Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 145 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hellooooo Sisteritas..

No Great, I am so sorry to hear that your chemo is causing you to feel icky. My thoughts are with you and hopefully we can continue to shed some humor on this site to keep you laughing...afterall, laughter is the best medicine.

Speaking of humor, I have a funny and unique story to tell about what i did on Saturday nite. A dear friend of mine called me out of the blue Sat. afternoon ( I haven't seen or talked to her since Christmas) and invited me to a "Sex Toys" party. Apparantly, they are pretty popular out here. The lady hosting the party lived near me, so I thought it would be fun to check out...since that magical 6 week point is rapidly approaching and I could safely buy some cooter cream (aka noo-noo lube) and save myself the embarassment of purchasing it at the local drugstore, where I am sure to run into my boss or something You know how that goes....

So, I went and had a few glasses of wine and learned a lot about the latest and greatest in sex gadgits, creams, lubes, and body butters. Wow, I had no idea!!!! All in all, some people are shy about these types of things, but it was done really tasteful and was a lot of fun. It definitely helped me get my mind back into the "bedroom". Perfect Timing. There were also several ladies there who have had hysterectomies and were very supportive.

My hubby is on an international trip, so I left him a message and told him that there were a few surprises waiting for him when he got home. He is so excited I'm kinda lookin' forward to it too.

Anyway, sweet dreams my friends.

Rabbit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Rabbit: Take it easy girl, I can't believe you were cleaning house! OUCH I hope you do not have a physically demanding job, maybe your boss will be easy on you this week. I will pray that you feel better in the AM after a good nights sleep. REST, REST, REST...
Take care of yourself!
KimberJ
Unread 04-22-2007, 10:25 PM

Hello to all:

I have been gone for several days, and I wanted to update on my progress! My Granpa had a heart attack on Wednesday and we drove 10 hours to be there with him. He is doing great now. They put in more stents, hope they hold up. He's 80 and going for 100! Anyway, the LONG drive was probably too much for me as I had just had my repair on Monday. I did pretty well until yesterday driving home, and I have had severe abdominal pains that come and go. I also have chills without fever (at least I don't think I've had fever - according to DH feeling of my forehead!), I have had body aches, joint aches, and started spotting red on my toilet tissue again. I plan to call the doctor first thing in the morning and go in or go to the urgent care clinic. I am in severe pain at times, and my tummy hurts if I even barely press it. I had LAVH, so I only had tiny abdominal incisions that have felt fine since the day after surgery. This pain is horrible, and makes me cry. I have been taking Gas-X to see if that helps, it hasn't yet. I am not constipated. I don't have a clue what this is.

Hope all of you are having a good night, I'll let you know when I get back from the doctor!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 02:09 AM

Good Monday morning All ....

Dear me Superwife - I think you've been taking your name too literally - even tho there's not much to be seen of the work the surgeon does - (with me it's a thin red line from side to side of the very top of the fuzzy wuzzy area ((lets not mention that trouble spot again...)) - but there are layers and layers of healing to do - you're very wise to check with the doctor - let us know how you get on.

Went to bible meeting yesterday morning - sat for two hours on a 'granny chair' with two cushions and I was still in so much pain across the inscision and in the undercarriage toward the end - plus which the usual stiffness set in and the DH had to physically pull me up for the last song - I was just locked in a chair shape. What on earth is going to happen when I'm back at my desk for 6 hours ?

I did some light gardening yesterday and don't feel any the worse but I think my hormones are playing tricks on me - I use an Estrogen gel rubbed in the tummy every morning - but I woke at 5am today and was sooo hot and dizzy (how can you be dizzy and light-headed lying down ?) - anyway - I rubbed the gel in and the feeling slowly went away - has anyone else had this problem ?? - I'm trying to get the balance right of this stuff before going back to work - I don't want to go all dizzy and pass out in front of everyone again - that's why I ended up in hospital in the first place !

Right - I'm off for some retail therapy with my daughter - my skirt fell down yesterday in front of everyone at the meeting - to add to my stiffness and other problems - poor DH didn't know what to deal with first ! So I think another couple of skirts in a smaller size or with better belts are in order - don't you girls ? (and shoes to match .. of course )

Hugs to All - we'll get there - don't worry xxxx
Unread 04-23-2007, 08:54 AM

re: KimberJ Post #1023
"Bionic: So why is your healing extended? Did you have complications, or is it the type of procedure? I would have thought the laproscopic would be easy to heal from, especially since there's no incision. I think it's really cool they can even do an "H" w/ just 4 little hole, technology, right?! Take it easy, rest, rest ,rest... "

A Hysterectomy is the same whether laproscopic or not. The incisions may be smaller but there are 3-4 of them each 1-2 inches .. And if you had a retractor or trocar injury to the muscle that is not fun either. More important is the fact that the same amount of cutting and stiching went on INSIDE someone who had it this way versus the "full cut". There is less tension on these small incisions than the one big one which is why they say the healing is faster on that portion.. Everything else is the same. I'm so tired of people thinking we should be automatically healed. And I am no lightweight.. went back to work with child #1 after 1 week and child # 2 at two weeks.. I'm no lightweight. It's just not an easy operation regardless how one does it.
Unread 04-23-2007, 08:54 AM

Hey to all my Sisters!
I've read all your posts and sounds like everyone is progressing some slower than others...
Nogreatmischief: I'm sorry that you are feeling so much nausia, you are always in my prayers.
Superwife: You need to slow down and rest!!! Glad to hear that your Grandpa is ok.
Emailchick: WELCOME!
I just got back from a weekend retreat with my sister and I over did it! I have been bleeding all of a sudden and haven't had blood for two weeks, so I know I over did it, but it didn't feel like I had done anything. But I did try the light jogging that my DR said I could try so maybe that was what did it. I'm going to wait to try that again!

I start to work today at 1pm (half days) hopefully I can handle 4 hours. If not, I'm going home.
TTYL!
B
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:55 AM

Hi ladies!

Superwife - go to the doctors!!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Brenda, sorry to hear you're seeing blood. I'd give the doctor a shout to see if there's anything you need to do, or possibly need to see him.

Lenaise....don't like hearing that you're in so much pain. Have you contacted the doctor? Also, the dizziness - could it be from anemia? Please let us know and feel better!!!

I'm doing well. The past few days I've noticed that I don't require a nap and can actually stay up passed 9 pm! I have tried on a few pairs of capris from last year and while they fit, they're a tad tight in the belly area. This surprises me since I've lost almost 5 lbs. Guess it's still from surgery. Haven't been sleeping well and I'm thinking of contact my doctor for a sleep aid - as much as I hate to do that.

I hope everyone has a better day tomorrow.

s Paula
Unread 04-23-2007, 12:39 PM

Hi everyone it's great to read everyones updates!

It's up and down for me like everyone else here....the pink spotting has stopped...it only lasted 2 days...very light and only when I wiped, none on panty liner....I think it may have been my bodies way of saying "slow down", my belly is still pretty swelly, and BM are very painful in a gassy kind of way I really think it's got to do more with diet than anything....my incision is behaving, no more burning sensation as of late....I've been using the Vit E oil on it.... some days I have more energy than others, and on the days I do, I use it to the fullest, and the days I don't, I just lay low!

So thats my update...keep yours coming ladies...it's only uphill from here *winks*!!!

See ya on the other thread!

((hugs))

Angie
Unread 04-23-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberJ

Bionic: I hope you have some helpful friends & family close by to offer a helping hand. I certainly admire you along w/ all the other ladies who are doing this alone! I can't imagine, especially the 1st month...YIKES!!!
So why is your healing extended? Did you have complications, or is it the type of procedure? I would have thought the laproscopic would be easy to heal from, especially since there's no incision. I think it's really cool they can even do an "H" w/ just 4 little hole, technology, right?! Take it easy, rest, rest ,rest...

Your Hyster Sister,
KimberJ

Hi KimberJ

Thank you for your kind words...

The reason why I've to take things slower is as I have a Connective Tisue Disease which causes abnormalities in Skin, Ligaments and Internal Organs. When my organs were removed my Gynae said they were very fragile and almost collapsed in his hands.

I also suffer from Addison's Disease which means I'm Steroid Dependant and any surgery is perilous so I have to have very high-dose Intravenous Steroids during surgery and a few days afterwards and have to take this major surgery as a warning sign to be extra careful...easier said than done when you live alone but my family and friends are close by
Unread 04-23-2007, 03:27 PM

Hi everyone! I had my first day of work today. I actually made it for 8 hours, though I was getting pretty tired for the last hour. I'm home relaxing now - no one else is here yet, so it's nice and quiet. At work I mostly sat at my desk, and drank 2 quarts of water while I was there. The sitting and water drinking kept the belly in line (i.e. in my waistband and not bulging out!) The surgical area did hurt off and on through the day (same as when I'm not at work) but I took some acetaminophen and I was able to concentrate fairly well. All-in-all not too bad but I am definitely glad to be home relaxing with my Swelly Belly Band now.

Bionic, I didn't realize you were going through so much. You were very brave to face this surgery with all of the challenges!

superwife, you poor thing, I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope you do get to the doctor today as well, you've got all the symptoms they told me to call in with, I'll be thinking about you.

Lenaise, I like your idea of therapy, I hope you rewarded the princess! Wouldn't want any more clothes to fall off at the wrong time (and expose our new nether-hairs or lack thereof... )

Jazzy, any more news on that package from your boss? (sorry if you've written in the other forum, I'll check there next)

Angelic, I suggest eating yogurt regularly for the gas, I've been dutifully eating 8oz per day and since about Day 10 I've been gas-free. (if not... today at work would have been very embarrassing, I'm trying not to picture it now!)

Take care everyone!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register