Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 184 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 05-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

dear rabbit...it is wonderful to hear that you are doing so well...that gives everyone inspiration! i'm doing well as far as the surgery is concerned, taking longer walks and doing most of my routine chores around the house. my immediate family has been amazing, esp. my husband who has kept everything in this "crowded" house together, doing the grocery shopping, cutting the grass, doing my old job of recycling and taking out the garbage, etc. he also takes the day off work to take me to my chemo treatments and other appts. daughter, son-in-law, father-in-law still living here and son home on the w/e's, so i usually have lots of company. my wonderful sisters and brother have given me the space i need...i get very tired and i just don't feel like talking to anyone outside of my home; however, thank goodness for email.

i'm still early on in my journey, so have been posting on the cancer concerns forum and getting support from those who have gone before me, especially information on this i.p. chemo (intraperitoneal...directly into the abdomen). thank you to all of you for your postings...i enjoy reading them and especially hearing that everyone is doing so well. going out for a walk now...ttyl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 08:32 PM

hey there rabbit!!! Nice to hear from you!! I wish I had someone to get "in the saddle" WITH!!! I guess my first time I'll have to fly solo. I'm a little nervous because I worry that it won't be the same now. but after hearing what you had to say, it doesn't sound like it!!! Good for you!!!! I'm back in the swing at the gym, I know what you mean about "feeling it"....it's like having to start alllll over again, not to mention, I've gained over 25 pounds since February I have beenovereatting and acting like a fool with this emotional eatting crap, but I somehow have to stop it. I don't want to end up back at 272!!! No way!!! I'm having a bit of a problem with energy. I think part of it might be depression. Plus I worry about my cancer coming back. The more I read about it, the more it scares me. Enough about that, though...I'm glad you're doing so well!! Keep in touch with us!!!
Unread 05-17-2007, 04:43 PM

Hey everyone,

I can't believe that it's been 8 weeks since surgery today!! I tried to do some light exercises yesterday and I am paying for it today.
The company I work for was sold as of May 8th and we had a meeting today I found out that we haven't had health insurance since then which kind of freaked me out. They say that if we have doc appointment to pay and we'll get reinbursed but I really don't want to find out I'm hoping we get out sign up packages real soon. I'm glad I had my surgery when I did!!

TC231-- Hang in there I know it's not easy. I have had several of my family members that have had different types of cancer including myself although I was very lucky and didn't need any type of treatment I only go every three months for a cystoscopy. My husband had hodkins and went through radiation, and was told if he remained free of cancer for 5 years he could be considered cleared. About 1 1/2 years after treatment he was having some stomach trouble and a doctor told him that the cancer was back which sent us into a tail spin come to find out that it was not back, I really wanted to hurt that doctor!! No one in my family has had a reacurrance of cancer. The point to my rambling is that you can't live your life waiting for something to happen when it may not. You know you best listen to you body and keep a line of communication open with your doctors, and don't be afraid to ask question or express your concerns. Thats what you pay them for. Take care of yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2007, 06:51 PM

Hi all. Busy busy here finishing up the last weeks of school. Things are going well. I feel great most of the time. Just fat and bloated but am starting to live with that.

Has anyone else noticed that they are not getting emails when someone posts? Am wondering if this has anything to do with the updated site. By way, to the powers that be...it looks wonderful!!

Hope this finds all my sisters well. Will write more this weekend.

Jane
Unread 05-17-2007, 07:27 PM

hi teacherjpm...glad to hear you're feeling great! i've been feeling great today also! just wanted to let you know that i receive an email everytime someone posts. makes it easy to check up on the posts. i don't know why you aren't. this is the victoria day long w/e for us here in canada and we're expecting wonderful weather. enjoy your last weeks of school...i'm sure the children are happy to have you back healthy and fit. ttyl.
Unread 05-18-2007, 08:20 PM

thank you! It's the "watchful waiting" that is so hard.....but I'm trying!!!

hi teacher!!!! I get emails too, wonder what's up with your computer???

today is my eight weeks

good night everyone!!!
Unread 05-18-2007, 09:04 PM

Take care of yourself okay no great mischief? I hear that funny movies after chemo are a big help. I will pray for you and know that you will recover well. Hang in there and keep posting.

I had hysterectomy second week in March and we leave Sunday for our dream trip, an Alaskan cruise. Wish I could take you with me! Things are going well for me but worked my butt off as my partner quit. This was the first week without her and those 12 hour days I put in just about did me in! But I will relax on vacation if I can.
Unread 05-19-2007, 06:45 AM

dear luvsthesite...i think you're fairly new to this site and i'm so glad you found it. thank you so much for your kind words. you are so right about funny movies...i can no longer watch shows like c.s.i. anymore (although i love e.r.) and i don't want to read really serious books anymore. laughter really does help. i'm doing much better this time. not on any meds since the first five days or so after my last chemo and taking 40 min. walks every day. i can walk better and longer now than before the surgeries...maybe that was a symptom of the ovca and i just didn't know (lower back would feel tired after 40 min. on treadmill or walking). doing most of my old chores around the house also.

i'm so excited for you going on an alaskan cruise...that is the dream of many people. my dad always wanted to do that...i hope i can do it with him some day. have a wonderful time and try to forget about work!
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:01 AM

Hi Ladies, just checking in. New format! Wow, nice colors....

Nogreat, how ya feeling honey?

I'm feeling rather well. Decided I won't post here anymore, but couldn't resist seeing who has to date.

I'm going back to work Monday. I no longer need the rest I did during the day and while I'm sure 9 hour days will be tough at first, I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle!

Still have the swelly belly from day to day (as the day goes on it seems to get more bloated) but from everything I've read, it's normal, so no worries. I need to start exercising more!

Love all of you! Have a great day! s Paula
Unread 05-19-2007, 02:33 PM

Hi nogreatmischief

Great to see you post. I'm pleased to see you're doing pretty well Been thinking of you.

As I'm now almost 9 weeks post op -Wednesday- and pretty good I've only been browsing when I get a chance.

I've still got the Swelly Belly and it's no less - I'm on permanant steroids and alway have a bloated belly but this is really firm and huge... When is it likely to 'deflate'?

I have my post-op review with my Gynae 4th June.

Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register