Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 129 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit757
I leave you guys alone for less than 12 hours and you start talking about pubes????...LOL! I love it! But, I was kinda shocked......Pubes turn gray???? Geesh, I wonder what else I am going to learn from you fabulous ladies. Keep it coming...

My advice is to keep the cooter shaved. I just don't like hair. Plus it keeps "spiders" from hanging out of your bathing suit in the summer.
Rabbit: You should put "LAUGH ALERT" when you post something like that!!! Then I could grab my tummy pillow or my bear and hold it against my belly when I start laughing like a maniac!!!

Janine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovydiva
I dread the day my pubes turn gray.......
You're quite the poet! :smilie5:
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9mattfield
Becky,

I'm certainly not chewing you out...I was just curious. I'm not offended, and I would never think that you would be "bad" on purpose. I just thought it was funny that it was typed right in your message.

And don't worry about having a "big mouth" as you put it...I am the queen of the tongue not being connected to the brain. I even own a book called "Me and My Big Mouth" by Joyce Meyer that I bought to help with that...Enjoyed the book, but I still have foot in mouth disease!

Janine
Janine, I certainly didn't feel like you were being negative or chewing me out and I actually didn't know I had been naughty until you mentioned it so I had to go check it out. My apology is probably aimed at the sisters that would take offense at my mouth and of course, the monitors of the site. I told my dh that I had been bad on hysters again and he just reminded me that frequently its my mouth that gets me into trouble (yeah, like I need him to remind me). Nah, I've always been just a bit impulsive and attitudey with my mouth. One of those areas of refinement I haven't quite made it through yet.

So on a recovery note: had some really sharp rectum pains tonight. First ones in a long time. They didn't last long but I definitely got to whine for awhile. Plus on a TMI note: I'm sick of wearing liners and feel like the stupid moisture day in and day out regardless of pad changes is making me chafe.

Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 08:58 PM

Becky: OK, now the hemmorhoidal g-string granny story MUST be shared with the world. It would bring world peace. Glad for my pad (rhyme time) 'cause I thought I was going to pee my pants.

Paula: Girl, get a new hairdresser. For what we pay, we should walk out feeling like a queen (or at least a princess!) Loved the story about your son. Did you laugh hysterically at the look on his face?

distracted: Oh, you're going to the pub for a pint? All right, that's fine for our Canadian sisters, but you live in Kentucky. Don't you sit on the veranda sipping Mint Juleps?

Mary: Congrats on the weight loss! Can be such a struggle.

By the time I got out of my first marriage (at age 32,) I weighed 325 pounds (no, I'm not 10-feet tall, just 5' 9") Over the next two years I lost 75-pounds (and, while in a manic state, flew to Vegas and married a man that I'd known for 1 month.)

After he killed himself, (4/16/99), I started working at the YMCA as the Aquatic Director and started swimming, teaching water aerobics, and swimming lessons, I was down to 175 pounds when I married my DH in 2001.

Due to worsening physical and mental health, in December 2006 I was back up to 256 when I went in to the hospital for my laporoscopy. I had to leave the YMCA in 2002 for some hospital time, and was hospitalized three times in the first four years we were married (yes, DH is amazing.)

Then in 2004, after a lifetime of coming upon accidents and dead people, my aunt died soon after falling down an escalator. It was while I was riding in the ambulance with her to the hospital that I realized that this was what I was put on earth to do. Even with my illness, I am very calm in chaotic, crisis situations. In fact, I think my brain works better like that. I have a great memory (not as good as before I had the ECT, but still pretty darn good,) and a strong stomach. So I signed up for EMT classes. After I was done with the classes and had taken my practical and written tests, I had another hospitalization (two weeks in-patient, two weeks living in a hospice and attending a day treatment program.) But as soon as I got out, I started a job at the local ambulance company (yes, my employers know.) It is a privately owned, ALS (advanced life support) company, so there is a paramedic and an EMT on every call. We worked 24-hour shifts, and I LOVED it. Every day I worked, I woke up thrilled that I was going. After a year, I decided to go back to college for paramedic training...a two-year, AA degree. I LOVED it. (It is weird being in college when you're 40-years-old.)

Unfortunately, after my first year of school, I had another episode and I had to leave work and school (work told me they would consider it a long leave of absence.)

Now, realizing the connection between my life-long gynocological problems and my mental illness, I am determined to make up for lost time.

As I have mentioned, I quit smoking 60 days before my surgery, so am now 83 days smoke free. I have lost 34 pounds since December 20, and am feeling great about that.

I thank God for getting me through the rough spots, and for my wonderful DH. Ending up in Grand Rapids, MN as a widow (and a divorcee) at age 34 was not what I had planned. But this is where I found where I belong. It's amazing what happens to us when we let go.

Boy, I do go on.

But, I do understand weight struggles. I KNOW that with the endless pain and hormonal problems gone that this time it will stay off. And I know that it will for all of us.

TTFN

Janine
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:59 PM

Hope nobody gets offended, but.....HALLELUIAH!!!! Sanjaya is going home. (Ok, I'm an idol junkie )
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic
Hope nobody gets offended, but.....HALLELUIAH!!!! Sanjaya is going home. (Ok, I'm an idol junkie )
OH.....I have been sitting here wondering where I had missed all of the conversations about Sanjaya and where she was posting and why you didn't like her! Now it's all clear...whew! (I'm a vampire show junkie, "Buffy," "Angel," now "Blood Ties.")
Unread 04-19-2007, 03:28 AM

well - I cetainly started something with the old naughty bitz !

Clinpic - you plucked !!!- agghhh - I've got tears in my eyes - mine have grown back like cheesewire - just the thought of plucking ....

Rabbit - you can see a pic of your insides ?- ooo - we were told on the ward in hospital that if we want to - they keep what they've taken out so we can see it ( apparently some women need to do this) I just wish they hadn't told us just as they served supper - gross !

horizon - speaking as the owner of a 36E set of boobies - I would look ike Grunhilda the Magnificent about to perform an aria if I wore anything tight under the enbonpoint !
and who said wheelchair ?

do you mind ! I'd rather pull myself round te supermarket by my lips than be seen in one of those ! (actually I forgot they were available otherwise I might have considered it - it sure hurt to stand after a bit)

right - I'm off for a walk to my Mothers' - she's made home made soup - the BM will be working overtime for at least a week - have a good day all. xx

a note to us all if we have male bosses who are being funny about coping or getting back to work . Ask him how he would feel after someone had cut of his reproductive organs, kindly left him with the use of his bladder and then told him to ge back to work ...
Unread 04-19-2007, 05:34 AM

When I took my first shower at the castle, and began to wash my nether regions, I was stunned!! I actually got out of the shower and had to use a mirror to see what the heck they'd done to me "down there". The reversed Mohawk thing they'd shaved me into was just......beyond belief!! I don't know what I expected, but that certainly wasn't it!!

When I talked to DR before he released me I asked him who he let shave me and of course, it was a male nurse. I suggested to him, ever so sweetly, that he remind this man that we have to take these things home with us, and perhaps he could a little more style conscious when doing his shaving!!

Sorry, Hostesses, I know this is not really recovery progress, but when I saw where this thread was heading, I had to chime in with my

~Vikki
P.S.
this group is just way to comical to miss!!
Unread 04-19-2007, 07:35 AM

Hot flash alert! I found out this morning that if I quickly adrenalize it kicks me into a terrible hot flash. Realized this as I caught my male mastiff peeing on the floor because the poor baby didn't want to get his feet wet outside after the rain this morning. I went psycho on him and then spent the next ten minutes cleaning it up in nothing but my undies because i was roasting.
Unread 04-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Janine, I applaud you for taking your life into your hands and making a difference, both mentally and physically. I have the utmost respect for you - you're an inspiration in the trials and tribulations you have had and continue to overcome.

My brother is also and EMT and has wanted to train to be a paramedic for as long as I can remember. He's also been a volunteer firemen for over 24 years.

I truly believe that people like you and my brother are an extremely gifted bunch because you can remain calm under very stressful situations. I know I could never do it and what would we do without people who can? As for your weight loss - what an accomplishment - keep up the good work. DH sounds like a wonderful man- you're lucky to have each other.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register