Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 122 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezia
my DH cant believe I talk to all you guys as much as I do. I have gotten so much support from this. I laughed when I heard the name hystersisters but I am so glad I followed through with this since I am a computer illiterate. I still dont know if I am posting on the right thread. I am so glad to find out that superwife is ok. I havnt seen her on much so hopefully she is following DRS orders. Starting to feel nervous about going to work. I work at a major hospital and have to transport patients in beds . Even though I am feeling really good I dont think I am ready for that. I feel like I am taking advantage of my surgery . What do you guys think?
I think your body will tell you when you are ready and if you are hesitant, then use that as one of its signals. Just be careful. Sounds like a lot of physical work and sometimes its just a little thing that can wipe you back out for a few days.

My dh and all three ds's think I'm loony for posting so much on hystersisters, but it's been a lifeline for me. My dh for being such an incredible, awesome support doesn't quite connect with my mood swings, extra owies, etc. but when I tell him you all are going through the same things at the same time and i'm very normal, it actually helps him, as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 08:15 PM

Sometimes I feel like Im being a real ***** to my husband. But Sometimes I cant figure out If its me or if I am being to sensitive or if he just deserves it. I think I just need to get back to normal everyday life. I sometimes think that I just have too much time on my hands and I am thinking too much. Now I am rambling on too much because my Father in law passed away today and he was just the nicest man in the world and he didnt deserve to suffer like he did. Well, he is in a better place now. Who needs a therapist when you can write to your hysersisters and feel better just by writing a letter. Thanks for listening
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:25 PM
post traumatic shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC231
my biggest and worst experience has been the emotional part. I cry A LOT and have been dealing with depression and anxiety since. The physical part of it has been a walk in the park, if only the emotional side of it were that easy. I never expected the crying and depression would be so bad. Of course, I had cancer mixed in there too which I'm sure didn't help a bit. My therapist says I'm suffering from Post-traumatic shock syndrome because everything hit so hard and so fast and now I'm left feeling very anxious and depressed.
hi tc231...i really sympathize with you as you've been thru physical and emotional upheaval, having to deal with all of this on your own, with limited support from family. i am so glad to hear that you are seeing a therapist about your crying and depression...you will probably find that there is good reason for what you are experiencing and can now do something about it.

you mentioned in another post that you had a ruptured appendix and malignant tumour. i was wondering what your diagnosis was after the surgery and what is your next step...will you have to go for chemo?

you're still fairly early in your recovery and i'm so happy that you are feeling so well physically...just try not to overdo it...be cautious about your activities and listen to your body. take care and keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle4Peace
Kim123 -- I'm in Atlanta too. Surgery March 15 at Piedmont. I'm recovering well. Hope you are too!
Hi Elle4Peace:

Mine was at Piedmont too! Great hospital. I am doing really well...better than I ever thought. I feel so good. I went to my first step class today and so far so good.

Great to hear from you and really glad you are doing so good. Keep it up!

Kim
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:43 PM

nogreatmischief, I have to have bloodwork (cancer markers) and cat scans with contrast every three months for a year (starting this week). Luckily no chemo thank GOD!!! Thanks for asking. It's still stressful though!!!
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:45 PM

Freezia...I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. From what you stated, he sounded like a great man. Also, I snapped at my hubby yesterday for the first time since the surgery, and I felt bad. We are together 24/7most days, and he is an easy target for me to displace my fears, pain and anger. Sometimes you just need to vent...I am
sure your husband understands.

In regards of going back to work. I have been laying down an average of 16 hours a day, with the longest being 12 hours at night. When I wake up, I feel great...like I never had surgery. So, I started back yesterday. For the most part I have a desk job. But, I did do some light lifting today and it really wiped me out and I am sore. My boss keeps telling me to take two more weeks off, but I figure that I need to slowly get back into things before I get too far behind. The reality is, two weeks really won't make that big of difference, but I have a hard time sitting around and not doing anything. I am my own worst enemy. However, I admit that part of me wishes I took two more weeks off, because I am just not healed yet....physically and mentally.

I have no doubt that the other sisters will tell you that it is okay not to go back to work just yet. It sounds like your mind is subconsiously telling you that its too early. You are probabloy not as healed as you think you are.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you tonight.

I can't imagine have to go back to a job that requires physical activity. I think you are absolutley justified to take more time off work and heal....both mentlly and physically. No need for guilt...you need the time off for you.
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:52 PM

Freezia,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I loved my father-in-law and when he died a few years ago it hit me really hard that I didn't have him around any more to play cribbage with, watch my sons "wrastle" or just tease me. Grieve away, dear friend. You are so allowed to do that. I know we are probably posting all this in the wrong spot, but hey, it affects the recovery process. Plus I think the Please don't override the website censor. is part of the recovery process and dh just become close targers sometimes .

Try and rest tonight.
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:55 PM

Thank you rabbit757. Have a good night. Talk to you all soon.
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:57 PM

Thank you clinpic. All this support is making me cry but im sure you all understand. Thanks alot
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:07 PM

Been moody, so haven't posted much
I was poor company to be around

Albino poo? LMAO

hey I ache enough as it is, don't make me get a stitch in my side

I've read a low fat diet can cause pale poo.
I know I have been low fat (lack of appetite mainly) since surgery and mine is not the normal color.

Bonding through BM... I'm for Oprah.
I've family near Chicago, love to see my mom comment about me talking about poo on tv *LMAO*

4 week tomorrow
Congrats to the sisters who made it and HANG IN THERE for the ones nearing it.

Some days I am hungry
Others - food... BLAH
Some I have energy
Others - don't care if the house falls down, I am sitting right here

Rash is about 98% cured - YEAH!!!
I was told to use the ointment until it is all gone, so another week of it.
Incision appears to be forming an internal scab.
Aches on and off
the muscle next to it if I stand, sit, lay down wrong, or drive too much aches.
Our cousin told me that muscle has been taking up the slack for the incision and to gently change position and stretch lightly.

Bladder is improving but I still get the burning stinging sensation a couple of times a day at least.
VERY annoying. You think it is gone and then it comes back.
Someone tell me this dung stops soon...... arrrgggggg

If I have to go, I HAVE TO GO
for either bladder or BM

Been gassy a little the past 2 days

hate all men today

odd twinges here and there in tummy
Not sure if bladder or nerves coming back online, but yeeeeeeeeeeouch
pinch pinch twinge
worse at night

hot flashes reduce to mildly feeling warm with toes a little cold, waiting to see if it gets even better.

I am tired of being tired
I am tired of aching

4 weeks..... blah , feels like 4 months

Hopefully this is just a hump to get over and next week is better

week 5 is on the way!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register