Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 186 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 05-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

But its not. I understand a little of what you are feeling though. My dh had west nile virus and thats basically how he felt for two years.

In my prayers tonight dear friend.
Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 10:01 PM

did you guys get something from Princess BeaWell about how we are past our eight week recovery period and we can't use this anymore? What the H%@ is that all about?
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:04 PM

I think the recovery post only and not this thread?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2007, 03:53 AM

Hi Clinpic You have been very busy, hope next time is better for you, I havn't ventured there yet 6 weeks today for my op
Unread 05-24-2007, 04:28 AM

Morning Friends---Seems like it's been FOREVER. I have found that there was no easing back into life....it hit me head on!! Off to school this am bright and early but the good news is there is only 7 days left!! WOOHOO!!

Pormise that once school is out I will do a better job of keeping in touch. I plan to pick up my quest to get on Oprah as well.

TC-I think this thread is fine....it's the recovery thread we no longer need.

Becky-Glad to hear graduation is over....ours is Saturday and I am attending...staff gets to wear gowns with their master regalia.....exciting huh???

Paula-I owe you an email I know.....hope that the job gets better for you.

Nogreat- Sounds like you are busy too. I continue to keep me in your prayers and hope things go okay for you on the 4th.

Sex----it's okay....neither of us feel the 'urge' as before though.......attributing this to end of school year craziness, etc. Summer is usually pretty fun around here for two teachers, no kids etc. Definately need that KY though.

Right now though still having discharge from another silver nitrate treatment Tuesday. Hopefully this is it. I am not scheduled to return to DR till annual in August. Boy I am gonna miss him....I have been there at least once a month since this whole thing started last August.

Love to you all,
Jane
Unread 05-28-2007, 04:16 AM

Yoo Hoo !

It's me - the English Patient ! I've graduated to this site now that the immediate post operative problems are over. Does everyone still have the swelly belly ? I'm still HUGE ! It doesn't help that on my first week back at work I caught a cold and because I was still weak, it turned to bronchitus - so I've been coughing for England ! So embarrassing because I've had to resort to incontinence pads - my bladder is simply not helping me at all ! I was so worried I'd puddle once I got back to work that I swallowed my pride and bagged a few packets of Tenaladies !

There's me giving away all my pads and stuff thinking I was done with all that underpining and here I am virtually in nappies !

I think the coughing pulls all the muscles too and so leads to swelly belly - I hope so anyway - I never weigh myself - I tend to go by my clothes so I don't know if I have any weight gain. I'm nearly 6 foot tall and the scales on somone of my height always reads really high because of my size - so I just check my dress size instead.

Good to hear we are all doing well - I must agree with those of you who have found their energy - I have loads of energy - even tho I'm not too well at the moment - had the family round last night for a big meal - I couldn't have coped with that before the op. Blimey ! I must stop talking - making up for lost gossip I guess - hugs to you all - the summer is coming !

Lenaise x
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:50 PM

Hello fellow Brit... aint it cold ?

I'm pleased to see you are feeling much better - hope you soon get over the Bronchitis...had it once and it was awful.

Sorry you still have the Swelly Belly but pleased to see I'm not alone... Mine is still HUGE - I usually tend to have one due to the Steroids but I'm sure it's worse since my op.

I see my Gynae for my post op review (seems a long time, have you seen yours yet ?) next Monday and I'll mention it and see what he says. Have you mentioned it to yours ?

I've just come back from Essex where my sister lives...I was desperate for a break and had a fab time but looking back I definately overdid it a bit but it was worth it if you know what I mean. My Gynae told me to double everything ie. don't lift more than a kettle for 4 weeks for you and 8 weeks for me so theoretically I'm only 5 weeks post op (officially 10 weeks) am I thinking correctly. My Steroids 'Boost' me so I can feel better than I physically am.

Take it Canny
Unread 05-28-2007, 04:18 PM

hi everyone...it's wonderful to see you ladies posting here again. i'm doing great also. feeling better than i did before the surgeries. still taking my 40-min. walks every morning and increasing the level by walking up and down hills and up and down 40 steep steps, then a steep hill from the ravine, and back down again. doing most of my household chores, even lifting, but not too heavy yet. for the first few weeks, i had to sit down to peel the vegetables, now i can stand for as long as i need to. friday my husband and i went to stratford, ontario (the shakespearean festival) where we saw the play "to kill a mockingbird". it was fantastic. we also walked around the charming town where i stocked up on french soaps and we bought goodies from the rocky mountain chocolate store. had dinner at a fine restaurant across the street from the avon theatre. (sound familiar, u.k. sisters!)

have had 2 chemo treatments (bad reaction to taxol both times, so cancelled)...able to take the i.v. carboplatin. not as nauseated after 2nd treatment and recovered quicker than first. having the i.p. port-a-catheter installed in my abdomen june 4, then another treatment june 6, so every day that i feel so well is so precious to me. i've heard from other "sisters" that the i.p. therapy isn't as harsh as i imagine, so i feel better about it now.

i'm really thankful for the great progress i have made since the 2 surgeries...i would never know that i had them...i actually feel so much better. hope everyone else continues to improve and get back to normal living. take care everyone and continue to post every once in awhile!
Unread 05-28-2007, 04:49 PM

Lenaise , Bionic, and nogreatmischief,

It's great to here that you all are feeling better and are doing so well! It's Memorial Day in the US so I think alot of folks have had some family plans this long weekend. My boss keeps asking what percentage of being back to 100% I am I keep telling him that it's hard to say because one day I may feel great and can do anything and the next not so great. I think that I'm going to lose the temp that they hired to take over my day to day work duties so I'll have all that back plus the new project. I think that I only have the temp for the rest of this week. Can't wait to see how that goes. One day at a time has been my new motto since surgery so it will really apply now. I'll check back later.

Ya'll take care of yourselfs!
Unread 05-29-2007, 07:46 AM

Good morning. Fortunately the only time I get the swelly belly is if I simply overeat. So I am grateful for that. My biggest issue is still the discomfort with sex. It just is uncomfortable. I know it will get better and it was always good before. So patience patience.

No great, I'm impressed with all the walking you are doing. Thats awesome and is probably helpin gyou feel better.

Hello to all of you who catch up on the posts but are busy. I totally understand. I was running through the mental list of all of us who were on the recovery board together. After about fifteen of you I started forgetting (I'm so sad). But that is also life because it means so many of you are healed back up.

Well we are off to a work seminar in another state for a few days. Hopefully we'll also just take some time to rest as it seems like there has been very little.

Love and hugs to all.
Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register