Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 03-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Won't it be nice...

As far as the headaches go, I know narcotic pain medication can cause what is known as "rebound" headaches. I take an Rx for my migraines and I know when I've got a bad one, if I don't manage my meds just right I'll put another headache on top of the migraine.

You ladies have been a tremendous source of support for me. I'm just now feeling like sitting up to be online and hope when I post my hysterectomy story it will help those in waiting. I'm really just amazed at how good I feel one week post-op. I'm not going to go have a party yet or anything, but I am grateful for the dawning of the day, and being able to shower, and move around a little, and sleep relatively well at night, even if I do wake up every hour or two. Just being alive is enough for me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Just called the doctor's office, waiting for the nurse to call back.
I want to discuss that little red spot on my incision and the speck of blood (not clear red, or bright red, no smell, no actual "seeping" , just a speck here and there).

I want no set backs and my doc appointment is a week from today.
A week can make a huge difference between a speck and full blown infection.
I am taking no chances!

Also want to discuss when this pulling burning sensation may ease up.
Or when the bladder gets a little full every 2 hrs it wakes me.

Hopefully it is nothing to be concerned about.
And if it is then hopefully I caught it really early.

We'll see.
Unread 03-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Yep, I think I've overdone it

....ouch....

I'm hurting really badly today. I had an appt today that lasted two hours (sitting) but I had to wait 25 minutes on the stupid taxi to show up and I spent most of that time standing up. I have this incredible infection (bladder/kidney) but the doctor yesterday told me that he thought I would feel *much* better by this morning and I am actually feeling *much* worse. :P If I'm not better by morning, I'm calling the doctor again. They must think I'm a real pain-in-the-neck.

-Miette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2007, 11:58 AM

I knew it was too good to last - everything is going great except the constipation is back and the Colace ain't cuttin' it. I'm gonna go to the store and buy some more mag. citrate. It worked good for me the first time around.

Staples came out without a hitch and the steristrips are already falling off. What else could happen?
Unread 03-29-2007, 12:36 PM

Darn, due to the weather my doctor's appt. got postponed until tomorrow, not that it makes a whole lot of difference. I did venture out to the grocery store with my hubby and that was fine, then made biscuits and gravy for the kids (no school) but I really am tired now.

Miette, I'm sorry you are hurting. Darn it anyways.

Becky
Unread 03-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Everything was going so well! My first week was wonderful. No pain. No discharge at all. Great mood. The last few days have been a different story. I'm feeling a little tight or cramped in the abdomen and have a little bit of thin bloody discharge. And I'm really, really tired. I'm not sleeping much, but I didn't sleep much before the surgery either. I'd say my pain level is higher now than at any point since surgery, but it's still very low and more of a discomfort.

I thought for sure that I was going to whiz right throught this thing and now the reality has sunk in. Oh my gosh, I really have to have a recovery! What would I do without you ladies to see me through?
Unread 03-29-2007, 02:28 PM

I had my staples out today...the nurse was totally suprised to see me walk in there strutting my stuff like nothing happened LOL....she was concerned that I'm overdoing it, but I re-assured her that I only do what I have to...I am quick healer ....Thank the Lord!

I am only taking extra strentgh tylonol, and motrin for the discomfort...the BM have been more runny and way more gas....I'm sleeping ok at night I guess...wake up often , but am able to get back to sleep.

My 3 yrs old and 15 yr old, keep this place hopping and dh tries to keep up the housework and such, but seems to forget about me and this surgery, in the way where he doesnt offer to cook etc...I have to remind him lol.!

Loads of quick and healthy recovery vibes for all
Unread 03-29-2007, 03:16 PM

My post op appt. is next Wed (the doc is off on Tues.-maybe that's his surgery only day since that was the day of the week for mine).
No meds for me today-all that's left is some sore ab muscles where the retracted them. Incision line doesn't pull. The cuff stitches stil have that muscle contraction feeling from time to time. To be honest, I've been having erotic dreams-something I haven't had in years. NO I won't do anything that would jeopordize my recovery-heard too many horror stories. I did a 27 minute walk and had no tiredness after. I'm going to the gym with hubby-he's going to take a spinning class and I'm going to say hi to all my spinning buddies and walk on the treadmill for a few minutes more. That should tire me out for bed-I don't usually have sleep problems (except right before I would have a period) sao that's the only vexation I've had.

I'm saying some prayers for all you who have hit some bumps in the road. I really hope y'all feel better soon. Talk at ya later
Unread 03-29-2007, 03:21 PM

Poor Miette *hugs*

All of you ladies discussing and having UTI made me just call.

The nurse returned my call in about 40 min and was really nice.
Not short or anything and answered my questions.

I have internal stitches with steri-strips.
I really don't think they did a great job on this one since it was one strip and the other has 2.

Not sure if I am overdoing it, but moving in my sleep may have done it.
The only thing I am doing is dishes and no pots and pans when I do them.

Nurse said this is a fluid build up, not an infection, that occurs under the skin and they much prefer for it to seep out than to stay in.
She recommended a warm compress to bring it out, cleaning the area with diluted peroxide twice a day (which means taking a q-tip and going into any hole there may be .... EEK!) and a dap of Neosporin
Keep it aired out (like how in the fecking blue blazes can you keep an incision UNDER a roll of fat aired out!?) and won't need a band-aid unless it comes out more.

I think I may cover it with guaze any way to keep it clean.

As for the pulling stinging sensation, it is common.... yeah yeah I know it is common but quite honestly I don't see why they don't put people on a light antibiotic for 5 days after surgery to be safe.
She recommended AZO (over the counter) to help ease burning sensation if it starts burning when I pee.

I don't. My bladder gets full -it hurts.
I empty it and either at the beginning or at the end it hurts.
Actual uretha and urine not stinging or burning

I'll keep an eye on it and if it "starts burning" I am not going for any over the counter item but going to the doc early for a test.

Oh and the nurse said I could take a tub bath. She said I could soak in the tub or use hot compress for the incision.....
Someone needs to read the same page of instructions.
Not risking it
Unread 03-29-2007, 03:49 PM

I was out of it each time they changed the bag, so no idea what they pumped into me *lol*

Hubby said he recalled the doctor mentioning there may be some light pink drainage.

We are calling Sissy, his cousin who is a nurse, to back up the info.
Hubby has an issue with talking with nurses and not doctors, but he needs to recall these nurses deal with this daily.

Might try the Azo just to relieve the need to go every 2 hours, but it says it makes the urine orange. As long as it doesn't affect urine sample next Thursday then I am willing to give it a go.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register