Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 155 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

I love you gals - y'all are great!! I was feeling so down in the dumps, but then Jane comes up with that hilarious "gas" story and then Rabbit entertains us with her husband's antics . . . . Oh, man - y'all made my day!

Jazzy and Distracted - I, too, thought my jaw pain was from clenching my teeth at night. However, the dentist told me that I had cracked a molar (have no idea how - maybe from clenching my teeth too hard???) and I'm now scheduled for an emergency root canal tomorrow. ICK. I've never had anything like this done before, and I've got to admit I'm a big baby when it comes to dental work. However, I am WOMAN and I've survived a hysterectomy!! Bring it on!! (not . . . . . .) Thank goodness I had some pain killers left over from my surgery.

Jazzy, hope you get cleared for takeoff!!! My doc told me to hold off on doing the deed for another 2-3 weeks. The "cuff" still hasn't healed totally.

Welcome, freedomlady07! This is a great site and the ladies on this board are wonderful! It's comforting to know that others are dealing with the same issues I am.

Rabbit - so glad you made it safely through the storm!! How scary!!

Well, I'm heading off to bed and my heating pad. Take care - have a great evening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 06:06 PM

I have GREAT NEWS--the "questionable nodule" turned out to be a major artery crossing a vein which made it "appear" as a nodule-THANK THE GOOD LORD!!!! I am still working on the blood clot. Have to go in for more bloodwork on Friday and I'm still on Coumadin. I am feeling great though. Almost five weeks out. I went back to work this past Monday and everything with that is fine. I just find that if I sit for too long and then I get up, my innards feel like they might fall out, ha ha....I've been walking the treadmill (with doc's ok)...l walked 2.5 miles tonight!!! I can't lift weights for a while though. It's just good to get some exercise. I was exercising five times a week (hard core, lifting and lots of cardio before this all happened).....I've gained back 15 of the 65 I'd lost, which is a bummer, but I know I can do it, I've done it before and I'll sure do it again!!! I got a book about mourning your reproductive organs. I think my hormones made me feel bad about not being able to have kids, because after my hyst, I thought "OMG what if I've missed my big chance" and it's taken me five weeks to remember that "no, you didn't want kids BEFORE this"....your hormones play a huge part. I had my ovaries out and it was NOT fun. I'm a little more on an even keel, but I have to see a new doctor for HRT (since the dr who did my hyst. turned out to be a real D^#$%. Well that's my update for now. Hope everyone is doing well. Luvs2Quilt had her surgery on Monday. Hope she's doing well!!! Talk to you all soon!! hugs!!!
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:15 PM

bionic, did you experience a lot of crying and depression after you had your ovaries out? I did. It's getting better, but the depression/anxiety factor is still on my shirtsleeve, just waiting to come out and play....any thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 06:41 PM

Evening Ladies---

Trying to stay awake for Idol....but I don't know if that is going to happen.

Glad you guys got a laugh over my gas story. That's one reason I have to go to work....so I can blame someone on my toots!! Maybe I could write a book....call it something like "My Teacher Toots!" or what was that word Lenaise used?? Kids often think we teachers don't do anything like normal people.........shop, eat, sleep, toot!

Rabbit---I too appreciate that kind of humor...think it has to do with being around young children. I could write another book about all the things they say and do. I think that's a big part of why I love my job...6 year old bathroom humor!!! LOL I used to have a book called "Everybody Poops". Kids thought it was hysterical.

Angie---Love Robert Munsch...Love You Forever is my favorite. Thomas' Snowsuit is great too!

I am starting to feel better about my half days.....so much so that I might ask for a few more of them. I really feel like I was much more effective this am than I was on Monday afternoon. 26 days of school left and end of the year testing is coming up.

Well, Ladies as always hope all can sleep well tonight. Blessing to you all.
Love,
Jane
Unread 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM

Sorry this is so brief but I had to jump in. TC, I'm so glad to hear about the nodule, thanks for letting us know!!!

OK, I'm tired, off to bed for this princess! Take care everyone...
Unread 04-25-2007, 07:30 PM

Suzie Q ((hugs)) on the tooth issue. Good luck tomorrow. My tooth issue ended up being from my bite wing that I wear at night becuase I grind. Apparently sometime after surgery I ground part of it off and it's cracked and no longer sits on my teeth right causing the one tooth to be sensitive. I'll have to go to the dentist and get a new one and my teeth cleaned. I've been avoiding it because I know I have more cracks in my teeth and receding gums-don wanna think what he's going to do. I'd rather have a hysterectomy again. I hate having my teeth worked on.
Finally started eating half way decent. I don't like cooking just for me-heck I don't like cooking period-but today I decided that if I wanted to get back into race (not like I really race) performance shape I'd better start eating right. Going to try some light weights tomorrow after cycling class. I may go outdoor riding this weekend-my 6 post op is next week and I think he'll clear me anyway. Take care and nighty night.
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
speechless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit757
P.S.

Jane..... I love the "gas" story...absolutely precious...LOL!

I am one of those weird people that thinks anything to do with expelling any kind of gas from our bodies is hysterical.

At my office, there is a group of grown men that try to "out-fart" each other on a daily basis. When I used to work at the office, I would literally hear the sound of a fart, then an "Oh man, that was gross!", followed by the sound of an aersol can spraying. EVERY DAY!!! I have to admit it was gross, but kinda funny too!
i am just speechless...lol!!
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:16 PM

Rabbit, I'm with you. Farting, or whatever you wish to call it makes me hysterical! Jane that is such a funny story. First graders? Thank the Lord that at their age ignorance is definitely bliss!

If that were me doing it, I'd have had a hard time not laughing myself silly! Too funny!!!!

Men find farting an art. My brother is a fireman and I swear they could out fart anyone. Not only do they rate the sound but the smell!

Thanks for the laugh!
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:24 PM
emotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC231
bionic, did you experience a lot of crying and depression after you had your ovaries out? I did. It's getting better, but the depression/anxiety factor is still on my shirtsleeve, just waiting to come out and play....any thoughts on this?
hi tc231...i must be having a delayed reaction because about 2 days ago i began to get emotional, crying over things that normally i wouldn't. now anything i see on t.v., i break into tears (and i've been in menopause for 5 or 6 yrs.), so i don't know if loss of my ovaries has anything to do with it or not.

i wonder if maybe we are crying for ourselves, not so much for the organs we lost, but from the good health that we may have lost, maybe some of our youth. we have all been thru so much, the surgery, the pain, the diagnosis, it's not surprising we feel so fragile and vulnerable. let's hope that it's true, and we know that it is, time heals. i realize that we are both unique individuals; however, we do share a lot.

and you, with your new possible diagnosis, i don't blame you for feeling the way you do. just don't let it overtake you...remember you are strong, you are woman! (i guess i'm aging myself there...lol).

please take care of yourself and keep us posted.
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:00 PM

nogreat...no, you're not aging yourself, you're speaking the truth. Women go through far more changes then men and we 'keep on truckin'. Most men in our situations would have crawled in a hole. No offense to men, it's just that we definitely have the ability to overcome what they cannot. Heck, we outlive them, don't we?

I agree, we may be crying for ourselves. I know that before my surgery I felt my uterus/cervix defined me as a young woman. Having them removed made me face the fact the I was aging.....but it doesn't have to be a negative thing because the way we were prior wasn't healthy. The vines have been pruned and we're on to sprouting new buds......

TC231 - I'm so happy to hear the nodule they saw was nothing serious. Keep up the positive attitude
......we're here for you!

mroberts....that's my issue. While I have no issue falling to sleep (sooner or later) I end up waking up and then find it difficult to get back to sleep. I've watched the clock far too many times to date. I'd like to try a sleep aid, but hate taking meds.

Anyway, sweet ones to all of you who are still awake.

Catch you in the morning. Much love, Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register