Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 170 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 05-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

I tried the deep tissue massage but I bruise so easily that I had little finger sized bruises up and down my legs. Last time I went in I asked her to "gentle" up and it was perfect. Hmm, I'm thinking I need one of those.

Told dh that he'd have to wait another week before I ventured out in the sex area again. Not sure he totally understood that. He's not a perv, just misses the routine.

Thinking about something Lennaise said in the other post about our threads dwindling away. It is sad, but also understandable as we heal up, get back into the regular schedule of life. I do miss seeing the names after several days: funny how you get accustomed to something and when it changes it is sad and uncomfortable. How are we ever gonna get everyone notified when Oprah finally contacts Jane? We'll have to go clear back to the first five hundred posts and pm everyone I guess. We can cross that bridge later.

Love and hugs.
Becky

P.S. Hang in there, TC. We've all had the giants in our lives and you're gonna win this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 09:03 AM

Hi everybody. Im not sure if Im on the right thread for this. I finally had sex. The forplay was great but the rest was very uncomfortable. I had a burning feeling, I was dry , which never happened before so we had to use a lubricant. After, when I went to the bathroom I had a little pink spotting. Any body else have this. Other than that I feel great. Im going back to work May 14. I hope 12 hour shifts are not to hard on me. Dont think my bosses will be too understanding if I need to sit down. Theyll just have to get over it. Well talk to you all soon. I ve been thinking about superwife too. Havnt heard from her in a while. Valerie
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:00 AM

All right ladies, I did it! It wasn't so bad, not great like before, but not so bad! At least I got that first time under my belt so I am not as nervous next time.

KimberJ~ it made me happy to know you are into the holistic thing. I am way into that and eating well etc. I am a little jealous, I want to go shopping...

I hope everyone has a great day. I look forward to the posts when you can post and love to see that you all are making such great progress but miss your posts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM

hi everyone...my best friend took me to the wig store (truly you) in a village called streetsville. it is a charming little area. the wig shop is in a converted bungalo with private rooms off the hallway. the saleslady gave us info about wigs, care, etc. and recommended the combo human/synthetic hair wigs. (she also put bronzer on my face)! she brought out 3. i loved the first one...just like i would wear my hair if it was straight and shoulder length. i may just go back and get it! the second one was almost exactly like my own hairstyle, a shade or 2 lighter and that is what i got, along with 1 headpiece (for around the house) and 2 cute little caps to wear to bed if i want. the wig was $695. plus tax, total came to $950. approx. with the headpieces. i also got a brush, instructions for washing and 2 bottles of shampoo and conditioner.

another nice touch is that for free, they will give you a "g.i. jane" buzz, and a head conditioner, scalp treatment, massage, etc. and then fit your wig. she said you have to be careful of ingrown hairs, so i will do that when the time comes.

all in all, it was a very pleasant experience. have been out for 2 walks so far today, so i guess i'm getting stronger. hope everyone else is well. i'm thinking of you every day.
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:25 PM

NoGreat~ I'm glad you were able to find something you like! I'm glad you are getting out for little walks and getting stronger.

When my sister had her brain surgery, I took her to cut her hair off. This way it was something she controlled and less of a shock when she woke up with a funky hair cut! It was hard for both of us, but a little freeing too. She donated her hair to locks of love.

Thinking of you
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:26 PM

hi everyone...i have the nausea under control...now taking gravol (o.t.c.) for the nausea as recommended by the primary nurse. she said i should still take the ativan at bedtime also. she thought i might be low in potassium, hence the nausea.

taking 3 to 4 walks per day, ea. time a little further so that works out to 30 minutes a day of slow walking. still eating very little...hot cereal, yogurt and banana, and a piece of slight burnt toast so far today...also ate an orange. last night for dinner we had porkchops and beans done in the slow cooker; however, i got bad gas pains in the middle of the night plus 2 b.ms., so had trouble getting back to sleep. have to watch those beans! also still feel very weak and cannot stand for 2 long...too tiring! this is my last good week until next chemo treatment a week wednesday, so trying to get stronger.

not much else to report. hope this finds everyone well and safe.
Unread 05-02-2007, 02:05 PM

Hi all just popping in for a short note-I'm still working on my audition so short on time. I went in for my 6 week check-cleared for everything-but listen to my body. The sex thing has me a bit nervous as the pelvic was worse than the surgery!! Felt like everything shriveled up to the size of a straw . Anyway I'm planning my first outdoor ride of 20 miles on Sat. Wish me luck on my audition-I'm nervous. Will check in and catch up tomorrow after I get home. Hope everyone is doing well. ((HUS)) Becky
Unread 05-02-2007, 03:13 PM

Hi ladies!

It's been more than a week since I posted. My goal last week was to take DK's to kindergarten and preschool and make them lunch and dinner. DM came over in the afternoon so I could take a nap. I would read all the posts and just go to bed. Didn't have a clear enough mind to post.

After finally getting over the nasty cold the end of last week I came down with a horrible stomach virus last night. I'm not sure I have ever been in so much pain...DH almost took me to the ER. Hope this isn't TMI but I don't think I have ever thrown up that much.

I was able to get some 7-Up down this afternoon and a little chicken noodle soup.

I am feeling much better surgery wise. Abdominal muscles are quite sore after last night's episode.

I love reading everyone's updates! Glad that many of you are getting some exercise and heading back to work. Take it easy and get some rest!
Unread 05-02-2007, 05:40 PM

no great! I'm so happy that you found something you're comfortable with!!! You've been through a lot and DESERVE to be happy! I'm glad you're able to get out there and walk, too, it helps!!!

distracted, we'll keep coming on here!!! I look forward to this time of day so I can talk to everyone!

I went to my first oncologist appointment today. I was told I have to stay on coumadin for six months with several blood tests to monitor the blood levels. Also was told that it was a sheer miracle that this cancer was caught when it was, because he said that most people who get this can't even be operated on and have to do chemo and hope for the best! He also said I have to be monitored for at least five years, blood tests every three months, cat scans every 4-6. He said that because it was caught so early, the chances of it coming back are slimmer than someone else whose was more advanced. But he also said that it is a very slow growing cancer and if it DOES come back, it could be in the next few years. How's that for waiting with holding your breath? It *****. But yes, I am fortunate not to have had to take chemo. i thank God. I had mucinous adenocarcinoma. However, for the next five years I get to wonder, of course anyone with cancer I'm sure feels that way. Oh, and also, because of my blood clot, I may not be able to continue HRT. That is going to totalllly suck. Anyone have any advice on what I'm going to do if I can't keep taking it? I'm afraid I'll turn into an emotional freak. All I can think about are the six days that I could NOT stop crying because I didn't have enough hormone and it really scares me. I have to be able to function!!!!
Unread 05-02-2007, 05:49 PM

I found out today that I may not be able to continue HRT because I have a blood clot in my bowel. I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't continue, I think it's the only thing keeping me sane....what AM i going to do if I can't stay on it? I'm really scared.

This is my second week back at work, I've been walking for 1/2-hour a day at the gym, doing laundry, vacuuming, etc....doing everything they told me NOT to do (except the walking, my primary said slow walking was OK)...as far as sex, those of you who are lucky enough to have it are just that!!! I wish I had someone. I have myself, and how much fun can THAT be???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register