Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 159 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Good Morning ladies,

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive & healing. Sorry that I haven't post in a while. Lots of things going on here at home with DH & I. We are really trying to work things out & some of the days have been rough.
I am healing very well & fast. I still have to rest at times but all in all every day get better.
I see the doctor next Wed & hopefully I can resume all od my normal activities. I've lost 17 lbs now and I really need to start exercising to tone it all up.
I pray that you all have a Blessed day.
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 08:00 AM
We Share The Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogreatmischief
hi bjenkins...we share the same hysterectomy date. that part of me feels quite fine, although i have been taking it physically very easy, just walking in my house and up and down the stairs, a few floor exercises i started yesterday. seems i have to have a lot of small, soft b.m.'s, but gas pains gone. lost 25 lbs.

so the difference between you and me is that physically, you are doing much better. mentally, i'm wired...lol...i think because of the pre-chemo steroids i was given. i've been wide awake every day since day 4 post chemo. yesterday i only lay down for 15 min., the other days 1 hour and still had to take an atavin to fall asleep. up every morning at 8. the last 2 days have been doing light work, ie. emptying the d.w., small load of laundry, setting the table, getting lunch for father-in-law and taking it downstairs...nothing remotely heavy.

you are definitely not losing your mind...your body is still healing...maybe your mind is telling you to slow down on the activity a little. i hope you are eating healthy and not overdoing it. we are all unique in our recovery, our ages, and our activity before the surgery so don't be surprised if some are further ahead than others. i sure wish i had your physical energy!! take care and have a great day!
Hey Fellow March 22nd er,
I feel guilty for whining now, look at what you have going on, you are an inspiration to all of us. You are going through chemo and I'm complaining about loosing my mind, I need a good smack!

Yes I am eating very healthy, and I don't think I'm overdoing it either, I think maybe the lack of focus is probably due to hormonal issues (I'm blaming everthing on this) If I want my DH to go get me Sushi, I tell him I am craving it because of the hormones, when really I just want Sushi hee hee, it works! I found out 23 years ago when I married him that not everthing works for sympathy, but female issues have always worked with him.

NoGreat, I will try to send you some of my energy through the computer waves ... there did you get a jolt?

Hope you are feeling better soon, and that you have no more roadblocks on your road to recovery. Hugh Hugs!
Unread 04-27-2007, 08:03 AM

Lori,
Nice to hear from you, I hope everthing is going good for you. Congratulations on the 17lbs, was this all from the LTH, or are you doing something else?
Welcome back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Happy B-Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Good morning, ladies! It's my 39th birthday and there is sunshine and blue skies here in Austin, and I'm just grateful to be alive and healthy and recovering well! Today is certainly a blessing!

bjenkins, I can't believe you are JOGGING already! I just went for a walk and am convinced I will never, ever be able to run again. Now you are my inspiration. I will have to try.

We will see if tonight hubby and I take the plunge and do the dirty deed. I feel like a virgin again, although I don't remember if I was this scared the first time!

Everyone feel better, enjoy your day and remember to see the blessings in life.
Happy Birthday to you Wow 39, I can't even remember 39 anymore it seems like 100 years ago for me. Enjoy being 30 something!

You are shocked that I'm jogging and I'm shocked that you are going to do the nasty with your hubby, I can't even think about that right now. funny how we are all in different places.
Happy B-Day Hug!
Unread 04-27-2007, 08:35 AM

Becky,
You crack me up, what a visual, you surrounded by farting men and dogs, I bet you are good at holding your breath!

I can't believe you are painting, what's wrong with you girl? You just had surgery and you may need another one! What are we going to do with you?

I can relate with the colonoscopy and the prep is much worse than the actual procedure. No wonder people conveniently forget to have this very important test done when they should. I'm proud of your DH for doing this. I used to work for a Gastroenterologist so I've seen people who refused to be tested come in with late stage colon ca, not funny.

I hope all goes well at the appt today. You are in my prayers. Stay away from the paint and wallpaper, rest your arse!
Unread 04-27-2007, 09:26 AM

Holy cow, where do I start....there's been a lot of traffic in here

I want to thank all of you sweet ladies for your kind words, advice and friendship....it means so much to me

I have to say it has been challenging with a pre schooler while recovering, and I give tons of credit to all of you who have more then 1 small child going through this, and especially those of you who have had added burdens, as chemo, and new babies, other medical conditions...I really have no room to complain!

I have a baby shower for a good friends ds on Sunday, so been out shopping for a new baby girl, so much fun, since I have two boys, I jump at the opportunity to shop for baby girls...it was fun to get out by myself, and do some shopping, yes I slipped a few things in there for myself, like a watch, sunglasses, and other small goodies yayyy for me ha ha ha.... I am also helping with the shower , so will be busy setting things up and such...should be a lot of fun!

DH had a couple bad days...he neglected to wear his saftey glasses in the shop and got a piece of steel in his eye, he ended up at the emergency, where they could only take out a bit of it, so gave him some antibiotic, and numbing dropts and made an appointment for him with an opthomologist the next morning. On his way to that appointment, some guy rams into his truck, he then has to spend all this time taking care of that. He finally makes it to his appointment, where the dr successfully removes the piece of steel, thank goodness!

nogreat...it is hard soemtimes to imagine that our little ones will be potty trained one day and become great Engineers one day, thanks for the support and your wonderful advice!

How are your emotions going these days? I have been on an emotional roller coaster as well, I think its a combination of everything we have endured and are enduring. Although it brought tears to your eyes, how nice to see your nephew in such bloom on facebook...and what a wonderful family you have!

Have fun on Tues...it's nice to have a place like that to go to when going through such trying times...whatever wig you choose , it will look marvelous my dear...btw, I had no idea that you can not eat fruits, veggies or salads during treatments...learn something new everyday!

Distracted...thanks so much for offering to share your talent and knowlege of making such great make ahead dinners...I will be PM'ing you soon, I felt a great weight off my shoulders when I read your reply....how awesome are you to do this for 80 people at church...you are a super Gem

Becky...I have done the silliest things too...in the washer, I put tide where the softner goes and softner where the tide should be.... I put things in the refridgerater that don't belong there, I start one thing and then move onto another, not to mention I can't remember that someone called me or here

Too funny about your dh saying his "butt hurts" now he can relate a bit....my DH is going for a colonoscopy in June....it is a 6 month wait here actully his whole family is going for one, as his brother was diagnosed with colon cancer, and had surgery, and chemo for it, his dad also has prostate cancer, so double wahmmy for dh...it'll be yearly screening from here on in.

Good luck with your U/S tomorrow, I hope whatever it is, you won't need a procedure, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Hi Miette...so nice to hear from you, sorry your little ones have been sick...when they are sick, the world stops, I know...I also find myself with cramps when I get upset, funny how our bodies react to stress...glad that the ibuprofen is helping...take care hon!

Jane...glad to hear your tooting is under comtrol hahahaha...if I don't watch what I eat...its, toot toot for me as well!

Sorry this was soooo long winded, thats what happens when you miss a couple days...Hi to everyone that I missed....luv ya girls...take care!

((hugs))

Angie
Unread 04-27-2007, 09:51 AM

Hi laides...nothing much new to report here, feeling pretty good, just a little heaviness when I overdo it, and the big swelly belly still haunts me...I really need to get some good execise in soon...my 6 week post-op is on May 3rd (next Thurs) time has flown, even if all checks out, I am thinking of waiting the full 8 weeks before I have intercourse or do heavy duty exercising!

Good to hear from you Lori...wtg on your 17 pound weight loss...hope you get the all ok to start toning it all up!

Freezia....everyone heals at their own pace, I am sure things will fall into place soon...try not to stress over it, stress can really hinder the recovery and make our bodies not work properly...hang in there

mroberts...fortunately I have not much problem falling to sleep and stay alseep most nights...I think its taking care of a pre-schooler all day just done tuckers me out...hope your internal clock adjusts itself soon!

Lenaise...wow no driving for 6 weeks...I would agree that it would be due to the drugs involved and of course the scatter brain after anestesia...well at least for me haha...I have been driving since week 3, not very often though, and I find myself sometimes day dreaming, not a good thing!

jazzy....hope you had a safe trip to Ohio...have lots of fun, and remember to take care of the Princess!

bjenkins... I can't focus or concentrate like before surgery as well...this happened with every surgery I've had when I went under anestesia....so I beleive its par for the course and will definitley get better with time just like our bodies...glad to hear that the bleeding has gone...it's uphill from here...keep your chin up!

Ginger...I have not experienced the sun burning sensation I do get sharp pains a lot...sometimes in the incision, and sometimes inside...and my energy level goes up/down depending on the day...seems like a normal recovery process...I have avoided walking my dog, as he pulls and is 50 pounds, I don't think the pullin would be good for the internal recovery!

Rabbit...rest really makes a difference...after a good nights sleep, I feel like I can take on the world, then I get up, and start my day, and things start to cramp up a bit...but getting better everyday...so glad that the discharge has stopped for you, I don't think you'll be seeing any more of that ever again!

kimberJ...its better to be safe then sorry with your incision...glad it was not an infection...keeping things nice and dry is not an easy task sometimes...the numb and tingling feeling can last quite a long time...I had another incision which my gyn cut along for my hys, and it was numb/tingling too, the numbness never really went away, but didn't notice it unless it was touched, there was actually no sensation at all...so now you have some answers about the condition of your uterus...hope this helps your healing process....remember to take good care on your mattress hunting tomorrow!

Lenaise....our bodies are so forgiving...thank the Lord...I can cross my legs, not for long though...I like to curl up on the couch and such, and that even gives me grief...have fun on the bus ride, and ejoy your lunch with dh!

Ok ladies...time to do some housework...I've neglected it long enough, and ds is going stir crazy...take care all

Angie
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:06 AM

Hello all. It's really encouraging to hear how you're all doing , especially those around the 19th (my date!). I was surprised to hear about all your follow up appointments. It made me ring the hospital today, but I was told they don't do follow ups and I should contact my GP to ask to see them. I've had no physio input or emotional support and am feeling unloved and uncared for at the moment!!

Does anyone have any idea how long a TAH/BSO has off work? I drive a lot with work and do not want to go back after 6 weeks but my GP does not give time off very easily!!

Thanks

Marie x
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:15 AM

Wellllll it's raining in the NE (pouring) so since none of my family listened to me to divert the water from the broken gutter to keep it out of the finished basement, guess who had to go do it and FELL DOWN IN THE SPLITS in the rain.. Now I feel some "twinges" that had been very quiet this week. Now I am scared I may have done something . Sure hope I"m okay..
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenaise
We have a pro-biotic drink over here like yogourt called Yakault - it's very good for the bowels - it restores the good bacteria destroyed by anti-biotics but it's also good as restoring healthy bowels. A lot of the enzymes in these these drinks and yogourts are destroyed by the gut long before they can do any good - but Yakault survives it all and gets to work on the bowel - I can thoroughly recommend it if you can get it.
Lenaise, I don't care if it turns my colon golden, with a name like "Yakault," I couldn't even force myself to buy it!

Have a friend from the Isle of Sheppe that introduced me to "Vegamite," assuring that I would adore it...well, he's still my friend at least.

Sorry I've been negligent in writing, but I have been reading and praying. More later sisters.

Janine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register