Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 147 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hello, everyone. I went back to work for my first day, today. I only work 4 1/2 hours a day. I sure am tired. I wish I would have found this site before I had my surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 05:46 PM

hi everyone: today better than yesterday. dh worked from home to take care of me. have been posting on the cancer concerns forum and have found people who have tried the newest in anti-nausea meds so going to look into that. spent sometime out on our deck, walked up and down the stairs a few times for the exercise. read a chapter in the book i'm reading as an obligation (gift) and stayed up most of the day. watched "the view", "y&r", "amc" and "oprah"...most t.v. in weeks...at least i'm awake. still getting these awful gas pains, probably in anticipation of diarrhea part of chemo. taking gas x, not helping much. heating up my magic bag and putting over abdomen helping a little. feel free to offer suggestion!

thanks for your prayers...i am feeling better. (down 25 lbs. so must find a solution to eating and keeping it down).
Unread 04-23-2007, 05:50 PM

Thanks for the thoughts concerning the little ones...I couldn't have made it through this without my DM and of course my DH...they are the best!

I will be thinking of you Becky as you head to the surgeons office on Wed. Please let us know as soon as you find out something more. hugs and prayers...
Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic
Rabbit you are very brave to share that experience. Not sure I would have been capable .

Nogreatmischief, feeling any better today? Take it easy dear friend.

Jane, guilt is not an option while in recovery...behave and let your body tell you what is necessary.

Paula, any news on the job? How's ds doing? I relate to wanting to thump the loving daylights out of boys. Trust me.

Bas4cas, Kim and the rest of you with little ones > I have nothing but admiration for you going through this and still being mommy to your babies. My kids are all older and I know I haven't had a whole lot to give.

I'm going in Wednesday to see a general surgeon and find out if I need my gallbladder out asap. Hey what's one more thing to recover from while I need to get ready for graduation?

Distracted1 still waiting to see you back here

I'm missing the rest of you, so if you are still reading the posts, take ten seconds and say hi. Please?
Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 05:55 PM

welcome to this forum ttm. good for you back to work, enjoy the 4 hrs a day and try to benefit by relaxing when you get home. don't take your health for granted...like all of us, you will soon be completely healed and better than ever.
Unread 04-23-2007, 06:30 PM

Clinpic~ I am here, I had a busy weekend. Hubby had all sorts of plans and I was kind of supervising from the deck soaking up some sun. Yesterday I think I did a little much, it was nice and after spending the evening outside with my neighbor we went for a walk around the block. A very hilly block I might add and today I have the pulling pain on my right side! So, I didn't spend much time on here in the last couple of days!

Nogreat~ I am sorry to hear that you are having to go through Chemo too. I hope the side affects don't become to much. I will keep you in my prayers

To everyone else, I just don't have the brain power to address each of you individually as some of my incredible sisters can. I hope the healing progresses well for each of you and that your lives will allow you to heal like you need to!
Unread 04-23-2007, 06:35 PM

Ladies...have a restful evening! My thoughts are with you all!

This nasty cold has absolutely wiped me out! I'm off to bed!

Good night!
Unread 04-23-2007, 06:47 PM

Distracted - Brain power? Who has any of that left at our ages? My son used to tell me that I'd lose brain cells when I drank wine. Little does he know that I don't have many left to begin with!

Sisters....wow, lots been going on in the past day. My internet connection is driving me crazy! Seems Verizon DSL needs a revamping.

Nogreat - hope you're feeling a bit better.......feel so bad about what you're going through. I can't imagine having gone through surgery and now have to endure chemo. Rest up and take care of yourself. rincess:

Rabbit.....you naughty girl! My friend also had a party, however I was unable to attend. I did order 'an item' and let's just suffice it to say that when BF is on business, well......no explanations necessary!

Becky - had sent an email to the HR rep at work about the "terminated due to poor work peformance" paragraph. Today I received a very apologetic phone call saying that the agreement was a generic one and that paragraph should have been changed. YA THINK? So, they're sending me a new one. Gotta wonder who's not doing their job over there? Made feel a bit better. Please keep me posted on the gall bladder issue. Hopefully, if you need it removed, it will be less of an invasive procedure then the hysterectomy.

Didn't do too much today. NJ was 84 degrees. TOO for this time of year. Geesh, last week we were in the 40's. It's no wonder everyone gets sick. Would much prefer to go into warmer weather more slowly.

TTM - . Nice to have you join our family of sister. This is a great place to visit. Tons of information at your disposal. The ladies are very entertaining!!!

Cindy, wow you have your hands full. You have my utmost respect!

Well girls.....going to say good night. Hanging with DS & BF for a bit and then going to bed. Sweet dreams to all my sisters.

Chat soon. Love ya's! s Paula
Unread 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerSnap123
Isn't is strange how strongly we all feel about each other after only posting back and forth for only a few weeks.
And this is why we stick closely to these boards...much to the chagrin of our hostesses. I understand their point, and maybe in a couple of months I'll branch out. Right now, we need the group that already knows us and the women who are in the same (basically) place in recovery. We have shared our hearts and souls, probably more than with our DH or any other people in our lives.

Well put GingerSnap!
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:09 PM

That's OK KimberJ.. I amsorry I was on such a tirade.. may be my hormonal swings, which we maybe all have had lately and now at times I just take things way too seriously, least I hope that is the reason for it. Be glad when I am on a more even keel. I think also that I have been so disgusted with the long recovery. Like I said I used to bounce back much better than this has been. It's wearing on me. Have a good night.
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:16 PM

Hey everybody,

Hope you're all doing well! I'm sorry for not being on much the past couple of days - been kinda busy. Went shopping yet again yesterday for a dress for the wedding, and I think I may have found it! Yay!! However, overdid it and was really sore, tired and cranky last night. Couldn't sleep, not even with sleep aids, and had a headache all day today. Ugh. Like a lot of y'all, I'm really getting tired of this. This is NOT me. But I've got to admit, this has been a good learning experience. I’ve actually learned that I can’t do it all and I’ve also learned that some things can wait and others can be put off forever if necessary!

Worried about going back to work next week especially since I'll be traveling and in meetings. It's not like I can just walk out and go home. Just have to see how this week goes, I guess . . . . .

Hope you're all having a great evening!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register