Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 179 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 05-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Groan...

just back from my first day at work - and I'm pooped ! I work from 7.30 till 2pm and now I'm ready for bed! I have a desk job so it's not strenuous - but I jumped in the car to go to work and then had to drag myself out when I got home - forget dinner tonight ! take out time.
I hope things will get better as I feel really good - apart from the famous belly - funny - it does look big to me but folks at work said I looked really trim compared to when I was carrying a 'football' . I think I'll have a nap and gather my strength - I'm supposed to be going out later with DH but I thinks he's going alone !

Hugs to all - yaawwnnnnnnn x x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 08:26 AM

Leniase it will get better! I have finally gotten all my energy back. I was up and at my 5:30 a.m. spin class this morning and now I am work until 5:30. It just takes some a little longer.

Have a wonderful day!

Kim
Unread 05-08-2007, 03:58 PM

Leniase,

I started back to work last week and the first day (4 hours) was tiring next two days(4hours) were a little better then the next two days were 8 hours each the afternoon of the first 8 hour day I was very tired but determined to make it a full day. Everyone kept telling me that I look pale, it was very upsetting. I was talking to one of my co workers and told her how upsetting it was and she (bless her) said that I looked tired but not pale. I was going to smack the next person that told me I looked pale and when I got home what does my dear hubby tell me?? You guessed it, he told me I was pale. Anyway this week it has been real nice and I'm not so tired getting better every day. So hang in there it really does get better!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Hi all....seems like forever since I have 'talked' to you all.

Just got back from my 6...er 7 week check up and I have a couple of questions for you all. Everything went fine...all cleared for anything I want to do. Did have some granulation and had silver nitrate applied. DR said I need an iodine douche...on on Saturday and one on Tuesday. This is new to me....I haven't heard anyone mention this here. Also 'cleared' for sex but with a condom....also something I have not heard anyone here say. I go back in two weeks to check for granulation. Did get my questions answered about the pap too....yes my doctor does them because there is no guarantee that all cervical tissue was removed. Will post more on the other thread.

Jane
Unread 05-08-2007, 04:25 PM

Hi Gals,

Boy it seems like forever.....I miss you all but I guess it's a sign of the recovery (we have been hoping for) that we don't post as often. Working full time cuts into my online life!! Speaking of work, it's going well. I am definitely glad I waited as long as I did to go full time but I am glad to be back. I hardly get tired at all and if it weren't for the hotflashes that still plague me I'd wouldn't remember I had surgery. (Well, the swelly belly never fails to remind me) Of course it helps to remember that there are only 17 days of school left.

7 week checkup today. Posted some questions on the other thread about iodine douches after the silver nitrate application today. Had some granulation. Also cleared for the 'deed' but with a condom....anyone given this instruction??? Don't think dh will be thrilled to hear that one.

Am not good at addressing you all individually. I do apologize. Know that I think about you a lot and let others know all the time about the support I have gotten here. Just today in the dr's office I was chatting with a girl whose mother is scheduled to have a hysto on June 13. I wrote down the site for her to give to her mom and told her how valuable it has been to me. My mission is to pass this along to all my woman friends and in fact anyone who will listen!!
Unread 05-09-2007, 04:18 AM

OKay so call this one TMI. But for the first time since surgery I woke to a 'nasty' discharge this am. Is this from the silver nitrate? DR didn't mention this might happen. Also I am DEPRESSED.....NOTHING fits me this am.......I am SICK of this belly. GGRRRR! Okay then, on that note, have a great day! Jane
Unread 05-09-2007, 06:37 AM

I'm back at work for the last two and a half weeks. I hit week #8 this week and that swelly belly thing gets to me a bit. Have been wearing loose fitting clothes and lots of skirts to work. Glad it's warm out...even in Wisconsin. ;-). I get tired, but am better than two weeks ago for sure. Drink my green tea and pepsi in the afternoon to keep going. Then I crash hard at night. Last week I flew for a short trip at work and made it through all quite well. So...onward and upward.

I was a little depressed before I went back to work too, I need to be around people and w/kids gone and hubby out of town, it gets a little quiet...but I always keep in touch w/lots of people and friends. Really important.

So, let's see, I was worried about sex and anxious too. My Dr had told me not to expect fireworks the first time, but...just after six weeks....we gave it a try and it was great, even fireworks.! Guess I was one of the lucky ones. Have kept one ovary so that probably helps.

Hang in there all, it gets better. But I think I am gaining weight. Have to be careful about that.
Unread 05-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Teacher-

I am sorry that you are having the discharge and swelly belly. I did not have the silver nitrate, but I kow others have. Hopefully, they will be able to shed some light on the side effects.

NGM: COuch still treating you good??

After a long day of sitting at my computer yesterday, I was determined to get back tot he gym and start my old work out routine. I was gald that I went...but I have definitely lost a lot of my stamina. I did 30 minutes on the eliptical, then lifted weights for shoulders, biceps, and triceps. So today I am really tired...but a good tired. I look forward to getting back there today for more aerobic conditioning. I still feel a lot of heaviness in the bottom of lungs since the surgery and I want to get that anesthesia out of there.

Anyway, good to see some of the other ladies checking in.

Have a great day!
Unread 05-09-2007, 06:41 AM

7 weeks and it feels like 10

Haven't been on a lot.
Hubby has stolen the monitor to work on a pc and my desk is laid out better so he stole my chair too *lol*

Plus, enrolling my daughter in college took a major chunk out of any spare time

BM - seems to be getting better. I had a few days when I just didn't go. Trying one of those new cereals with 40%-50% of the fiber you need daily and it seems to help. Also changed from white bread to a white wheat (Wonder bread) in case that was an issue.

Everything else is ticking along.
Still no major appetite. The only thing that appeals to me is cereal or salads.
I have had some sharp pains here and there (bladder spasms) but even those are easing. I seem to get them more when I am tired from the day or stressed out.

My incision looks great!
My body actually pushed out the stitch. What I thought was a scab forming was a purple thread.
Purple???
According to our nurse cousin, she said that was probably what gave me so much trouble. Instead of my body dissolving the stitch and absorbing it it treated it as an alien invasion and fought to repell the intruder.
I love the way she explains things

I get energy and use it up *LOL*
I know I did too much yesterday. On top of the chores I did I sewed new curtains for the living room. Just really happy I can climb on the couch to take down that rod and no pains or stiffness or anything. At least the backache I had yesterday was from being on my feet too much, not from premenstral!

Speaking of , saw this on the other thread by Rabbit I think
  Quote:
I am still finding it weird that I don't have a period anymore

One of my fave lines from a movie is from Grease by Rizzo
"I feel like a defective type writer.... I'm missing a period"

I start wondering when I am due and oh yeah.... hehehe I won't be having those any more.
Very happy my hormones are getting in order. I haven't felt the urge to cry for no reason, scream at someone, or grouch a lot lately.

My feet stay cold
I haven't had a hot flash in a week
YEAH!!!

Oh and sex
I haven't spotted in a week
again, YEAH!!!!!!
I was spotting just a drop here and there after fooling around but hopefully my body has worked all of that out.

No mini-periods yet, so here's hoping I am not in that small percent that gets them.

Hopefully I can get to reading some of the back pages before I fall too far behind, but..... the dining room windows are taunting me for curtains now.

*great big hugs*
Here's hoping next week is even better than last week!
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:48 AM

Been a few days since I dropped in to say hello. Kinda sad that we are fading away as a group somewhat, but I realized again, just how valuable a lifeline this site was to me the past seven weeks. Being able to communicate with other gals in the exact same position I was in was so important. I gave this site to my dr and she wrote it down. I hope it benefits all the other gals out there going through hysters. At any rate, not a goodbye, just a quick hello to all my sisters out there. Hope you have a great rest of the week.

Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register