Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 190 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 06-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi again

Hi all,

It's been a while since I have posted. I am doing pretty well since surgery on 3/21. I'm basically back to my regular self and enjoying life with no periods!

I have been having some issues with recurring vaginal infections (UTIs then bacterial vaginosis) since the surgery (having to take multiple rounds of antibiotics) and just today they found a vaginal polyp which I will have removed next week.

Just wondering if anyone else has had one of these removed as I don't know much about them.

Hope you are all recovering well also.

Kylie Emma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

hey, it's me TC!!! It's almost my three month too!! Time flies when you're not menstruating ha ha..I'm doing well, just very very tired still. Back to doing what I always did though, working out again. I've gained 32 pounds I think it was a combo of comfort food (when I found out I had cancer-AGAIN) and the inability to exercise after my surgery. Since I've been back to work, I've had some "issues" with the overeating of chocolate that is supplied FOR FREE where I work. I'm trying to push away from the chocolate drawer! I've also had some pretty bad issues with anxiety/depression. Prior to all the drama, I had lost 70 pounds and I looked and felt so good, and then splat, like a bug on the windshield!! I'll get there again, it's just going to take awhile!! I hope you are all doing well! Let's keep up the chatter, it doesn't need to stop because our wounds are healed, we've been through a lot of stuff together!!! Have a great night all!! Hopefully I can sleep over my neighbor's BASS coming through my wall! grrrrrrrr.....
Unread 06-20-2007, 07:29 AM

Hi Ladies-

Like Becky, I too celebrated my 3-month anniversary yesterday. Congrats to all of us who are at or coming up on the mark!

For the most part, I have been feeeling great and have gotten back into running and most recently started taking tennis lessons. My muscles ( and feet) are sore, but its a "good sore" having felt so old and tired from the fibroid tumors and anemia. I am glad to say that I no longer feel so exhausted and I definitely do not miss having periods. In essence I feel like a woman should at 35....young and healthy.

The only side effects of the surgery that I am having is that it still hurts at the vag cuff when I urinate. I still think this is due in part to the fact that I am still healing, but i'd like it to go away! I got tested for UTI and a bladder infection, and it was negative. So....time will tell.

The other thing that kind of hit me hard last week and the beginning of this week was PMS. I still have my ovaries, and I think they have gone back to their pre-surgery status. I woke up one day, and my boobs felt like they were going to fall off...they hurt sooooo bad. Plus, I got insomnia, anxiety, bloating, mood swings, and a rapid heart rate. Then, last night, I had night sweats, which was like the **** breaking, and now I feel normal. PMS would always hit me pretty had some months prior to the surgery, and it looks like it will do the same now. However, I am really not complaining...I am just trying to figure how my body is settling into its post surgical existence. I am very gald to have my ovaries, but it hit me pretty hard and I wasn't expecting it. To this point I have only had mild PMS symptoms.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that with you and see if anyone was feeling the same.

I still check in everyday and see what people are up to. It will benice to hear from the other ladies too to see how they are progressing.

Please take care, and I will be looking for your posts!

Rabbit aka Leah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hello Ladies,

I too am almost @ the 3 month mark, how time flies!!

I'm back from Seattle, wish I was still there!! I had a great time, caught up w/ some friends, showed off Little one, went sightseeing all over the city. W/ all that walking of course the "swelly belly" made a few appearances!
I realized how much I really miss that city, it's got so much to do & is such a cultural metropolitan place! I love the change of seasons also, uunlike hot & humid Florida!
I would so love to move back, especially since I have friends there & don't really like it here.
I'm hoping we can in a year or so. We want to pay off our house 1st so we have a good amt of equity to work with when purchasing a new house.

I've been increasing the walk time little by little, still doesn't seem like much compared to what I used to do.
I also still have pain & soreness, mostly on my left side, maybe that's where my Dr. "worked" on me. My belly also swells ther more than the right side too, weird huh??

TC: Don't worry, you're not the only one w/ 30+lbs to lose, I'm right there w/ you. After the baby, the "H", & not being able to exercise I put on some weight. I actually had lost some lns after the baby but gained after the "H"!!! Go figure!?
Although I really don't think the comfort food & chocolate had too much to do w/ the gain! hee hee

I am considering trying Nutrisystem, I know a couple of people that it's worked for. Anyone out there ever try it, or know someone who did? If so I'd like some feedback.
I think it's a great way to get a jumpstart on the weight loss, I need something to try until I can get back to the gym again.
I get very frustrated looking in my closet @ all the 5's & 6's that I can't wear & putting on a 10 or 12 I really am not used to being sooo pudgy!

I just feel so "BLAH" at times because I can't go to the gym like I used to & run, spin & lift weights, I really miss that!
I envy those of you who are back @ it full force.

I don't have near the amount of stamina I did b4 all this happened, heck, I can't even go back to Massage yet!
I want to be 40 & Fabulous not 40 & Flabulous!!

WOW, what a rant that was, so Sorry...
Guess I got carried away, it was a bit of a relief though.

I know you all understand & know where I'm coming from, thanks for letting me vent. I promise I'll be in a better mood next post, I guess it's just one of those days.

I am glad to see everyone healing, no matter how quickly or slowly.
I am also glad that most of us are still posting, it's so great that this sight alows us all to get the support we need from women who understand.

Blessings & 's to all,
Kimberly
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:26 AM

I'm with you on the exercise Kimberly J!! I'm so frustrated-I just can't seem to get past this unconditioned part. I work out but I can barely keep up with dh on rides-I we used to be evenly matched!! I posted on the recovery site-I started spotting yesterday-really bummed. Have to call the doc tomorrow. I'm hoping it's the aspiring and huge doses of Vitamin E I've been taking. I've got unexplained bruises all over my body.
Unread 06-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Question - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Possible Prolapse...

Hi Ladies

I can't believe we're 3 months since our surgery already.......I've pretty much done well apart from the tiredness.

I had my post-op review with my Gynaecologist two weeks ago and he's very pleased with me and said I looked well and had better colour too - I have gained a few pounds and get some manstrual type cramps and he drew a diagram which explained about the nerve supply connection - can't recall his exact words. He said all these little problems could take a year to settle... Yikes.

He's now discharged me and a few days later I developed vaginal thrush - initially I thought it was only external and my GP gave me Canesten cream and whilst applying it with the help of a mirror I spotted an 'extra' piece right at the lower end of my Vulva area so I saw my GP and he did an internal exam and said all my walls were intact and it was only a piece of Tissue which had dropped and my 'Find it's way back into position' and to keep an eye on it. I have fragile tissues so I suppose these things do occur easily with me. I thought I had a prolapse but as I've had a Total Hysterectomy is this possible ? If it progresses he will refer my back to my Gynae.

The sensation I have is as though I have a tampon not fully inserted also I'm unable to fully empty my bowel -sorry

Has anyone else had this problem...? Should I be concerned it may progress ? I'm wondering if it may have occurred when my Gynae did the Digital Internal Examination - it being dragged out as he removed his finger...

Thanks for any advice
Unread 06-24-2007, 07:32 PM

Hi Ladies

It's been awhile since I posted but I have been reading all of the posts.

Three months wow how time flies!! I feel that I should be able to do anything but my body tells me otherwise. I haven't been to the doctor since around April 12th when He released me to go back to work when I felt like it which was at about 5 1/2 weeks. I only had two appointments after surgey one to have the staples removed and the last for the internal exam.
When I do to much I still get the swellly belly and for the last couple of days it's been pretty sore across my tummy and I still get those random pains.

Bionic--
I've had that same sensation a couple of times in the last couple of months but mine goes away after a day. The first time was right after I started back to work and I just kept my feet up when I could.
let me know if you find anything out.
Unread 06-27-2007, 02:49 PM

Well the talk about dieting made me want to share, I do something called medifast. I love it, it takes some getting used to but the lbs., just melt off! I too gained after my hyster. I am working hard at getting it back under control.
Unread 06-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hi Ladies,
Well I went to the Dr. for my annual exam, as if I haven't been enough times already!!

Everything checked out OK & I lost 8 lbs!!!

Dr. said my cervix is fine so I don't need to have it cauterized, thank God, I wasn't looking forward to that!
I still get "Swelly belly" if I do too much but that's to be expected for a while longer. He still doesn't want me working due to the fact that my job (massage therapist) is really strenuous & takes alot of core strength. I'm kinda glad, I really am enjoying being home w/ the family, cooking etc. I think when I go back to work it'll only be part-time.

I've been having a pain on the left side since the "H", discovered it is the ligament that attaches @ the hipbone & the pubic bone. Dr. said it will take some time to heal, so no straining the abs until then. He gave me the go ahead for bike riding @ the gym but no "Spinning" yet.

I am thinking of trying Curves, because their workout system is only 1/2 hr, & low impact from what I hear. Anyone a member out there? If so, does it really work?

There is a forum on this site for weight loss support, I am considering joining just to give me more of an insentive & for accountability.

Distracted1: what is Medifast & how does it work??
I think I am going to try Nutrisystem, DH said he'll do it w/ me. He also gained some lbs during the pregnancy & after my "H". I guess he was really intune w/ me!! hee-hee

I am so glad everyone is feeling better & healing just fine.

Blessings & 's
Kimberly
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:02 AM

Hello Ladies !

I haven't heard of Medifast or Nutrisystem over here in England - are they drink supplements or tablets ?

I'm trying a method some use over here - altho I've not gained weight I am trying to get rid of the swelly belly and hone down the D.H. a bit - we make clear fat free soup with some vegetables and maybe a little rice or pasta in it to eat as a starter - you then go on to the main meal on a smaller plate. Believe me - not only is the soup good for you and easy to make - it really fills you up !

I've found I'm still tender around my scar especially if tired - and altho most days I feel terrific - I have a couple of slow days when I'm reminded of the op. No one can believe how quickly I've recovered - a guy at work asked me how long it took before I went back to work and when I said after 6 weeks - he said his missus warned him she wanted 3 months off !

I said if they could afford to do it fine (we just get about $90 per week sick pay and remember gasoline here is $6 a gallon ! that's an indication of our cost of living ) but most of us just have to get back out there ! I'll be sure to pass on the details of this site to her.

So far the weather over here is awful for nearly July - flooded homes and some deaths - many have been made homeless in middle England - we live on a hill fortunatley - but we just long for some sun - can you guys lend us some ?

Hugs to all xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register