Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 173 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

This is my second week back at work. I work 8-4:30 daily. Last week I had to lay down for an hour or so every afternoon when I got home, But this week, I've felt much better. Still getting a little swelly-belly late in the afternoon. I'll be glad when that's gone for good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:15 PM

Today had my 6 week post-op appointment....All is Wondeful... Dr came in and told me I looked good, then he took another look, and said "actully you look GREAT" I was flattered hee hee...He did the internal check, and boy did it seem tight but it didn't hurt a bit....he told tme that everything looks healed, incision looks good too...so he gave the all "OK" to do the things I did pre-op...and to try to take it easy with the abdominal exercising for a bit longer...dh and I have not had sex yet...I am nervous like all of you, and plan to take it easy the first few times...actually I think DH is more nervous and worried than me

I still feel fatigued at times, and still get the swelly belly if I do too much standing etc....BM are back to normal and gas has pretty much deminished...it was sooo bad for a while

Well thats about it...it feels so good to be at the 6 week mark...Congratulations everyone (whether its 5-6-7 weeks) ...we have come a long way...and deserve to feel Wonderful again!!!

Love and ((hugs))

Angie
Unread 05-03-2007, 03:14 PM

hey y'all- - info may be TMI

i had my 6 week appt today. the dr was THRILLED everything looked so good. i had a difficult delivery and post partum with my dd and we were concerned there might be some granulation and open wounds, but no...everything is healing wonderfully. the exam did hurt and i asked why i was so sore in the tush/episiotomy area. he told me he tucked the area quite well and he expected it to be sore..esp. with my history. i showed him where i really hurt and that's where a lot of repairs were done. he told me from the get-go it would 8-12 weeks before i felt normal...

my delivery was so difficult i was on percoset for 12 weeks post and leaking/bleeding for 5 months post..so this is beyond our expectations.

i'll check in with him in a month just to make sure i am on the upward swing, but all is ok.

i am cleared for sex- altho' i am not ready..recommended playing around first and taking our time. i had a vestibulectomy last february and had my vaginal glands removed so i can no longer get "wet" and need lots of lube..and my libido has never been sky high so we'll need to take our time...which dh is very ok with...

exercise and everything else as tolerated..i told him i still take the occasional nap and i am exhausted by late afternoon..he reminded me i am only 6 weeks out and still healing..i've seen a lot of stitches fall out in the last few days esp since i've been carrying dd around the last week- i won't hurt anything..may just take longer to heal..but again..we were so happy.

dd is feeling much better and all is getting back to normal around here.

hope everyone is doing well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 03:30 PM

Well I went in today and had a wonderful hour long massage. I can't do the really deep tissue massage because I bruise way too easy then it looks like someone beat me. It was worth the money and felt so great. Now I need to get the greys covered....

I stepped off a small step today and twisted my ankle. Fortunately not enough to warrent calling it a sprain, but its very tender when I put weight on it. I'm such a clutz. A few days ago I sat down on the arm of the couch and promptly went right over the back of the arm and onto the floor.

Hey, several of you have mentioned seeing stitches come out but I haven't seen any. I guess I'll have to ask that next week when I go in for the six-week check up (a week late).

Still no word from Superwife? How about Miette?

Well I need to go clean my kitchen. I did get my bedroom and bathroom cleaned yesterday plus closets and drawers somewhat gone through. Hauled two bags of clothes to the emergency closet so they are gone and out of the house.

Have a great day.
Becky
Unread 05-03-2007, 04:55 PM

Hello all--

Happy 6 week today!! It was my first 8 hour day and I made it!!!! (almost didn't) I worked 7:30 to 4:30 and all afternoon everybody kept telling me that I was really pale.
We had a meeting and in the middle of it I had such a sharp pain that it made me jump and I think it made everybody a little nervous. I am sore tonight and very tired. I hope tomorrow goes better if not I might go home a little early.
Unread 05-03-2007, 05:01 PM

Kim123--

Where in Florida will you be? I'm in Palm Harbor just north of Clearwater on the west coast(Tampa Bay area).
Unread 05-03-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerSnap123
Kim123--

Where in Florida will you be? I'm in Palm Harbor just north of Clearwater on the west coast(Tampa Bay area).
San Destin. My brother in law lives in North Palm Beach. I could easily live in Florida. Ahhhhhh.........

Kim
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:05 PM

I used to get deep tissue massages every 6 weeks or so...I have digenative disc disease, and have been seeing a great chiropractor for many years....and of course the two work so well together...I still see my chiropractor religiously, but stopped with the messages...I miss it sooo much...I am going to make dh and I an appointment for next week...we both need the stress relief

TC...I am thinking of you

Nogreat...I am really glad to hear that you found a wig that will match "you" ... my thoughts and prayers are with you always...you are a true fighter...rstay strong my friend

Rabbit....I am thinking of you too...that swollen leg doesn't sound good at all...please take care, and post an update as soon as you can!

Love to all

Angie
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:09 PM

hi everyone....I am still breathing, still feeling detached....it'll be six weeks tomorrow! Seems like just yesterday..I still relive everything that happened while I was there, does anyone else do this? It's like I can't get it out of my head. Any advice?
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC231
hi everyone....I am still breathing, still feeling detached....it'll be six weeks tomorrow! Seems like just yesterday..I still relive everything that happened while I was there, does anyone else do this? It's like I can't get it out of my head. Any advice?
hi tc231...i can sort of identify with you but on an opposite plane. i keep thinking about my future and whether or not i would be willing to go thru everything again when there is a recurrence. i also have trouble getting it out of my head. what i am going to do right now is climb into bed and read another chapter of "shopaholic and sister" to try to distract myself. also i feel best when i go out for a walk.

just know that you are not alone in your thoughts and that time heals. sweet dreams to you and try your best to enjoy the weekend. hugs to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register