Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 136 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim123
Bjenkins:

Great news! I started back to step aerobics this week. So far, so good. I even completed the entire hour!I am going to start back running (jogging is more like it) at the 6 weeks mark.

Congrats to you! Have a wonderful evening and enjoy your "bite."

Kim
You go girl with the step arobics! You're doing good! I hope things continue to improve for you too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM

Wow! I'm not on the computer for only two days, and I had over 150 posts to read!! It's taken me over an hour and I still have the "Over & Above" board still to read.

Yesterday was my 4-week anniversary, so without further ado, here's where I am:

Discharge has lightened up today, but I'm not holding my breath here - it did that once before and came back with a vengence. Monday and Tuesday, it was actually heavier than normal and stained my panti-liners (usually only noticeable when I wipe). The funky odor has somewhat dissapated as well (yay!).

Swelly belly showed up big time today. I was okay yesterday with wearing my blue jeans, but not today. Really tight plus I had that "muffin top" thing going on. Ugh. Tummy is also sore - could be because of the jeans, though . . .

Having problems with gas no matter what I eat. Anyone else?

Didn't have a mohawk, but I was shaved on the upper "half." The new growth has been irritating, and I have to admit that I "trimmed" the rest to sorta match the length of the new stuff! (I didn't know it fell out either!)

Had a MAJOR headache this evening, but I knocked it out with Advil.

No blonde poops, but that's because I'm taking iron tabs. Mine are on the "goth" side! Butt still gets sore if I sit for too long.

Energy level is still low. I feel GREAT, but if I do much of anything, I'm wiped for the rest of the day. Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Figured out why I was having tooth pain - seems I've been really clenching my teeth when I sleep (those few hours I do get some sleep!). I've woken up with a tired jaw and sore tooth because of it.

Speaking of sleep, or lack thereof, insomnia's back big time. I've had to take two Tylenol PMs and still don't fall asleep for hours. I have my 2nd post-op appointment tomorrow - will be discussing that with my doc.

The sleep issue, the sore butt issue and the lack of energy have me worried about going back to work. I still have another week at home, but it's going to be bad if I can't sit at my desk for more than an hour or so without my butt hurting. (and, yes, I have a desk job) More somethings to discuss with my doc!

My first week back will be spent traveling to the DC area for a meeting. I'll be traveling with a co-worker, glad of that. Kinda worried about traveling, but think it might be easier than going to my real job.

Got in a little retail therapy yesterday and today - not much, but sure felt good to get out. Had a most delicious pedicure today - ummmmmmm. Bought some yummy bubble bath stuff and a pedi kit at Bath & Bodyworks, and it's Clinique Bonus Time at Macy's!!

Gave my daughter and daughter-in-law all my leftover super-plus tampons (six boxes!) and pads. They were thrilled, but not as thrilled as I!!!!!!

nogreatmischief - I wish you much love and many hugs throughout your treatment.

I'm sorry I'm not able to respond to each and every person, but know that you are all in my thoughts and that I'm really enjoying our friendship. You've made me laugh and also think "ah - that's why!" so many times!

TTYL!
Unread 04-19-2007, 10:52 PM

Hey, Paula,

I am SO steamed over what happened to you!! So sorry that you had to hear about it over the phone, not to mention that they're mailing you a severance package. That is so not right!!! I think it's a very good idea to talk to your lawyer. Even though they haven't come right out and said they're "letting you go," it's implied. I'll betcha anything they said you'd have a job when you came back because they can't fire you when you're out sick. If it's a true reorganization, you wouldn't be the only one out a job. Do you know if there are others in the same boat as you? Are you the low woman on the totem pole? If you're not, and they're keeping folks with less time in than you, then they owe you a reason for letting you go - a very GOOD reason.

Hang in there, GF - we're all behind you. Please do not let this interfere with your recovery. As nogreatmischief said, things happen for a reason. I'm beaming a big hug your way, GF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 04:10 AM

Good Morning Girls.

Nogreatmischief- my thoughts and prayers are with you. The road ahead may be unknown but remember your sisters here are walking with you.

LOL, Groovy....my DH kept wanting me to ask here about 'thinking outside the box'. I too am happy to report things worked just fine as far as the big O....in fact probably a little better that normal....just because it had been so long. Creativity is the name of the game, till May 7th!!

And with that I am off to teach first graders this morning!

Jane
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:32 AM

Just a note: we are on page 100 of posting. My we are a chatty bunch.

Yesterday and today I've had quite a bit of pain internally from the prolapsed rectum repair (I guess thats what it is). Just the deep pain in the tush. Not the same as the nerve damage I had, but similar to what made me talk to the doc in the first place. I don't think I've done any excessive straining with bms. Sometimes with things being fixed its a little hard not to want to become paranoid that somehow I've messed up the recovery.

Hmmm, the big O. Well, creativity is good and does help....you guys crack me up with your openness. Love it.

Nogreatmischief. Pray you are feeling ok this morning. Can't imagine what you are going through, but know how much you are loved. Seems weird that total strangers can bond to the degree we have (I think someone else mentioned that yesterday to Paula). But oh, so true. And I guess we aren't strangers anymore, we're sisters . Just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you today.

Becky
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:36 AM

Ok, I am the 1000th post! Yippee...I think we may have broken a record.

NGM: I am so sorry to hear about the chemo treatments...there is absolutely nothing pleasant about cancer. My thoughts are with you and hopefully we can keep you laughing during your treatment

Bjenkins...I have been severly anemic in the past and the headaches were awful. There is a chance that I have a mild case of it...I'll take a few iron pills and see if its improved.

Distracted1...Congrats on the "O"! I am happy to report that things are still working in the that department as well, and that the more I recover the better it gets. I actaully had a dream about sex last night which hasn't happened since right after the surgery, so that is a good sign. Though I am scared about penetration right now, my mind is starting to relax and be more comfortable with the thought of it happening when the time is right.

Anway, I need to get back to work...enjoy your day and I hope you all fell well and cheery today.

Rabbit
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:38 AM

Nogreatmischief- Just wanted you to I'm thinking of you today.
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:38 AM

Make that the 1001st post... Becky beat me to it !
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:41 AM

Sorry Rabbit, we were typing at the same time and I beat you on being the 1000th post but I'll share the million dollar prize .

Yay to all of us for our support, keeping it real and our love - ya gotta feel it .

Oh yeah, Suzie just made it 400 posts on the other thread so we are rocking.

Becky
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:47 AM

{{nogreatmischief}} I hope the road to recovery has less bumps than that first day.
Hang in there!
Be positive!

teacherjpm
Wow, 1st graders..... I hope your class is well bahaved.
I can never think of kindergarten or 1st grade without thinking of Kindergarten Cop *lol*

suzie-q
I've has gas the past 3 days and can't lay my finger on what I ate for 2 of those days that caused it.

As for sex, the doc cleared me at 2 weeks but we waited a couple more days.
I think it was day 17 of recovery.
Everything was fine
O was rather intense, not sure if from waiting, worrying, or relief that everything still works.
My cervix was still a little tender and I ached a little after, but he was careful.
Slow and easy after discussing my concerns and everything went off without a hitch.
We are still pacing ourselves. I think he has a goal of once a week set *lol*

I got to lay on my left side a little this morning.
So that muscle and incision must be improving
And I got up with the family to send them off to work!

Started the Kegel and have to say, do you have any idea how hard it is to think about which muscle you are moving?
I haven't done these in years but should have kept them up even after I had my kids.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register