Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 134 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Okay...so today its boobs with a little carry over of pubes from yesterday. Tomorrow, we'll dive into...orgasms maybe??????? Actually, I wouldn't mind getting some input on those that have taken things for a test drive

I just noticed that we are getting close to 1,000 posts and are by far the most active group of Princesses....we so ROCK!!! There is no way Oprah could turn us down..its a no-brainer!

Well, I had another full workday and I am exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open. But, physically I feel good and was able to carry my laptop and purse without any discomfort. If anyone finds a miracle "liver-cleanser" I will pay handsomely for it.

Becky..I too get a hot flash when I get upset...my face turns real red and my body just sweats. It will interesting to see if this is temporary or not. I'm glad your scat has turned back to normal. It will be interesting to see shat your Dr. says. Sorry about the dog/husband issue...I TOTALLY empathize with you on that one!

Also, I haven't had a prolapse repair, but I did have my cervix removed and the thought of doin' the deed is scary. You are so not alone in that feeling. Has anybody tired it?? just a little bit???? My husband is being very supportive, but he has jokinlgy (and lovingly) warned me that he is ready to get in there and sretch things back out. Men, men, men.

Thanks for the cheers in going back to work. Ladies, I battled myself mentally about when I should go back. I had plenty of sick leave/vacation to use, but I felt that I was getting to the point where I physically able to do desk work, and mentally my brain was turning into mush. It was so hard that first day, and I didn't get much done. The 2nd day, I didn't get much done either. The 3rd day, I got invited to a meeting with some pretty awesome people, and the 4th day (today) I DROVE to the meeting and it was excellent. I got dressed up (in elastic waist pants of course) and even slid on some high heels. The only soreness I have is when I am forced to sit down for long periods of time. My abdomen is still very tender to the touch and I get that mind rattling nerve twinge every now and then that reminds me that I had surgery ONE MONTH AGO TODAY!!!!!! Whahoo! Congrats to the one monthers!

Remember, I had a LVH (uterus and cervix removed). This surgery has a quicker recovery than an abdominal surgery. So for me, I am at the point where things are turning the corner.

Prior to the surgery, I had gotten used to living with a uterus that 4x larger than normal...peeing every 20 minutes...heavy periods that caused me to be severly anemic...and painful intercourse. Lately I have been seeing the true benfits of the surgery...I feel thinner (because I know longer look 3 months pregnant), I have less water retention, no freakin' 7-day periods, and no more leg cramps. Plus, the mental relief of knowing that I don't have to spend so much time worrying about these problems is just fantastic.

Anyway, I'm rambling...

I love your posts and I wish I could respond to all of you. I'll see you tomorrow. Sleep tight.

R-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit757
Okay...so today its boobs with a little carry over of pubes from yesterday. Tomorrow, we'll dive into...orgasms maybe??????? Actually, I wouldn't mind getting some input on those that have taken things for a test drive

R-
Okay so the news on the big O is that I haven't been cleared for the deed but my brain and body think it's time! I had the big O in my sleep and am glad to report everything was okay!
Unread 04-19-2007, 04:50 PM

Hello all--

Wow where to start?

I have been pretty wiped out today and don't really know why. Yesterday I went to the store with hubby, to the bank, then I went to the fabric store. I had planned to do some sewing today but could do very little it was hurting too much sitting in that chair so I just went back to my recliner.

Brenda-- If you find out how to flush out the anesthesia please let us know.

Mary-- It's my 4 weeks today also. Congrats!!

Fressia-- I was sorry to here about your father in law. Take it easy.

Distracted1-- I can manage coughing but I'm terrified to sneeze. I do everything I can to avoid a full blown sneeze.

LightandClouds-- I have always done my self breast exam on the 5th day after the start of my period (I was told to do this along time ago in order to do it at the same time during my cycle because our breasts are different thoughout the month). Now I will do it on the 10th of every month because one of the TV stations (channel 10)always remind women to do so. It is so very important for all of us to do this.

Any way enough of my preaching and rattling on. I'll check in later.

Ginger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 04:57 PM

Hi Paula, I'll add my kleenexes to the pile of soggies. I am really sorry about your job news: stinks to have to deal with that when you are feeling pretty vulnerable anyways while healing. Don't they know our emotions can't handle stuff like that at this juncture of our recovery? Let me know who I can lip off to for you (I seem to be pretty good at it ). Seriously, there's not a lot I can add to what has already been said for encouragement by our wonderful hystersisters (and they said it so well), other than know I'll be saying a few extra prayers for you right now. It's a good thing God has the biggest shoulders of all cuz sometimes mine feel way way puny. Here's a Bibe verse to encourage you: JOH 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (part of who I am in all my "normal-ness and ornery-ness" is a pastor's wife, so I hope its ok if that part of my heart comes out as well ).

So, dear friend, special love and concern for you today with an extra large .

Becky
Unread 04-19-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfromnj
Glass of wine anyone?????

s Paula
I'll share that glass with you tonight (I didn't say "typical" pastor's wife )

love ya. Becky
Unread 04-19-2007, 05:22 PM

Paula--

I might not express myself as well as others but for you to get news like that while you are out on disability is just not right. Have they no sense of compassion, it really makes me angry on your behalf. Just take your time in finding out what you do next don't give them the upper hand and I think it's a great idea to talk with your lawyer. Take care of yourself and keep us informed because we really do care.

Isn't is strange how strongly we all feel about each other after only posting back and forth for only a few weeks.
Unread 04-19-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfromnj
Ok sisters, need your shoulders (and a few hundred tissues).

Received a call today from my employer. Seems while I've been gone they've decided to do some reorganization. I was told that it has nothing to do with my performance (I had two stellar reviews) and that I will have a job when I come back on 4/30 (or whenever I decide to do so) but that I will also be offered a severance package of 5 weeks. The information is being mailed to me today.

Needless to say I'm in total shock. I started there in 8/06 and was assured when I left on disability that my job would not be in jeopardy. So, here I am trying to heal and I get a kick in the gut.

This is the second time this has happened to me in less then a year. I was recruited by another place and they never taught me properly so when I was asked if I liked my job I was honest and told them, "Not under the current circumstances". Two days later I got my walking papers with the reason that "Since you don't like your job, we feel it's best to sever our relationship with you".

I'm just so upset right now.....
Oh Paula, I'm so sorry! Like you don't have enough going on as it is...

You just keep your chin up, because you have your Hyster Sisters praying for you, and I know you will see the blessing in all this eventually. You will end up with an even better job with better pay and people that you love. Here's a HUG Brenda
Unread 04-19-2007, 05:49 PM

Hey All!
I just got back from my 4 wk post op appt. And DR gave me great news!

With regard to the fatigue, he said there is no poven way to "flush" the liver, but to realize that the body is using up more calories right now than ever just to heal itself, and this causes us to feel fatigued. He said to feed my body with healthy food around the clock, it's better to eat little meals all day long.

He also said that I will probably see right around week 6 or 7 a marked improvement in my energy level. Yep Eee!

He didn't do a pelvic, because he said if the cuff hasn't healed he would do more harm than good, so we are waiting until the 6 wk post op.

He signed a release for me to return to work on Monday 4/23 part- time as tolerated, and he warned me to obey this because I could set my recovery back by pushing myself. So I agreed to go home once I felt tired even if I haven't worked 4 hours yet.

He told me I can start doing some abd exercises with caution and very few reps. and to wait a day or two between work outs to see how my body tolerates it. He said once I have done this I can start light jogging.

I am so excited! I think I'll go have a little bite to eat!
Cheers! Brenda
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:01 PM

Brenda, glad for the good report. Now don't overdo it..

Anyone else suffering frequent headaches since surgery? They are starting to annoy me (of course sometimes everything annoys me at this point).

Becky
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Bjenkins:

Great news! I started back to step aerobics this week. So far, so good. I even completed the entire hour!I am going to start back running (jogging is more like it) at the 6 weeks mark.

Congrats to you! Have a wonderful evening and enjoy your "bite."

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register