Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 127 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC231
is anyone here NOT married and going through this alone? It is hard, so hard. just curious, hoping to get some advice!
Hi TC231

I am not married and live alone and would be going through this 'Major Event' in our lives entirely alone If it wern't for this wonderful site and I'm sure I'd be in a Straight Jacket.

Sorry I can't advise you other than to keep reading and posting here as often as you are able.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello sisters!

It's a beautiful day here in northern Minnesota! The sun is shining, it's 61 degrees, and some of the ice is off the the bay that we live on!!! I love it when the water comes back. No buds on the trees yet, but all snow is gone, I saw a Robin and a Blue Bird last week, and a butterfly today. I love spring!

TC: I empathize with your depression and anxiety. Only in your case, it must be difficult since you are not used to it. And being alone right now must be very hard. You are certainly going through a lot, and a PTSD diagnosis would be understandable. Just cry away, let people love and help you, and keep talking. I'm sure you have friends, (you seem like a wonderful person and you have us. Looks like you are having a chilly, rainy day today, but it looks like the sun is coming and some sixty-degree days ahead! That always helps.

Freezia: After two years pushing patients on the cot working for the ambulance, I can't imaging pushing a patient anywhere right now! No, you are not "taking advantage" of your surgery...you are taking care of yourself! My condolences to you on the loss of your FIL, especially since he was a dear man! Some days are hard enough to get through emotionally right now, and I will pray for your additional sorrow. And mersy was right: (I think it was her, if not, sorry,) go right ahead and grieve! And I know that personally, I haven't treated my husband nearly as well as I should have been lately...especially as wonderful as he has been to me! We do our best, apologize, and tell them we love them. As far as you strange peeing sensation, after a long conversation, my Dr and her nurse called mine bladder spasms. I get them when I have to go, while I'm going, and for about fifteen seconds after. Normal, I guess.

Rabbit: What a woman! Back at work. And all you workout ladies amaze me! Are you able to put your feet up during the day? Will help with the swelly belly (it has in my experience.)

Becky: What got consored in your post #912? I can understand 18 y/o DS being too big for his britches. Mine is 19 now and away in Brooklyn NY at college, but his senior year was a battle of wills! And thank you so much for the update on the poo! It's what ties us together baby.

mersy: I've missed you! When I first sat down and read the 800 and some posts on the two boards that first night, I remember so enjoying your fun sense of humor! "Bonding through BM"...that's the mersy I remember! Funny. :smilie5: I haven't gotten to the "I hate all men" portion in the recovery yet. Something new and fun to look forward to. I also have the bladder "twinges." A pain of a pain. And you hit it on the head with the four weeks feeling like four month. I'm day twenty-three and it does feel like day 230!

KimberJ: I am thinking about marrying my Swelly Belly Band! It helps keep the swelly belly cool and tucked in when I'm up and around. And that helps keep the evening watermelon belly somewhat at bay! You're may be jelous of your DH in the jacuzzi, but I'm coveting your jacuzzi! I had one a couple of lifetimes ago (1st husband,) and just LOVED it, especially on those cold Minnesota nights.

Lenaise: So, did you use the wheelchair cart when you shopped? I love those! Even my 16 y/o DD who is sometimes embarassed just to be with me doesn't mind me zipping around Target or Cub in one. Sorry about your pube woes! I was told "no shaving one week before surgery," and they didn't shave me...either for this or the laporoscopy. They said that's it's out of infection concern. But hey, if you don't like the color, you can always get the Brazillian wax and keep it off. And since I'm a fairly dark brunette naturally but a blonde at heart (and on my head,) my carpet and curtains have been different colors for years! "Only your hair dresser (and DH) knows for sure!"

georgiascuba: Thank you so much for your one month synopsis. I am five days behind you and it is so nice to read of the similarities and know that I'm on the right track with my recovery. I empathize with DD woes. Same problem, different house.

Jane: I have you as a "BSO," so am surprised at the continuation of a lot of facial hair growth. Are you doing HRT or just ERT? How about testosterone? I'm just doing the ERT, and seems that my facial plucking time has been reduced...wish the hair on my legs would stop growing! Lots of work shaving them puppies...all that bending and all. As far as your TMI, no clue there. Definately call the nurse time.

Horizon: You go girl! A shopping spree at the mall sounds fab! And I don't think anything will flatter the swelly belly, so finding something that "goes easy on it" is great!

GingerSnap: Just my opinion, but who cares what your co-workers think! You just take care of yourself, and we all think you're grand!

Since I started this message over two hours ago (keep getting interrupted,) I'll probably write again later after I read the pages of posts left during that time.

As for me...things are going much better. The discharge is down, bladder spams still present and accounted for, but as long as I keep my bladder empty they're not too bad. More energy every day...I would have even more if I would eat more. I'm just not hungry (and considering my record, that's a miracle,) so getting all of the protein, fruits, and veggies that I need is tough. I'm NOT doing a huge amount of activity, and just keep losing weight. Nine pounds since surgery. Can't complain, just really need to eat more. (more weight info. on other link.)

I was sure I was having hot flashes yesterday ...odd with no ovaries. I'm on a transdermal estrogen patch (0.05 mg changed weekly,) so I don't know about that. Anybody else ovarianly challenged, on ERT and having hot flashes?

TTFN

Janine
Unread 04-18-2007, 04:46 PM

Jane, you pluck hairs from your face, too? Geesh! I have more hair growth on my chin then most middle aged men have on their heads! What is with that???? My mom said it will only get worse. Ah, hello? I've already made them aware that if I were ever to be unable to take care of myself for a week or so, PAHLEEZE have my chin waxed, plucked or something! I could grow a goatee faster then any prepubescent teenage boy around. They say it's hormones......

Angie - sorry about the sore boobs.....haven't experienced that yet, though when I was premenstrual, these puppies really hurt, too!

Horizon - you go girl with the shopping spree! I desperately need clothes and refuse to buy anything larger then a size 8.....though last year I did have to break down and get a size 10......gets me so annoyed! And as for shirts.....I have to find "tah tah" friendly shirts or the girls look too large. Most today aren't tah tah friendly.

Becky, how's the poopie hon? Still a tad pale? Did you call your doctor today?

Anyone hear from Oprah????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 04:48 PM

Angie~ we are supposed to go to the pub with friends tomorrow, I just don't know if I really feel like going and sitting on one of the barstools.... I really want a pint though!
Unread 04-18-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9mattfield
Becky: What got consored in your post #912? Janine
Janine, not sure what I wrote now , other than in trying to offer consolation to Freesia, I probably shot my mouth off about being in the wrong posting spot and sounded disrespectful towards the rules (and I wonder where my kids get it). I really don't intend to be naughty and I would certainly never do anything to try and override the rules and censuring of the postings. And I really don't want to do anything to jeopardize the harmony of the group by getting into trouble with those who manage the site so genuine apologies again for my big mouth. I promise I'll try and behave .

Becky
Unread 04-18-2007, 05:50 PM

I leave you guys alone for less than 12 hours and you start talking about pubes????...LOL! I love it! But, I was kinda shocked......Pubes turn gray???? Geesh, I wonder what else I am going to learn from you fabulous ladies. Keep it coming...

My advice is to keep the cooter shaved. I just don't like hair. Plus it keeps "spiders" from hanging out of your bathing suit in the summer.

Okay, I am still at work and I feel EXHAUSTED. I didn't do much lifiting today, but all the sitting was making my belly hurt. I found out that I have a meeting tomorrow to discuss a study I conducted over a year ago. Do you really think I remember any of that? DH is making dinner and then its off to bed to prepare.

Though I am exhasuted, It feels good to be back to work. However, it has been hard to push through that mental barrier.

I gotta go, so behave ( and shave) yourselves and I will check into sometime tomorrow.

R-

PS Jane- THANK YOU for contacting Oprah...how cool!
Unread 04-18-2007, 05:53 PM

Had a pretty good day and was encouraged by WW meeting last night. Down 4 lbs since March 13th, usually attend an at-work meeting but because I am on sick leave went to local meeting where no one knows me. Two people actually asked what on earth I was doing there. Had to explain just got my life-time membership and am down 22 lbs since Sept.

Jane: That would be great if we got a response from Oprah.

Kim: That's great about step class and that you are setting personal goals. With this attitude you are well on your way to recovery.

Paula: I think the TAH does make a difference but I am just setting goals within my limits. I took a walk along the bicycle path (which I haven't done for months due to bad weather) It usually takes me half an hour and took 50 minutes because my pace is slower but I did complete it. Regarding back to work, can your DR extend it out?

Becky: You're too much with your G-string/hemmorhoid story!

Angie: It was actually sunny and a bit warmer today so maybe we will have summer in Montreal after all. Hope you enjoy your supper.

distracted1: I say go for pint, the change of scenery will do you good. I'm going out with my friend tomorrow.

Watched Oprah today who interviewed some of the victims' families from the VT tragedy. Found out this morning that the French teacher who died (with most of her students) is from my town of St. Bruno (suburb of Montreal). What a shock.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Mary
Unread 04-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Okay, so I have heard that having health problems and surgery can both cause your hair (on your head) to fall out and or turn grey, so I suppose it could happen to all hair !
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:20 PM

Evening ladies.

j9matt---you are right. I had it all removed. But am on no HRT due to other heath issues. I've had the hair issue for a long time.

Jazzy---LOL---what we don't have to deal with! I remember when my grandma was ill and. I was about 20 years old and she called me to come help her bleach her upper lip. Up until that point I never knew she had such dark hair on her upper lip. I was shocked of course but now everytime I get waxed or pluck I think of Grandma Beal. I've already told my daughter that's her responsibility when I am old and unable. My best friend and I have a pact to always tell one another if we see a runaway chin hair. She called me after I got home from the hospital and asked if she could do anything. I told her come pluck my chin hairs cause I couldn't bend close enough to the mirror!

Hope Sanjaya gets the boot tonight!!! Dr, finally called in Ambien so hopefully I can sleep tonight. Sweet dreams and good sleep to all my sisters.
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:45 PM

Jane, get a mirror and take a look.
Better safe than sorry.

ahhh those 70's fashions with flowing material from the bust down.
Silly question - do all women suffer from swelly belly or only those who had TAH?
I know the swelly belly band is used to sooth the incision of a TAH.
Just thought I'd ask since I am a little puffy tonight from doing to much today.

Well at least I am remembered, if only by bonding through BM *lmao*

Quote:
My advice is to keep the cooter shaved.
I choked on my tea reading that.

for those who are letting nature take its course, use a light lotion that dries well or hair conditioner to soften the hair until it grows long enough to get back to its normal shape.

Not sure about the grey hairs though. Grey or white hairs are merely hairs that have used up all of the pigments for it.

uggg don't mention unwanted hair... one of the few things my father did for me was give me genes I don't want.

tired
did too much today
gonna soak in a hot tub, avoiding getting the incision site wet, but a few inches of hot water will make me not snap at people.
Since my husband's birthday is today maybe he deserves me taking a hot bath too

Wooohooo middle of the week
Here comes the weekend
Come on FRIDAY!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register