Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 130 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Good afternoon girls!

I have been trying to catch up on posts and have to stop now and then to giggle and laugh. You are all hysterical. I'm doing pretty well, all things considered. Four and a half weeks now...amazing how quickly things have gone. I lifted too much the other day and had a 24 hour spell of pain in my tummy, but that resolved itself after I rested. I'm just starting the part of all this where I'm so grateful that I had the hyster. For the first time in years I am not experiencing the insane amount of bleeding that I normally would be. It's so liberating.

BeckyP: poor you and those hotflashes... I'm so sorry! I have had mild hotflashes before and they were terribly uncomfortable. Do you have a strategy for when they strike? My mom used to go and chew on ice chips.. eep. Bad for the teeth but she said it helped cool her down.

MzV: reverse mohawk... oh dear! They didn't shave me for the hyster which really surprised me. I'm glad you gave them some advice on how to shave the next girl. Jeepers!

Lenaise: hope you enjoyed your walk! I laughed myself silly at the expression, "Grunhilda the Magnificent ". It cracks me up...hehe. I'm very busty myself. I would love to have IBT's (itty bitty titties) but my genetics have not allowed it. I can't wear these fashions these days with the empire waist and tight chest. I simply don't fit!

Mersey: how was the tub soak? I am longing to jump in the tub... two more weeks to go. I hope your DH's birthday was fun and he enjoyed himself.

Well, time for me to get up and make something for dinner. Yesterday I cheated and made a big chef salad for everyone. Even the kids ate it! yay! I'm trying so lose weight. It's very difficult with the PCOS. It might just be my imagination but the scale says I've lost five lbs since the surgery. I'm counting calories now and I'm very pleased with the loss so far... let's hope it continues!

Take care everyone.
Hugs,

-Miette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 07:57 AM

A hostess posted an excellent article that helps us figure out the hormones we have too much of or not enough of.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsarticle.php?id=97238

Wanted to share that in case someone is trying to figure out their HRT and what they may or may not need.

I am not sure if I have an incontinence issue.
It's just things get uncomfortable when I need a BM and feel like I am pregnant with my daughter (she loved my bladder, thought it was a water bed) again when my bladder is full.

The pulling/burning/stinging sensation has lessened quit a bit.
It only happens a few times a day but the uretha is a little annoyed still.
I am still drinking a lot of water daily and drinking cranberry juice to be on the safe side and still living with a thermometer close to me.
Watching for color changes and smell changes as well.

Maybe I am paranoid... I don't care.
Maybe the nurses will get tired of me calling once a week... again, I don't care.

From my ear surgery and now this I have learned a valuable lesson.
DO NOT WAIT

There's some exercising listed in the 5-6 week post op
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_postop56.htm
Starting my Kegel exercises and hoping it helps.

Really difficult having a teen girl in the house and needing the bathroom immediately and often the first two weeks. She's been a gem sharing it and told hubby to build another bathroom or go water the trees

I've aches this morning, hoping they ease up a little.

Y'all remember to rest.
We are not 100% yet and still need to pamper the princess a little more.

PS
Miette

It was more a bath type shower than a soak but did the trick. I slept hard last night and my legs look like a woman's again *lol*
As for hubby's birthday
pffffffffffttttttttttttt
He annoyed me
He shouldn't have since I shaved
I did too much. Cooked some of his fave dishes and made a cake and he annoyed me...

MEN!
Unread 04-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic

My friend's mom is in her eighties and one day she and a group of her old girlfriends were in at JCPenney's shopping. One of the dear old gals picked up a g-string and stared at it for awhile but decided she wouldn't be able to wear it because she wouldn't know where to put her hemmorhoids if she did.
omg!! I laugh and laugh and laugh!! That is hysterical .... hehehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 08:04 AM

Oh man, I've been without the use of a computer for a few days (my laptop crashed) and now I'm trying to catch up... It sounds like Becky is in trouble and the rest of you are having "hair" issues. Is that about the gist of it??? I feel like you all have gone off to the party without me boo hoo.

I've been focusing on building up my energy for the past week, because I really want to go back to work Monday just in the afternoons for a while. But, I realize each day around 3pm that if I don't get more energy I'm not go'n anywhere. My inflated belly makes me look like a starving child from Ethiopia.

I think the longer I stay home the more depressed I become, because I feel like they don't need me any more at work and I have a big issue with not being needed.

I have my 4 week post op exam today I really hope DR isn't gonna go IN this time, I don't feel ready. Maybe the cookie bouquet that I sent to DR and his staff will help???

I read somewhere on this site that the reason we all feel so fatigued is because the general anesthesia goes into our liver and hangs out there for a while until our bodies flush them out.

Does anyone know how to do this??? I would try anything at this point, I think that will be another question for my DR today as well.

Ok I'm rambling....
TTFN! Brenda
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:08 AM

You guys are cracking me up, I can't keep up with all this talk.

I don't remember who has what going on,however, who had the pale poop? So, I was bored last night and was reading those fun little papers that come with your prescriptions and Tramadol the generic for Ultracet has that listed as a side affect that you should call your dr for... If you are taking that then I would call my dr.

for the ladies who are busty... I hear ya about trying to find something that fits well. I think some of us are just destined to be big! I had a reduction of 6 lbs of breast tissue and guess what they are back...... yeah, good thing I had that done I can't imagine where I would be if I hadn't had the reduction!
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:10 AM

Brenda, yep, I posted the liver issue and unfortunately I don't believe there's anything we can do. I think it's a 'let nature take it's course' type situation - but maybe your doctor could make suggestions as to how to get rid of it sooner. If so, please share, because it is annoying. One person told me it can stay in your liver a YEAR.

I agree that staying home makes us feel blah, but getting the motivation to get out is tough. Once I'm up and about, I feel decent, but getting to that point is a job in itself.
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:11 AM

I'm so very guilty of neglected this thread. I usually pop over to the other one and post there and then I have to get up and do something somwhere else in the house. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have hours and hours of free time just to read and post and get to know all of you a lot better. This has been so fun and such a cool way to make friends!

I'm doing ok. I am pretty much back to my normal routine except for the lifting thing. I also have some problems driving since I'm really short and have to twist an amazing amount to see all around our car when I'm the driver. gah. So, I limit my time behind the wheel. Other than that it's go-go-go here. DH is full time back at work and often works out of town. I miss him now that I just got used to him being home every day. aww... so sad! At least he's kind enough to call and check up on me during the day. I'm a lucky girl.

Paula: I read either in this thread or the other one that you got your hair highlighted! I so want to try doing that but first I have to figure a way to get these darn gray hairs covered up. I have tried Loreal products...lately I used the err.. what's it called? The one that only stays in for 6 weeks. argh, brain fog strikes agian. [it's called color CASTING.. yay, I remembered] Anyway, it has a great shine but didn't cover my grays... how frustrating?!? I can't afford to get it professionally colored but I always wanted to have highlights put in.

Janine: I so admire you and all you have been through. I think it's amazing that you were able to go to school and work 24 hour shifts in a job that is so crisis oriented. I would go crackers in a matter of minutes. It's good that people like you.. you particularly..are in these jobs because your compassion and ambition will defintely save lives. Well done on the weight loss.. I'm counting calories...have a lot of weight to lose. grr.

Kim: I am so impressed at you working out at the steps class. I am terrified to try my eliptical (Becky P: how did that go for you?) because I don't want to cause any internal damage. I've been walking slowly almost every day though since post op week 3. Way to go!

Well, I hope everyone else is doing great. I have to go make dinner this time and actually cook something instead of just cutting up veg and making a salad. Beautiful weather here today... hope that nasty Noreaster thingee is gone.. I haven't checked the news lately to see.

Take care eveyrone,
Hugs,

-Miette
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:14 AM

Ms. V we must've had the same male nurse-that's what mine looks like too. Gee-I think some people in the OR have way too much fun. "Let's give her a Mohawk". At least they didn't shave their initials in it-like my ds used to do with his head.

Well I'm taking it easy today. I did a no no yesterday and now I'm spotting-I haven't spotted at all this whole time. I moved too quickly and picked up a huge bell to ring-helping out another lady-it wan't even my bell. Well I felt the pull hard and this morning I'm spotting. I'm beginning to think my thyroid might be off too from the other hormonal imbalance. I can't get warm and that's a rarity for me sitting here in Houston TX. In the last 5 years we've lived here we have never been this far into April and not had the AC on. The family is a bit miffed-oh well.
Have a good day all and for those who are shattered-get some rest.
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
You guys are cracking me up, I can't keep up with all this talk.

I don't remember who has what going on,however, who had the pale poop? So, I was bored last night and was reading those fun little papers that come with your prescriptions and Tramadol the generic for Ultracet has that listed as a side affect that you should call your dr for... If you are taking that then I would call my dr.

for the ladies who are busty... I hear ya about trying to find something that fits well. I think some of us are just destined to be big! I had a reduction of 6 lbs of breast tissue and guess what they are back...... yeah, good thing I had that done I can't imagine where I would be if I hadn't had the reduction!
Me, me! I had the pale poo and the big mouth that got me in trouble with the hostess again ummm, I'm bad. I think from doing my self diagnostics that I had a gallbladder issue this past weekend. I didn't talk to my doctor about it because it went away but its in my mental notes to talk to her about at my six week.

By the way, anyone else with prolapse repair terrified at the thought of sex? I read on-line after googling pelvic floor organ repair that one of the downsides of anterior and posterior repair is painful intercourse. Hopefully there is absolutely no basis for my fear, but I won't know for another two weeks.

Becky
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:15 AM

Miette, hi honey! The highlights I got didn't completely cover my grays either, but they look like the blend in better - and that's what the hairdresser told me. I normally color my own hair too, because at $70. a pop plus tip, I'd be poor in no time since I'd have to have it done every 5-6 weeks.

I find the over the counter hair colors don't always give you the color it shows. Mine normally comes out dark whether I use a medium brown or a dark brown. The true color is actually processed on the top of your head due to the heat it emits (I was told that by my hairdresser). You'd think with all the inventions they've come up with that they could come up with something that covers gray hair!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register