Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 164 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Sorry to hear about your DD Jen....it is really scary when our little ones get sick and are in the hospital to boot...so happy to hear that she is on the mend s to both of you!

jazzy...I would have enjoyed the milking the cow and seeing all the farm stuff...sounds like you had a really good time...it's nice to get away for awhile....I think you may find that you sleep better at night without the nappies...I sleep good at night, I can't nap during the day, as ds is done with the nap times!

TC...I too am sorry that things have been so hard for you...these are very trying times, some more than others....I really hope and pray that this new Gyn will be wonderful, and treat you as you should be treated... I fortunately have been Blessed with children, and cannot even pretend that I know the feelings you are experiencing about not being able to bear your own children...but please know that I cry with you...and I pray you find Peace and can fulfill your hearts desires in the near future

Rabbit... you have been through so much...you are such an amazing woman to have gone through those things and still have so much to offer here and elsewhere....I also pray for you, to find your Peace and your hearts desires are fulfilled!

Well all is going good over here....ds is sick with another nasty cold....going to take him out to enjoy some good old sunshine...hope you are enjoy yours too

Angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 10:32 AM

Hi all.

I haven't posted a progress report in a while and since today is six weeks post op, thought I'd update.

I think other than being moody and tired at times, I'm about back to 100%. I painted the dining room and front entryway then helped ds move the buffet and computer cabinet back into place. Didn't tell dh or he would have been mad. Have been vacuuming and dusting (although no motivation to do laundry or clean the bathroom). No weird twinges or issues. I did get into a really irrational fight with dh the other day over really nothing. And my memory is a joke right now. I'm acting like a ditz and its driving all of us crazy.

My belly will bloat a little after eating and I don't seem to have a lot of capacity for food when I eat but that's a good thing. Getting rid of the uterus and cervix helped my belly though. Its nice and flat and when I lay down on my side it doesn't look like a bowl of bread dough lying there beside me. I've managed to drop about five or six pounds and so far have kept it off. Although it seems like I am still fluctuating with water weight at times.

I was worried long term about my rectum and bladder healing and working properly from the prolapse repair but they seem to be doing just fine. Morning bm like clockwork, and no incontinence from the bladder repair.

Anyone else still discharging after six weeks? Not bleeding but more just clearish yellowy stuff (very technical term, I know). I am still having to wear panty-liners and that is becoming annoying. Again, its not urine leakage, so I don't know if its still the healing process from the surgery itself internally?

Ok, sex: with today being six weeks, I don't know if I'm ready to try or not. My six week check up isn't until the 10th and dh has been very patient (although he's not been neglected either ). The O dept. has worked fine externally with me and since thats the only way I've ever had one, I'm not worried about that. I'm just more scared at the actual thought of penetration, especially because of the anterior / posterior repairs. Oh boy...

My love and thoughts to those of you who are still recovering. I know sometimes I feel like I never had surgery, and other times it still hits me that I'm still in a recovery mode. So patience everyone. We'll get through this.

Becky P
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:42 AM

Happy six weeks out for those of us who had our surgeries on the 19th.

KimberJ, glad to see you found the thread. Reading through the recovery posts the other day there were a few of you I had wondered about as to whether you had made it here.

Jazzy, I was a very young 18 when I married my rancher dh. I remember the first time we had to get up at 2:00 a.m. to sew up a prolapsed heiffer. She hadn't delivered yet, but her womb was coming out. I watched dh push it back in and then sew it closed while I held her tail up. That was a rude awakening. It is a different world.

Sinjen, glad dd is doing better. How scary, especially for you to not be there when it first happened. Croup is a scary thing with little ones.

Angelic, always great to hear how you are doing. You are such a wonderful encourager and so faithful to update.

Nogreat, Rabbit, TC and the rest of you ladies who have had to face the tragedies, heartache and personal losses head on. Thank you for sharing. It helps keep my life in perspective and I draw inspiration from your honesty. Don't ever feel bad for sharing what you are / have gone through. I reminds me on-goingly of the grace and mercy that covers our lives daily.

Well I am sure I'll be back on later to try and stay caught up.
Love to you,
Becky P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:05 PM

Hi everyone--

Well my first day back to work today(only 4 hrs) and I was wiped out. When I came home my hubby said that he dosn't think that I'll make it on a full 8 hours which I'm supposed to do on Thursday. We'll see. Time for a nap.
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:29 PM

Wow, Becky, I didn't know DH was a rancher. It's funny because Andy's uncle was telling me he inseminates the cows too, if the bull can't get the job done. They also had two cows that are ready to deliver in about two weeks. I would have loved to see that. Birth is such a miraculous occurance. They carry for 9 months like we do.

It is hard work......I can't imagine working 24/7. They milk those cows twice a day about 12 hours apart. But it's such a quiet, peaceful place to be and I just love the animals.

Happy 6 weeks!! Can you believe it's been that long? Hope everyone is feeling well.
Unread 04-30-2007, 05:38 PM

Hello-

I am just finishing up work, and thought I'd give an update. Yeah, its been 6 weeks!!! Is it me or does that seem like a long time ago??? I guess with al the meds and brain fog, its kind of hard for me to comprehend that 6 weeks have gone by...oh well.

I sat at my desk today, and around lunchtime I noticed that my feet and left leg have really begun to swell. I put on my compression stockings and will be headed to the couch shortly. I have been drinking a lot of water, so I am not sure why I am retaining water all of a sudden. I don't think I have a blood clot again, since there is no pain. Who knows. I have my 6-week check on Thursday, so I will ask the doc about it then.

Other than that, I have been having a few shooting pains today, and some soreness around the vaginal area...not sure what that is about. Becky, I have had the same discharge that you mentioned too. It makes me think twice about sex...but I have noticed that my mind is really thinking about it lately. But, my body is saying "not yet!" So, somewhere in there I hope to find that happy medium...

I hope you all had a good day, and I will check in with y'all in the morning!

Rabbit
Unread 04-30-2007, 05:43 PM

Hey Rabbit, don't take the swelling of your leg and feet lightly. That's not normal. I'm sure it's nothing life threatening, but I think I'd call the doctor tomorrow to make sure.

I care about you and don't want anything adverse to happen. It may just be that being on your feet has taken it's toll, but please get it looked at.

s!!! Paula
Unread 04-30-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit757
I don't think I have a blood clot again, since there is no pain. Who knows. I have my 6-week check on Thursday, so I will ask the doc about it then.
You don't need to have all the symptoms of a clot. I had a deep vein thrombosis and my only symptom was pain. I had none of the other symptoms.

Would you at least call your doctor and let him or her know about this? Perhaps the doctor will want to see you tomorrow instead of Thursday. If there is a clot forming, you need to have it taken care of ASAP. If it's not a clot then that's a good thing, but at least you will know for sure.
Unread 04-30-2007, 05:52 PM

you should be fine to walk the treadmill, I've been doing it for a week and a half now. I am waiting until the 7th when I have my post op with the NEW doctor to see when I could safely start lifting weights again and doing crunches. I hope I didn't freak anyone out with my "sexy dream" talk earlier. I just thought I'd share. I'm single and a girl's got to do what a girl's go to do, y'know! ha ha!!!
Unread 04-30-2007, 05:58 PM

angelic, thanks for your thoughts. It hit me today why it's upsetting me so much. It's because when I WAS married years ago, I had a tubal pg and after I was cleared to "try again" my ex-husband refused me and said he didn't want children and I did want one so bad. HE MADE me go on the pill, said he wouldn't touch me unless I did. Then he ended up cheating on me, marrying her and having a family with HER. It just dawned on me the other day. It was after that experience that my heart became hardened to ever wanting kids. I never used to feel that way. So, that I know is part of it! thanks again for your thoughts!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register