Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 181 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 05-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

I went in for my 6 wk post op on monday No HRT for me says the doc..she say I probably wont need it but if I begin to have symptom to ive her a call..I have some serious pain when i walk today I had to stop several times cause the pain was terrible but I was told that it would go away ..so i trust the Dr she seemed to know what i was going ot say before i said it ....and my tummy still hurts all in all im coming along ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2007, 06:43 PM
7 weeks post-op

I'm glad to see a lot of other March 21 Princesses posting today! Like a lot of us I have been lurking and reading your posts but haven't had a chance to post myself.

This is my 3rd week back at work, and my energy level is getting better each week. The first week was tough - I came home and collapsed on the bed for an hour. Last week I made it to 5pm. This week so far I've been staying until after 6pm. I'm definitely getting back into the swing of it.

I just took a walk - the weather is beautiful in Atlanta. The swelly belly appeared today so I thought the exercise would do me and it some good. Some days I barely notice the Belly, and some days like today it makes itself known.

My incision appears to be fine - no drainage or anything. Nothing from the vagina either. The dh and I have done the deed three times and I didn't have any spotting. Now he just needs to quit traveling so we have a chance to get it on more!

It seems like everyone here has had 2, 6, and 8 week appointments with their doctors. Mine only had me come in at 4 weeks, and that was it. I hope I'm not missing something. I have no idea if I have granulation or not - that seems to be a common occurrence that doctors find during the appointments. I think I was very lucky in that I didn't have any huge problems with the surgery and thankfully everything was benign. I feel so bad for those of you who are dealing with chemo.

Best wishes and sweet (or nasty) dreams everyone!
Unread 05-09-2007, 06:46 PM

hi everyone! I'm doing ok today. found out that my hormone levels are right on target (in the non-menopausal range)!! yeah!! but I'm still very depressed and feeling unattached and just like I don't care about anything, like I don't give a S^%! about much. Anyone else feel like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-mail Chick
Went to my 6 wk post op appt last Wednesday, May 2nd and my doctor stated she was not going to put me on any HRT medication. She stated that if I noticed any menopausal symptoms that I could not cope with, to then give her a call and she would prescribe them to me. I have no symptoms and I'm 48 years old. Had a TAB & BS on 03/21/07. I'm so confused as to whether I need to take HRT or not??????? Do have minor episodes of nightsweats, but only on occassion.
hi emailchick and kk...if you can go without the h.r.t., then all the better for you. my last period occurred when i was 51 yrs. old. yours (last period) may have been coming up soon anyways. been post-menopause for 5 yrs. now. never took h.r.t. even though hot flashes were terrible in the beginning. eventually they either become less or you tolerate them.

i took a natural h.rt. remedy containing black cohosh and some other herbs for a couple of yrs. it seemed to work but after i ran out for a week (2 yrs. ago) and didn't replace them, i started spotting. my family dr. told me that the natural remedies, esp. black cohosh can cause estrogen to build up, so she recommended i stop. i did stop, the spotting stopped and it so happened the hot flashes became less.

2 yrs. later, i now have ovca...don't know if it is related to spotting from 2 yrs. ago, although the ultrasound at that time showed everything normal.

if your hot flashes, etc. keep you from sleeping at night and you need to go to work, then you might have to consider something. my girlfriend uses an h.r.t. patch, very low dose, which she is trying to wean off. the patch means the h.r.t. does not go thru the liver.

i'm not a medical person, i'm just telling you what i've heard from others. best to discuss these issues with your family dr. or gyn. good luck to both of you.
Unread 05-10-2007, 10:39 AM

TC231 - I am also feeling that way. Tried to explain it to my husband, but he doesn't understand. I have not had my hormone levels checked though...she isn't seeing me for another 4 months. I had my TAH on March 7th.
Unread 05-10-2007, 02:12 PM

Freedom, don't wait four months to see your doctor. Schedule an appt. asap to speak with her about the hormone issue. Sometimes you have to self diagnose and be persistant in what you want. No one knows your body better then you do - regardless of his or her training.

Please don't wait. Let us know how you make out.
Unread 05-10-2007, 03:12 PM

Afternoon all,

Dense fog closed the schools in our area today soooooo with nothing to do this afternoon, we did the 'deed' for the first time. As I mentioned yesterday doctor said to use a condom. Had to go to Walmart to buy them along with my douche so that in it self was an experience! DH LOVES to make comments about what we are buying when we are in line just loud enough so others can hear....stuff like "gee I hope this 12 packs lasts tonight". Nice guy, huh?? Of course we were in a VERY slow line and he had to mention we were kind of in a hurry........

Anyhow, things went okay....a little sore for me...I guess I kept grimacing but overall I am glad the first is over....has to get better, right?? No big "O" for me but that's okay. I have a little discharge which from what you ladies have indicated is perfectly normal. Nothing I can't handle.

Thanks for all your comments on the discharge and silver nitrate. My dr is generally good about answering questions....I just don't always ask the ones I should.
Has anyone had to have more than one treatment?

Jazzy-congrats on the job offers. We all knew something better would come a long and that you were 'marketable'! What have you decided? I made the desicison Tuesday to move to second grade from first this next school year. Another tough call but I am excited about the new challenges of second grade. Moving my room is another story but at least I'll get to clean out and get organized!!

TC--great news about the hormone levels. Keep the faith sister. You know we are here for you.

Nogreat--you are my hero. I too sometimes sound like a broken record complaining about minor things like a little discharge. Then I read what you are dealing with and wish that I had your determination and strength. You are truly an inspiration. Blessings to you, sister.

Well, time to go think about dinner. Hoping for another foggy morning.

s,
Jane
Unread 05-10-2007, 06:00 PM

Hello all. I made it in for my six week check today (seven weeks and three days later). Pelvic wasn't too uncomfy but I did have granulation as well which was the reason for uncomfy sex with bleeding aftewards so I got the silver nitrate treatment. The exam and nitrate caused some discomfort, but minor. Yucky discharge now, but I am assuming that goes away in a few days?

Other than that, my doctor said she couldn't be happier with how things turned out. She was especially happy that the prolapse repair yielded such good results: no incontinence with the bladder and the rectum is very "regular" every morning which is a good thing. Other than my being a ditz still and somewhat fatigued, she's happy with my weight - down five or six pounds. I don't have a great deal of appetite which concerns dh but unless i start experiencing a huge weight loss, its not an issue. Besides, I'd like to ditch another five .

Glad to hear you all are recovering well. I try and stay caught up but its been a busy few weeks and I think its about ready to kick into hyperdrive.

Love and hugs,
Becky

So overall, I think I'm fai
Unread 05-10-2007, 07:47 PM

Hi Ladies,
Wow, kinda quiet in here lately, good sign I guess.
Everyone is getting off to work & healing well.

I had a good day, did a bit of laundry, didn't lift the heavy basket, had DD do it. I carry my laundry upstairs & she gets hers, it works.

No major pain to speak of just the constant soreness in ab muscles & vaginal area ranging from a 3 - 6+ on pain scale.
Does anyone still have the same symptoms?
If I walk too much (which is hard to gage) I get a throbbing in vaginal area & ab muscle soreness increases.

I see Dr. next tues for 8wk., I'll keep you all posted on results.

DH is already acting like a kid in a candy store just at the thought of having sex again!!
I'm getting really nervous for some reason, almost like the 1st time again...Haaa

I've been trying to do a little bit more here & there but I seem to be caught in a rut, I get to a certain point & can't do any more w/out pain.

Maybe God is wanting me to finally grasp the concept of Patience, don't know...
He however does have a sense of humor! LOL

A good night to all & to all a good night.

's

KimberJ
Unread 05-10-2007, 07:52 PM

hi everyone...had my 2nd chemo wed., may 9...another bad reaction to the taxol so discontinued. the carboplatin went fine again and doesn't require all the pre-meds of the taxol so maybe next time will be better. having a ct scan may 18, then the i.p. port (intraperitoneal) catheter surgically installed june 4, then chemo sometime after that. thanks to the pharmacist who intervened for me, she got him to give me 3 new anti-nausea meds, which have helped but, even so, still having nausea. 2 of the drugs are only meant for the first 3 or 4 days after chemo, then the 3rd drug for breakthru nausea. hopefully i'll be able to stop the drug after a week or so, we'll see. they all have nasty side effects, so good thing only for a few days.

went for a walk today, which is great improvement over this time, last chemo where i was sick for 2 or 3 days. i'm eating fairly well and at least keeping things down. can't sleep past 3 a.m., possibly due to the steroids and benadryl pre-meds i had. the primary nurse said i should take the ativan while going thru chemo. i don't like taking all these drugs, but it's frustrating waking up at 3, then having to get up and do my morning chores, then lay on the sofa until 7:45, then more morning chores to help out d.h. before he goes to work.

i'm a lot better this time after the chemo. hope it continues to get better. good to hear from everyone...i realize everyone is recovering well and not much to report...and that's a good thing. sweet dreams!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register