Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 144 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogreatmischief
hi everyone...i'm still reading each and everyone of your posts. been feeling horrible since chemo on thurs. nausea and vomitting and no appetite...was warned this could happen. meds not working as well as they should. will talk to primary nurse tomorrow as they say no one should suffer from this much nausea. actually feeling somewhat better today, still on the edge though. bored, can't get comfy...boohoo me! on the positive side, my husband has been my angel, reminding me when to take my pills, wash out my mouth with special moutwash, etc. kids are helping out around the house, with dinner, etc. hopefully tomorrow will be better.

i didn't really want to post bad news but there you have it. weather beautiful here in t.o. lots of birds, buds on the trees. keep on improving everyone...sounds like you're doing great!
You've got to post regardless so we know how to pray for and encourage you. I'm sorry you are hurting, but thank God for our dhs that are so wonderful. I do pray you get through this time of your treatment and you have such a wonderful spirit and attitude. Thank you for that. You help me keep my life in perspective.

Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 05:19 PM

thank you clinpic...you are truly a lovely person. i really want to get better but i just know it could be hard for me. so many others "breeze" thru the chemo. i am truly thankful for all i've had in my life...now i have to be braver than ever. i think this nausea will subside in the coming days and i can get help for it next treatment. all of you are in my thoughts and wishing you wonderful days ahead!
Unread 04-22-2007, 05:28 PM

Nogreat- please know my prayers are with you that God will give you the comfort you desire.

Hugs,
Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 05:43 PM

Thanks Lenaise, I happy to hear from someone who is experiencing the same thing I am. I feel the stiffness too, and yes my hubby sometimes forgets that I'm still recovering when he sees me up and going. I too, get very exhausted, after a busy day. The only thing that really bothers me is my bladder pain, it's not that bad, but it's still painful
Unread 04-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherjpm
Nogreat- please know my prayers are with you that God will give you the comfort you desire.

Hugs,
Jane
thankyou teacherjpm for your prayers.
Unread 04-22-2007, 06:21 PM

Hi ladies...I've been keeping up with everyone's posts. Sounds like most of us are having more better days. And wow! many of you are heading back to work! Take it easy!

I have come down with a terrible cold and wow is it difficult to cough and sneeze after TAH. Surgery wise I am feeling better each day. Lots of sweely belly and I am bleeding from one spot at the incision. But the overall is better.

Hope you all have a restful night!
Unread 04-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Nogreat...just wanted you to know I am thinking of you tonight!

I will be thinking of the rest of you who said you would be heading off to work tomorrow.

I am going to drive my three little ones to preschool tomorrow...first time to drive. But then the house will be quite for 2 hrs. Usually I clean during that time but I think I will just rest.

Hoping everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Unread 04-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Hi Ladies..

Its been a busy weekend so I just wanted to give a quick recovery update. Tomorrow will be the beginning of week 6...I can't believe it. I ventured out for a few hours Friday and Sat. evening....my first times since the surgery. Both nights it was way too much and I woke up nauseated and restless this morning. I am just not ready.

Since I am back working I wanted to make the most of my weekend so I kept myself busy cleaning the house and working in the yard. Unfortuantely, I am really feeling it tonite. Lots of pulling and shooting pains near the vag-cuff. I am in bed and hoping I can sleep tonite. I also should mention that I too have "pee shivers" from bladder sensitivity...the trade-off is that I can go for severqal housr before going to the bathroom

Sleep tight.

My best, Rabbit
Unread 04-22-2007, 07:55 PM

Hi Ladies!

Nogreatmischief, so sorry you're feeling ill from the chemo. Sending you a big hug and the hopes that tomorrow will be a better day.

Becky - glad to hear you were able to enjoy church and sing your sweet little heart out. I desperately need to get my tush back there...

Georgia....you ain't kiddin about our teenagers. I'd never think of speaking to my parents at 13 the way my son speaks to me. Sometimes I think it's because we've been one and one since he was 4 and there's such a fine line between being a parent and being a friend. I know he doesn't speak with his father that way!

DS, BF and I had dinner with BF's his mom tonight. She made a yummy shrimp and linguine dish. It's taken her a while to get used to the fact that I'm so much older then her son, but I think she might be coming around. If not, her loss.

To all of you who are going back to work or working, stay strong and listen to your bodies. If you're tired, come home and rest. Don't be foolish and push yourselves......trust me, most employers won't notice the effort. They only notice what you don't do right.

Love ya's, Paula
Unread 04-22-2007, 08:06 PM

Good evening ladies,
Well took it easy today, some friends came over for a bit, just relaxed. DH got take out from Buca Di Beppo, great Italian food, he didn't want me to worry about cooking, I'm pretty cool w/that...

Georgiascuba: Thanks for the reminder that we all have a different healing pace, guess I needed it
Good luck on returning to work tomorrow, hope all goes well, take it easy. Let us know how it goes.
Lucky you BTW, "getting it on w/ DH", I'm looking forward to it but still nervous.

Nogreatmischief: I will keep you in my ers, I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time.
Keep us in the know w/ your healing process, I hope everything turns out well.

Bionic: I hope you have some helpful friends & family close by to offer a helping hand. I certainly admire you along w/ all the other ladies who are doing this alone! I can't imagine, especially the 1st month...YIKES!!!
So why is your healing extended? Did you have complications, or is it the type of procedure? I would have thought the laproscopic would be easy to heal from, especially since there's no incision. I think it's really cool they can even do an "H" w/ just 4 little hole, technology, right?! Take it easy, rest, rest ,rest...

Emailchick: Maybe DH doesn't know what the healing time is for an "H". Even though you can be up & about doing little things he needs to know that you aren't "all better". My DH actually insists that I take a nap every afternoon, I feel like a little kid, but i know it's because he wants me to heal. Rest & relax, this is your time to be pampered!

Bas4cas: I hope that cold of yours gets better, sounds like you need extra pampering, hope you get it!!
Take care of yourself, get better soon.

Tc231: Good luck w/ the new Dr., I will pray that all goes well. What happened w/ the other? Just curious...
Let us know how it goes.

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend, kinda sounds like it. Thanks again for the kind reminders everyone, I'm not so bummed any more. I just need to remember that we're all unique in our circumstances & healing processes. I guess God decided to work on my patience a bit... LOL I can't wait to get back to normal, but I guess that's up to Him!

It's awesome that we can be such a support for each other

Your Hyster Sister,
KimberJ

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register