Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 140 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Tsk, Tsk, Ladies. I knew I couldn't leave you for a day without trouble brewing! I think I'll just post here to be safe!!! Becky, I appreciate you asking what we are to do. Hopefully, a hostess can set us straight. I think we all agree we still need this connection and would hate to lose members because we 'don't know the rules.' Brain fog is still right here and I sometimes forget what is what. Ditto, that I am not trying to be a rebel, but what difference does it make what we talk about where? The other site is specifically for March 19-26 and we are all friends, right. Just my thoughts.

School was okay today. I am wiped out though and the belly has taken on a life of it's own. Swollen from 'the girls' to the insision. I know I was on my feet way too much but that's how I teach.....not one to sit at my desk and teach from there. Everyone was very nice and seemd glad to have me back. I have very caring coworkers. Kids seemed mostly glad to see me.

I'll check in later. Need to get into comfy pants and put my feet up. Going to make dh do dinner.

Jane
PS:
Paula--what did you find out today? Was thinking about you.

Nogreat---how are you feeling today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Angelic I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. It wasn't enough to wear a pad-just when I wiped first thing in the AM.With all the cycling I've done-nada. Get out of bed and pink!! I took it easy yesterday and no more discharge. Went to cycling class last night and this AM-and I'm ok. Maybe the stitches dissolving??
Unread 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM

Angelic and JPgurl~ I am having the opposite thing happen today, no dicharge what-so-ever. This is my first day without it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherjpm
Tsk, Tsk, Ladies. I knew I couldn't leave you for a day without trouble brewing! I think I'll just post here to be safe!!! Becky, I appreciate you asking what we are to do. Hopefully, a hostess can set us straight. I think we all agree we still need this connection and would hate to lose members because we 'don't know the rules.' Brain fog is still right here and I sometimes forget what is what. Ditto, that I am not trying to be a rebel, but what difference does it make what we talk about where? The other site is specifically for March 19-26 and we are all friends, right. Just my thoughts.

School was okay today. I am wiped out though and the belly has taken on a life of it's own. Swollen from 'the girls' to the insision. I know I was on my feet way too much but that's how I teach.....not one to sit at my desk and teach from there. Everyone was very nice and seemd glad to have me back. I have very caring coworkers. Kids seemed mostly glad to see me.

I'll check in later. Need to get into comfy pants and put my feet up. Going to make dh do dinner.

Jane
PS:
Paula--what did you find out today? Was thinking about you.

Nogreat---how are you feeling today?
notgreat...lol. thanks for asking. feeling side effects from yesterday's chemo...nausea, headache. the pharmacist from the hospital phoned me this afternoon to ask how i was, told me to take tylenol for the headache (tylenol makes me nauseous), which i did, then i took the anti-nausea pill. she also wants me to increase the senokot as i haven't had a b.m. in 2 days! could have more side effects over the w/e, but hoping for the best. i hope this gets easier...the other ladies in the room receiving chemo did fine...it wasn't their first time...they looked completely relaxed!

i'm happy to see that most everyone is doing very well considering what they've been thru and getting back to normal.
Unread 04-20-2007, 05:48 PM

Good evening, Ladies! About those headaches... have you considered that it could be hormones fluctuating? I had several days of headaches in a row (mild, but still) and called my doctor. He started my HRT and now I have them for just an hour or so right after I get up in the morning. After I take my hormones, they go away again. Even if you still have your ovaries, they might be taking some time off.

I'm doing well this week and getting more active every day. Right now that means going out for lunch with a friend and resting in the afternoon and evening. I feel a real turning point though. I have noticed that my "cuff" stitches are feeling a little tender and I think it is because of the increased activity.

My belly is probably more swollen than it has been since the beginning. And it's swollen all the way up to under my breast. At least I think it is swelly belly. I have been eating some treats that friends and family have thoughtfully provided. I don't usually indulge this much, but I have enjoyed them and they may be affecting my weight a little. I can't wait to get back to exercising. Every time I go for a little walk, I get sore and get worried. I'm sure that is normal, but I will feel a lot better after my 6 week checkup.

Nogreatmischief, You are in my thoughts. Typed words are a poor substitute for a hug from a friend, but consider this the best I can do. (((hug)))
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:42 PM

nogreat, sorry to hear about the continued discomfort & nausea. I guess some comfort can be had in that the 'veteran' ladies who were being treated at the same time looked to you to be doing OK. Hopefully that means your body will get used to the treatment soon.

Did any of you notice that some of our posts in the Recovery forum were evidently deleted? Check back to around post 1000. It seems that something earlier has been deleted. I wonder why?

I'm as confused as some of you as to what exactly we shouldn't say over there. I didn't think anything was particularly out of line that was posted earlier today (or any day). I get a lot out of our discussions there.

By the way I finally figured out how to get here quickly. Click on 'Control Panel' near the top of the screen, then page down and show all your subscribed threads. As long as you have made a post here this forum will be listed as a subscribed thread.

Teacher, thank you for the update on work today. I go back Monday and I am very apprehensive about my energy level (and I work with adults, not 6-year-olds!) I appreciate hearing about how you feel and how your day was. Hopefully you can stay off your feet enough for the 'girls' (and everything else) to be rested by tomorrow!
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:44 PM

I had my first catscan since my cancer surgery. Haven't found out about the cancer (whether it's come back or not), however they found a small blood clot in my small bowel. I had to be put on coumadin. It's ALWAYS something, I swear......they told me I had to give myself shots twice a day, and I told them NO WaY, so they gave me pills.
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:45 PM

Hi girls! Feeling decent today. However, I did notice what looked like a small whitehead on my incision. Of course I squeeze everything...but I was very careful. Some 'stuff' came out and then a little blood. From day one I've had no issue with any oozing or discharge - so where in the heck did this come from? Geesh!

My swelly belly is very uncomfortable, too. It definitely gets worse as the day goes on. I tried on a pair of capri's from last year, that are actually a size 10 (I'm normally an 8) and they fit, but were snug. I've lost 5 lbs, so it has to be my tummy!

! Geesh!

Hope everyone is doing well and for those of you who have had a difficult day....here's hoping tomorrow is better!

s Paula
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:00 PM

Hi, everyone!

Well, I had my 4-week post-op appointment today and thought I'd let you know what the doctor said. She said that my incision looks great, and that the "cuff" was healing nicely (yeah, I had the dreaded pelvic, but it wasn't bad at all). No "real" sex for another 2-3 weeks (hubby took that rather well - think he's a little worried himself). She asked about the discharge, and I told her that it had gotten a little heavier this week. She took a sample and is sending it off to be tested. Told her about my tiredness and lack of energy, and she said, "Well, it's only been a month since your surgery!!" She did order a blood test, and I've already gotten my results back - I'm way anemic, more so than before my surgery! Looks like I'll be upping my iron tabs. She was surprised about the insomnia but thinks it's because of my lack of exercise - that maybe right, but I seem to recall days where I really did a lot and still couldn't sleep at night. She offered to give me a prescription for Ambien (?), but I declined - I'll try other stuff first. Asked about my sore butt (since I have a desk job), and she suggested using one of those gel cushions for a little while (that'll be cute). Said that it could have been caused by the way I was positioned during the operation (wow - didn't think it would last that long!). Also asked about the weird bladder feeling - she said that because the bladder is right up against the uterus, it has to be moved out of the way for surgery. It can take a little while for the nerves and such to get back to normal again.

I've been cleared for exercising (low impact stuff, weights no more than 10 lbs total at first). She kinda wanted me to stay home for another couple of weeks (because of the anemia), but I really need to go to this meeting that first week of May. She just told me to "listen to my body." She said that it'll take 2-3 months before I'm feeling 100% overall. It was a pretty good visit . . . .
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:21 PM

Hello, Ladies!

Well, I posted the results of my 4-week post-op on the other board, and am now ready to chit-chat! (do I have it right???)

Went to Parisian to look for a dress for the wedding - found a couple that *might* do, BUT I wanted to let y'all know that Parisian's has all their clearance stuff an additional 80% off!! Woo-hoo!! I picked up a ton of dress slacks and jackets for work - yay! Only spent $70, but my receipt said I "saved" $440! But, boy, was I exhausted when I got home . . . . .

<admin edit: Guidelines require no discussion of possible lawsuits>

nogreatmischief, sending you a hug and hoping that things are easing up for you . . . .

TTYL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register