Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 172 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 05-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hey Ladies,

Today was actually a pretty decent day.
I took some Alleve this AM & had some mild+ muscle soreness, small bit of internal pain & of course the ever present swelly belly!

I've been noticing that everyone reports spotting & some pain after sex, is that normal??

I haven't had sex since mid February before I gave birth, YIKES!!

's to all,
KimberJ

p.s. Will chat w/ you all @ "over & above"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Good evening Ladies,

Gingersnap: that was awesome!! Thanks for the inspiring words. Hope & pray all is well w/you, too bad we don't live closer, could possibly do lunch!

Nogreatmischief: I am so glad that you are feeling better, sounds like you & your friend had a wonderful time. My DD has donated 2x to "Locks of Love", what a wonderful charity. It's so nice that you have such a support system of fam & friends around you, God bless!

Rabbit: I hope U R OK, prayers & blessings out to you tonight for healing w/ your leg. Maybe it'll turn out to be something minor or nothing t all. Take it easy, rest.

JP: What can I say, you amaze me! I cannot believe U R running 20 miles this saturday! Do be careful though & listen to your body, good luck!!

Georgia: 3x already??? WOW Did you have any problems w/ pain or spotting after sex? Seems like several women have, I'm getting kinda nervous...

TC: I cannot believe U R going through so much!!! Do you have anybody that can be there w/ you during this emotional time, a friend or some family?
You know that are here for you as much as we can be through cyber space.
Will send much love & many hugs to you tonight.
I know you are strong inside, even though you haven't felt it lately. Draw from that inner strength & courageous spirit, you will get through this.
Don't worry about the HRT, if you worry about things then you give creedence to them. Tell yourself it will be alright, there will be a solution.
Start checking the web for natural remedies for easing the effects of menopause, Soy is one. Please don't distress, we are here for you sweetie...

Bas4cas: poor girl! I really hope you feel better, that's gotta suck, especially the heaving! YUCK
BTW, where is Elkhart IN.? I have a friend in La Porte IN. I taught Massage therapy @ Sawyer College in Merrillville IN. Did not like it there, too much snow & cold weather!! BRRR

Distracted1: You sound like me, can't wait to get back in the gym & exercise! I am trying to come to terms that I might miss this upcoming bikini season... Huge Bummer!! Glad the healing is going well otherwise though. Lucky you, got to do the "wild thing"!!
So good to hear someone else into the natural bit. Are you not able to drive yet, is that why you haven't gone to shop? When you get a chance try Target, they've got some way cute tops that have a tie right under the bustline & a flowy bottom, accentuates the "girls" de-emphasizes swelly belly! Really cute w/ long (walking) shorts. I always check their clearance racks too, found some white linen pants for $5.89! OK so I love shopping... hee-hee

Freezia: Lucky you!! Happy that you're healing well!

Lenaise: Congrats on driving!! Did you sneak out or did you have "permission"? I've been so tempted...
So glad to hear that you are doing better, Prayers & blessings to you, keep on doing well.

To those of you who have had sex, first of all I am jealous!! Am I the only 1 left who hasn't done "IT" yet? However, I do have some ???'s
Is the spotting & pain normal? I know if it's bright red must see Dr. right away.
I noticed that my vag. walls are still somewhat swollen when I was applying the Estrace. My Dr. didn't say anything about it @ the last visit, so guess it's norm. What I'm wondering & hoping is that it'll be gone in 2 weeks, otherwise I can see how that would make for an uncomfortable experience.
Can some of you girls give me some input as to whether or not you were (or still are) swollen down there etc...???
I probably sound like I am obsessive, but DH & I were pretty active before (TMI?) so I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I've been keeping DH "happy" so that when the time comes he won't be so exuberant, if you know what I mean... I've heard it's best to take it slow.
Anyway, I figure it's best to put it out there so I get the answers I need from you who have 1st hand experience. I think my Dr. is awesome but he is a man & hasn't experienced what we have so can't really let me in on what to expect the 1st time.

Sorry this was such a long-winded one...

I am finally feeling sleepy this always helps wind me down @ the end of the day.

I will remember you all in my prayers tonight, even those of you I didn't mention. Has anyone tried to "PM" Superwife? Will pray that she's alright.

's to all,
KimberJ
Unread 05-03-2007, 02:38 AM

I've caught a terrible cold since I last posted. I have really declined in the energy department and I can't sleep, because I can't breath. I really screwed up at work yesterday, so I'm a little worried about getting my brain back. I know that my boss understands, because he is a wonderful boss, but I really don't like this. Sorry to sound so pathetic, just need to vent. It's 2:30 in the morning and I'm awake, no wonder my brain won't work. I guess I better go try to make myself sleep. Bye Bye for now!
B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 02:47 AM

I had my 5 wk post op last week. Dr said everything looked good. I was planning to go back to work this weekend but after a chat with the dr she would not release me until the last weekend of May. The way I have felt the last couple of days I am glad I don't have to go back to work for a while. I have been steadily increasing my activity level as my recovery goes along. However, the last couple of days I have have had pain in my lower abdomen which I can only describe as similar to cramps. Needless to say, I have greatly cut back on my activity and have gone back to resting. Good thing the weather is going to bad for the next few days so I won't be tempted to go out running around and overdoing things.
Hope everything is well with you all and have a great day!
Unread 05-03-2007, 06:45 AM

KimberJ Guess I should've made myself clearer-I'm not running-I'm cycling!!! My poor feet just about fell off when I read that. I wish I could run 20 miles. As it is my feet are hurting just from practicing for my Step audition. I envy all the runners but I can't join their ranks.

Notgreatmischief Will you be able to go back to your beloved Salsa classes soon?? I know you probably don't have clearance during chemo but I hope you can soon. I know that when I've been down at times during this surgery/recovery I go on my favorite ride (in my mind) and I always feel better. I know what you mean about the music. I have a whole library in my Ipod and I have a mixing program in my computer-it's so cool to be able to mix and slow down or speed up or even cut parts of songs. I sure didn't have that capability years ago.
Take care all ((HUGS)) Becky
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:04 AM

Went back to work on Monday - same day I had the 6 week Post Op.
I have to say I have no energy and am so exhausted.. Taking vitamins and iron tabs but still not feeling myself. Anyone else still wiped out?
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:10 AM

Hi all,

Just checking in to say hello. Again, I have been reading all of the posts. I am working Mon-Wed, 8:30-5:30. Work is going really good. I am back to my cycling and step class 5 times a week. I really want to start running. I think I will go for a really slow jog outside on Saturday.

Going to Florida with friends in two weeks. Ready!

The only time my tummy swells is late in the afternoon. Some days worse than others. I can't even complain about that after I read some of your posts. You really inspire me ladies. I hope all goes well with each and every one of you.

Kim
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:16 AM

AmyMann,

I work part time..Mon-Wed, 8:30-5:30 and I went back to work at the 3 week mark. The first day was great, second, tired and by Wed, I was totally exhausted.

It really does get better. I am not having any problems at all. Of course, I am only a receptionist, so my job is not grueling by any means. Everybody has gone overboard making me comfortable..almost too much. The first week they wouldn't even let me get my own cup of coffee!!

It wil get better. How about your B complex? Are you taking that. It really seems to help me.

Kim
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:08 AM

TC~like KimberJ said soy is a good alternative therapy to help with the symptoms of menopause. However it and black Cohosh are said to mimic the natural estrogen so much that if you have an estrogen based cancer it will increase the growth. That is something I would wait and talk to your Gyn/Onco. with before using any natural supplements. Our circumstances are all different and what works for some won't work for others!

KimberJ~ I love to shop and do so a little too much. I just can't justify buying anything until this swelly belly goes down. I have a very extensive wardrobe and hubby would be less than thrilled if I bought something just to wear for a month or so...wait.. I do that for summer anyway...hehe.. I can justify just about any purchase. I do love those empire waist tops except the girls are already pretty big on their own, don't need any help to accentuate them... They make their own statement! As far as the deed is concerned, I had been having a lot of vaginal dryness and was very worried about it, but things seemed to kick right back in a couple days before. We didn't need to use any lube,and I didn't have any spotting. It wasn't the best, but it was good to be back in the saddle again! ::

Kim123~ Glad you checked in with us even though you are working. I hope work is going well .

Lenaise~ I'm glad you were able to get behind the wheel.

JP~ good luck with the audition..... I am so impressed with you... I wish I could have a fifth of your energy!

Well, I am off in a few to get my hair colored..... My hair dresser and I should be an interesting pair.. She had a gastric bypass a week after my surgery and when closing her they had to more staple (it was laproscopic) and she split open. Her skin was so thin it apparently couldn't take the pressure... fun huh! so, she and I are both recovering and this should be fun! hehe
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:28 AM

Thought I would let you know that I am feeling much better today. After having this stomach thing I feel like I have gone back 2 weeks. But hey, that's better than I feeling like I did 3 weeks ago.

Still getting alot of stomach cramps when I eat something...that's kind of funny because the only thing I have eaten is some chicken noodle soup, toast and applesause.

I can't remember who but someone asked about still feeling swollen inside. I do. I still have a hard time sitting on any hard chairs. And that is definetly worse since the stomach virus. I have had quite a bit of shooting pains in the vaginal area too. Someone also asked about sex...not yet for me. Just got clearance yesterday but obviously dh doesn't want to be anywhere near me until the virus is over.

Sorry I haven't addressed everyone personally but I hope you know as I read each post I pray for you!

Have a great day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register