Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 169 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 05-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

I'm sorry about the bleeding, BUT AT LEAST YOU GOT SOME!!!! I'll probably die a born-again virgin!!! But seriously call the doctor to make sure!!! Take cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 07:04 PM

TC231 - I'm worried about you. I don't like hearing that you are so depressed and then talking about obituaries.

Please ask your doctor about taking antidepressants, if even for a short period of time, to get through whatever it is that is bothering you. I've been on them for over 10 years and they've changed my life for the better.

PM me if you ever wish to talk or you can email me at <Oops! e-mail address removed per website Guidelines.>

I'm here for you and I care.

s Paula
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hey Ladies,
Well the shopping excursion went well today.
Had lunch @ Panera, found some way too cute blouses w/ empire waist that are great for nursing (just flip it out) got some white linen pants for $5.89 & some shorts that are really slimming! Even got little one some cute stuff, I can never resist itty bitty clothes.
YEAH, even the "swelly belly" behaved until this eve.
I don't feel too bad, some ab muscle soreness & a bit of internal pain on right side, not bad though.
It was just nice to get out of the house during the week, usually I have to wait until the weekend.

I am really loking forward to getting released for massage, I can't wait! I've been a Lic. massage therapist 14 yrs. & taught for 5yrs. so I know the benefits & effects, would like to experience them soon!!
I know I'll feel like a brand new person afterwards.

For you ladies that are going to be getting a massage & are nervous about laying on your tummy request a "prego" pillow (takes pressure off tummy) or have therapist work your body "side-lying". Deep tissue is great but if too much is applied to low back area it could cause soreness in abs. lots of H2O before & after (at least 2 litres). Communicate w/ the therapist, I can't tell you how many people are afraid to give feedback because they think it'll hurt the therapists' feelings. Make sure the therapist is familiar w/ your condition, your health history is very important.
They should be licensed as per your state, I personally would look for one who has been in practice for at least 10 yrs, not fresh out of school, last thing you want is to come home injured!

If you are able to soak in tub take a hot Epsom salt soak, no longer than 20min. Epsom salts have a property to them that pulls toxins from the body, but after 20min. they absorb back in.

If you girls have any ???'s about massage or any type of holistic healing feel free to ask, I'd be glad to help out if I can.

Gotta go, be back tomorrow.
Everyone have a wonderful night, God Bless.

's
KimberJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 08:28 PM

KimberJ - wow, that's awesome. I've heard about a deep tissue massage and have never had one. I've only had a Swedish Massage which was heaven! Thanks for the info.......it's good to know.

Glad to hear the shopping excursion went well, too!
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:29 PM

Good evening Ladies,
Progress report is good today, YEAH!!!
Got to go shopping for some inexpensive clothes @ Target, swelly belly behaved 'til I got home.
Got some cute stuff & great bargains too!

Basic muscle soreness in abs, along w/ some internal pain mostly on the right side, @ a level 3, tolerable.
All in all a good day, it felt good to get out & be normal.

TC: Please talk to your Dr., could this be due to the fact that you don't have your ovaries releasing hormones any more? I know you will be seeing a new Dr. soon, hopefully he/she will provide you w/ much better care than the previous one.
Know that you have many of us praying for you & your well-being & sending an abundance of blessings & love your way.

To all you working girls: I give you kudos, I don't know how you do it! I pray that God gives you the strength & endurance to get through each & every day & that you are able to perform your work well. I can only be inspired.

Lenaise: I have the same ?? as you. I also forgot why we have the "swelly belly", I think I remember my Dr. saying something about trauma to internal organs etc... He also informed me it could last for up to 1year YIKES!!
Swelly belly is also a sign that God really is a man & does have a sense of humor, however twisted...

I noticed someone asked about Superwife, haven't heard from her, hope she's alright.

I better end this before I get in trouble for not sticking to just recovery issues.

Sorry dear Hostesses.

's to all & to all a good night!

KimberJ
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:57 AM

Wow, crazy schedule and hubby stealing my monitor to work on a pc really set me back on keeping up on here *lol*

HAPPY 6 WEEKS!!!! (and 7 to the other sisters!)

Bladder - spasms occur here and there, not daily.
I was still a little irritated when urinating so stopped drinking cranberry juice to see if the acid was affecting me. Looks like it may have, greatly improved.
Still doing the Kegel they really do help.

BM - Been a little gassy, then constipated, and added extra fiber the past few days. Improvement.

Appetite still not back to normal. Either I am starving or disgusted with food.

Had a Brain Fog attack last week.
I thought all of last week was the last week of May.
It took enrolling my daughter in college to clear the last of the fog.

Then I realized I am due for my period.
No spotting, mood swing (oh boy did I have a mood swing)

Feet still stay cold.
Had 2 hot flashes in the past week and mark them up to the mood swing setting them off.

My face is no longer oily!!! It is back to normal, so the hormones are there and working

I had a few days last week and before where I had no energy at all.

Incision's scab is trying to come off. Going to let it do its thing on its own time.
Looks pretty good. It does look a little red in the evenings but I think that is from body heat, sweat, natural friction, etc...
So I am still trying to air it out and keep it clean 2-3 times a day.
Monday our schedule was insane and I was barely home so it was cleaned once and the day before as well and noticed the skin was irritated.
So I am still watching it and still using the ointment since the directions on it says treatment stops when the oinment is used up.

Sex is fine
As long as I don't jump right into it.

Remember sisters, the 6 week mark does not mean our bodies are back to 100% just because it is the average healing time doctors give for our type of surgeries.
Ease back into those routines.
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:00 AM

Happy 6 Weeks to my Sisters.

Mersey, I'm reading your "here and there" symptoms and I'm the same way. My husband reminded me last night that's why they say count recovery in weeks, not days. It's up and down all the time.

But gosh, how great do we feel compared to 6 weeks ago??? It's a blessing.

Hope all have a fantastic, easy day. Take care of yourselves.
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:03 AM

Hola!

Feeling well today....a bit bloated and I believe it's due to the fact that I'd have my period around this time.....I think.

BF and I started dabbling in the bedroom - woowzer.....it all still works, though before I get the okay from the doctor tomorrow, we're not up to our normal activity.

BM's are fine.....sometimes twice a day. No 's, so I'm assuming my ovaries are working normally. Yeah!

By the day's end my belly is definitely swelly and I'd attribute that to the internal stuff still healing. A Year???? Geesh, I was kinda hoping that would go away sooner then that. Summer is upon us and the lack of clothes won't hide it as well as the winter duds did.

Hope everyone is doing well! Love ya's! s Paula
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:18 AM

woo hoooo !

I drove today ! and I'm still in one piece (albeit wobbly !) it was my 6 weeks yesterday and I couldn't stand it any longer - the car was sitting there - the sun was hot and we have no milk or bread .... result ? ... I drove down to town to do some food shopping. i daren't tell the DH he is being sooo protective bless him. I feel OK though - just a huge tummy - I guess I'll pay for the journey later and wont be able to get the pyjamas on again ......

er - I'll stick to a long nightie - still cant face the consequences of going naked ... DH can't last much longer !

Anyone know if Superwife is posting elsewhere - I'm also worried about her .... of all of us she was the one doing too much. Take care all - our thread is gradually fading away - which is sad - but wonderful - it means we're getting better and are too busy to make a notation or even notice symptoms - when the last thread is posted - we will have made it thanks to the Hyster Sisterhood !!!

Oprah ! are you listening ? - we need the publicity ! everyone should know about this site.. yahoooo !

(sorry Hostess ... I think I had a bit too much sun while I was out ...... )

Cheers All !
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:47 AM

Happy 6 weeks to my March 21 sisters!
It seems like just yesterday, yet @ times like an eternity.
I still have some of the same symptoms as you Mersey, the bladder spasms, sore ab muscles, some internal pain & incisional pain.
I was told by my Dr. to use rubbing alcohol or diluted hydrogen peroxide, even witch hazel to keep the incision dry & assist healing. I had an issue w/ my incision having an odd odor, it was from perspiration & moisture.
Of course the swelly belly is a constant bother, went shopping yesterday for clothes that accomodate. Wish I could wear a really hot bikini for summer though...

For those of you lucky enough to have the green light for sex, if you have vag. dryness as your Dr. about "Estrace", it's supposed to mimic the body's own lubrication. My Dr. gave me some to "prime the pump", I'll be cleared @ my 8week visit, hopefully.

Well, there's my recovery progress for now, I'll check back in later.

's to all,
KimberJ

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register