Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 133 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hello sisters!

Rabbit: I got picture also! The one that I got after my laporoscopy in December had shots of my endometriosis, my ovaries, and my huge, heart shaped uterus. The one after my hyster. was a before and after...much fun!

Becky: Loved the image - purifying puppy peeing in panties. You crack me up.

Miette: Congrats. on the weight loss!

mersey: Thanks for the heads up on that HRT article. I read it with much interest and think I may need more estrogen. I hope the Kegels hope with the feelings of incontinence!

Brenda: It is a bummer being physically restricted, especially when at times you feel better than you have in years! I know you'll get through...you've made it this far! I'm a May 8 baby too! April showers bring us!

KimberJ: Baseball bat in the crotch..hilarious, but so true!

I'm going to "my" choir concert tonight that I should be singing in, but a silly little thing like a hysterectomy got in my way. In a way it's depressing, but I loved the music for this concert so much I have to hear it. And a good excuse to go out for dinner and a show with a friend!

But I'm "forced" into singing this Saturday. Not really forced, but compelled. My friends sister died Tuesday of diabetes related complications (46-years-old and was on dialysis for seven years!) and she asked me to sing. I've been working on it, but the old abdominal muscles are not what they were 24 days ago! They'll be back better than ever though! And my DH will be my accompanist, so I'll have that support.

Still waiting for buds on the trees, but loving more and more open water every day.

Enjoy your days!

Janine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 01:45 PM

Paula:

I know that I am not the only one here with broad shoulders and boxes of kleenex for you.

t must be so difficult at this point in our recovery; when we are looking for some sort of validation, for something to bring us back into the "real world," for some sense of normalcy, to have this happen. I can't help but think of part of a quotation (but of course, I cannot for the life of me find the entire thing now,) that reminds us that when we think we have lost everthing that matters to us in life, what do we have left? Ourselves.

You are so much more than just a job...even if it's a wonderful job. We are not defined by what we do for a living, but who we are as people. And just from "talking" to you and "listening" to you on this board, you are a very special person. You are kind, funny, compassionate, and giving.

You just wrote that you respect me, and that I am an inspiration. I feel the same about you.

All of us are an inspiration and worthy of respect, no matter what our circumstance. The cancer survivors, the mothers with young children, the sisters with all other types of crosses to bear. We are brought together by the fact that we are not only women, but we are survivors!

We have dealt with physically painful and emotionally wrenching problems for a long time, some most of our lives, but we didn't give up. We took the leap, overcame our fears, and are here, together, to support each other now.

Today, more than ever, pamper and love yourself.

Janine
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit757
"They disappear? I didn't know that."

Yep, they turn gray THEN fall out Poor pubes.

Ekkk....mine are not grey...but, I have way less then before
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 02:11 PM

Janine, you are so incredibly sweet. I so appreciate your words of encouragement. I agree that we are more then just a job, but it's such a blow to one's ego.

The past year has been a very difficult one. I left a job last February due to the fact that I didn't feel challenged and took a leap of faith to another job offered to me after having interviewed a year and a half prior. (At the time they weren't ready to bring me on full time).

Long story short, it didn't work out (their misrepresentation) and now this. I guess going in front of a prospective employer and trying to 'sell myself', knowing full well what I have to offer, and then having them see my resume is very difficult. I know there's a light at the end of this tunnel, because I've been in this place before.....but it wasn't something I needed while in recovery.

I will keep your post and reread it because it's so beautifully written. Thank you for your shoulder (and the box of Kleenex). You really are a wonderful person.

s to you, Janine. Paula
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:17 PM

Paula, I am so so sorry :confuse: ...I can't say it any better than our friend Janine....that is hard to deal with, especially at this stage of the game....it sounds as if they have everything figured out, and I don't know what there reasoning is for doing this to you ...I think you are going to have to see whats in the package being mailed to you...personally I don't even like that idea of them mailing this to you!

Please just know that you have all of us to help you through this the best we know how...I am thinking of you sweetie, and hope that everything works out for you in the end

And please try not to let this upset your recovery process...do whatever you need to do, so that you are not stressing yourself out too much...I know easier said than done!

((hugs))

Angie
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Hi Jane,

I do get twinges once in a while after I exercise. It does not hurt or anything like that...no pain at all....only a slight twinge. Wierd.

Paula,

I would be upset too! So do you have the choice to keep your job or take the severance?

Kim
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:21 PM

Thank you, Angie. I so appreciate your kind words. I haven't a clue as to why this came about either. I've had two wonderful reviews, I received what they call "Star Performer Awards" for going over and above what your job entails (7 of them since 8/06). They claim it has nothing to do with my performance, but when companies use the term "reorganization", that's a nice way of saying something wasn't working. Personally I'd prefer to know. I give my all to a company and I'm so tired of getting very little in return.

Anyway......will try and keep my chin up. Glad I have my sisters to lean on.

s Ang! Paula
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfromnj
Thank you, Angie. I so appreciate your kind words. I haven't a clue as to why this came about either. I've had two wonderful reviews, I received what they call "Star Performer Awards" for going over and above what your job entails (7 of them since 8/06). They claim it has nothing to do with my performance, but when companies use the term "reorganization", that's a nice way of saying something wasn't working. Personally I'd prefer to know. I give my all to a company and I'm so tired of getting very little in return.

Anyway......will try and keep my chin up. Glad I have my sisters to lean on.

s Ang! Paula
Paula...I can just hear the hurt and frustration in your post...and I just sit hear and shake my head.

DH and I are self employed, and I have to agree, that you are pretty much on the money about it being more than just "restructuring" ... Some companies use this word to get by without all the legal crap...with that being said, there may really be some restructuring going on, but I think you would have prob known about this ahead of time...I think you may have to do some homework of your own, and/or even go and talk with someone to find out if it was something else....whatever the case may be, I know from everything I have learned here about you, that you are a Star performer and gave everything you had...please do keep your chin up...You are one special lady!

Angie
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:34 PM

J9mattfield: Do you have that same sensation, that someone beat you w/ a baseball bat between the legs? OUCH!!! Does anyone else have the same pain???

I also have a stabbing pain when I slightly bend over, even w/out picking anything up. Feels like a knife 2inches below my belly button. Anyone else have the same???

I didn't know pubies disappeared over time, I guess it's better than grey. Maybe not, pick the lesser of the 2 evils...

Swelly Belly is behaving somewhat today, although it hurts like crazy & I really took it easy today... don't get it! Low back & shoulders really hurting more so today, probably from typing dd's book report. I would love a deep tissue massage right now or at least to sit in the Jacuzzi w/ DH tonight.

Are any of you released for "intimacy" yet?? I'm not, I really miss it, haven't had any since mid Feb. due to preg. I go back to Dr. in 4 weeks so we'll see then.

Although I miss it I'm almost afraid of what it'll be like the 1st time, anyone experience it yet or know someone who has? Is it painful, I've heard talk that it may be?

Anyhow, I think I'll lay down & catch a bit of a nap, little one is sleeping, puggies are behaving, DH &DD aren't home yet so... perfect opportunity! Think I'll have DH bring home dinner tonight, maybe Asian food.

Be back later, if not all of you have a wonderful peaceful evening wherever you are & whoever you're with.

Your Hyster Sister,
KimberJ
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Thanks, Angie. You're making me cry!

I wish I could find something to do on my own. I envy you and DH for having your own company. At this rate, if the pay were good, I'd be a greeter at Walmart!

Like you said, they say restructure or reorganize to avoid any legal issues. However, I have been told by a few people that it's illegal to terminate a position while a person is on disability. They did say, "You're job will still be here when you return", what for the day I return? If that's the case why call me and give me a heads up about a severance package they'll be offering? As far as I'm concerned, I don't have a job and wonder what would happen if I chose not to accept their package. I'm going to contact my divorce attorney and see if she can advise me as to how I should handle this.

At this rate I certainly don't wish to work for a company that operates like this, but I do expect to be treated with the respect I deserve.

Glass of wine anyone?????

You're the best, Angie. Thanks again for your kind words. It really means a lot!

s Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register