and one ovary. So I am hoping all of those abdominal pains will be gone in the next year.

Do you have any of the other gall bladder symptoms? Wow how frustrating to have regular post op pains but now other pains too?!!!!! Wow!

But if I were you I wouldn't let it go. After suffering for 10 yrs. I can say with confidence, "never let it go". Get it checked out until you're content with the answers you've been given. It could just be post op pains but??? You'll never know until you call!

Oh boy...preach it sister!
I will get off my soap box now.

I too have heard it runs in families. My grandmother had her gall bladder removed.

Cindy
Thanks for the info, Cindy.. Yeah, I think I have other things I can probably attribute to gallbladder attacks over the years, but usually tried to 'tough" it out. Like laying on the bathroom floor on my stomach with my knees drawn in figuring I just had really really bad gas.
Plus waking up occasionally in the middle of the night with severe nausea and feeling like I needed to vomit.

My dad had his gallbladder removed about 8 years ago and the doctor said it was the mushiest one he'd ever seen.

So I don't want to complicate the healing on one end and figure this may go away, but I still may call my doc in the morning and chat with her.

Thanks again.
Unread 04-17-2007, 05:49 PM

Your part about the bathroom floor...sounds just like me! Wow it's terrible isn't it. I think I know every little crack and crevis (is that spelled right ) on our tile!

Hope you get things figured out!

I will be thinking of you!

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic
Thanks for the info, Cindy.. Yeah, I think I have other things I can probably attribute to gallbladder attacks over the years, but usually tried to 'tough" it out. Like laying on the bathroom floor on my stomach with my knees drawn in figuring I just had really really bad gas.
Plus waking up occasionally in the middle of the night with severe nausea and feeling like I needed to vomit.

My dad had his gallbladder removed about 8 years ago and the doctor said it was the mushiest one he'd ever seen.

So I don't want to complicate the healing on one end and figure this may go away, but I still may call my doc in the morning and chat with her.

Thanks again.
Unread 04-17-2007, 06:01 PM
belly bands

nogreatmischief - please advise what were the "other" bands that some got from the hospital and/or where you find them please.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register