Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 191 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 06-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Good morning ladies,

Lenaise, haven't heard from you in awhile, so glad ur ok w/ all the flooding going on there. You can take as much Florida sun as you want, we've got alot!!
Tell us more about the soup & how it works, sounds interesting.

Don't know if losing weight will get rid of the since it's caused by trauma to the iinternal tissues but I know it'll make me feel better to get back to a size 6 again.

Nutrisystem is a program w/ specific meals that they send you, they are formulated to work w/ the glycemic index of your metabolism to get the weight off.
Check it out @ Nutrisystem.com.
I know some people that have lost a good amount of weight so far, they said the food is good too.

Well I'm off to the grocery store w/ Little one, my adventure for the day. I think I'll rent a "chick flick since DH is on the road w/ his boss today.

Blessings & 's,
Kimberly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Wow, I am glad I still have the thingy selected to remind me of the thread or I would never find it.

Let's see if I can write up a short update before our daily thunderstorm starts (gotta love Bama in the summer)

I can't believe it has been 3 months and some change.
I finally have my energy back.
I don't get energy, use it up, and then tired the next day.
YEAH!!!
My brother in law was picking at my hubby and asked if I was up to "biscuit speed".
(they love homemade biscuits)
I guess I am finally, I made some 3 nights ago

The only problem I have had is an ache, like we've had hard sex , every so often.
It is not as often as it was, so that is a plus.
Keeping track of it so if things change I can call the doc, but it seems normal.

Again, I am eternally grateful I had the surgery when I did and did not postpone it.

I was healed in time to race to Illinios to visit my mother.
It's the first time in decades I didn't have to worry when my period was going to start, before the trip, on the road, while I was there, the way home, or the day after I get home and it wipes me out .

My mom managed to break her hip and didn't know it for a month.
She had hip replacement surgery and they discovered her breast cancer came out of remission and caused bone cancer.
She is doing well and has time, it is not as bad as we first thought once all of the lab results came in.

But she scared the Hello-dolly outta us. (she went to crash and they actually had her on life support for 2 days)

We plan to go up for Christmas this year and make the most of every day she has.
Doesn't matter if it is 5 months or 5 years, the woman will be spoiled

I managed to get a raging ear infection the day before we left.
Rather ironic I got the infection on the day I was supposed to go for my yearly ear check up.

On to good and annoying and hopeful news:

Suffering a little from empty nest , daughter started college this week (she lives at home but still)
We have 4 drivers and 3 cars... so that is aiding the empty nest feeling.
Everyone is pitching together to get my car fixed by the end of July

And this mom is going to go find her first job.
Don't care what it is, just something to get me out of the house and make a little money.

I hope everyone is doing well, or improving a little each day.
Unread 06-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Hello

Hello everyone.

It's been so long since I've posted - but there were only five pages to catch up on.

I'm so happy for so many that are doing well, and have huge empathy for those who have so many challenges that you're still struggling with.

My father has finished his chemo and radiation for his esophogeal cancer...he sees his surgeon Tuesday for check all of the tests they've done the past 1 1/2 weeks and see if they can remove the tumor and the two cancerous nodes. I've been back and for to the cities (Mpls/St. Paul) so much lately I'm leaving stuff at my folks house so I don't have to pack.

Today is day 154 smoke free - a big yay there ( I only crave every other hour.) Man, this is tough.

I was making great strides in weight loss...I had lost 36 pounds in the first 4 1/2 months of the year. Then with the back and forth to the cities, eating out, not exercising and sitting in the hospital, etc...I put on about six pounds. I've taken that off again plus one more, so I'm down 37 pounds this year. I was wearing size 22 women's jeans/pants, and two weeks ago I was able to wear my 16's that I've still had here from five years ago or so!!!

I've been in an episode (from my mental illness) since June 3rd, and have been house bound (basically bedroom bound) since the 14th. Plenty of time to come online, just no interest in anything as happens during an episode. I feel like I'm coming out...I pray so.

I had to cancel two appointments with my psychiatrist (med shrink) because of my dad's hospitalizations, so I finally see him again July 3rd. All of the hormonal changes from the hysterectomy must be messin' with my mental health, may have to have a med change. Just glad I've been able to stay out of the hospital this time.

My OB/Gyn upped my Villedot dosage eight weeks ago...don't know if I'm getting enough estrogen either.

I want to be able to get out of the house...I'm missing so much. And my husband's band has three gigs in the next two weeks, there's 4th of July, and I'm suppossed to sing at an event on the 7th.

Physically, my only real complaint is the odd vaginal odor that comes and goes. My scar isn't pretty, but it's not huge and I'm not a bikini gal anyway. My ab muscles are pathetic. I had started water aerobics before my episode began, and I couldn't do half of the ab exercises. I hope to get back soon.

I think of you ladies all the time...even if I don't write. Keep the posts up and I'll try to join more often!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 08:03 PM

hi everyone...it's always a treat to read the posts of my fellow hystersisters that had their surgery in the same time period as me and new posters also.

J9mattfield...first of all congrats to you being a non-smoker! secondly, i'm so glad to see you still have that wonderful sense of humour (i love your little character peeking up from behind the brick wall!) i'm so sorry to hear of the struggles your father is having...what a comfort to have a daughter such as you to be there for him when you can. i hope you are coming out of your episode...it's time to enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts!

i haven't posted much lately because there hasn't been much change. i'm still feeling great except for the few days after my chemo treatment, then i bounce back. my daughter brought home 3 copies of the magazine she had an article published in, called CELL Stem Cell...it's a brand new magazine, first volume.

here's wishing you all the best...enjoy your july 4 holiday. we have canada day coming up on july 1, a long weekend for us and fabulous weather, no rain and not too hot. take care!
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Hello all. Here is my most recent update. I went to the dr today because of some bleeding and discomfort. I was treated for granulation again, but the speculation is that I may have had a falopian tube eek its way into my vag cuff as it was healing and it is now starting to prolapse down into the vagina. If the silver nitrate hasn't made a change by next week then I'll be getting the tube removed via outpatient surgery. So I can add falopian tube to the other prolapses I've had. Interesting.

J9 and Nogreat, good to hear from you both. As well as the rest of you. Sometimes I wish I had thought to get personal email addresses from you gals so I could still stay in touch (Miette, Paula, TC and the rest of you ). This really was a great link during those first few weeks.

At any rate, blessings to you all and I'll let you know if I'm going back under the knife.
Becky
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Hi all,

I have been reading the posts and am so glad to read about the improvement in everyone.

I feel wonderful! No pain. Exercising (step, running, cycling) 5 days a week! No pain whatsoever and the energy level is amazing. The only complaint is my swelly belly. Some days worse than others, but I just don't concentrate on it. I will take it anyday rather than the pain I was in.

Great to hear from all of you.

Kim
Unread 06-28-2007, 09:04 PM

CLINPIC-just tell em to yank out the rest!!! Poor girl!!!

Kim, I hear ya on the swelly belly issue!!! grrrr.......

Keep up the chatter, I like hearing from u guys!!!
Unread 06-28-2007, 09:05 PM

oh BTW, it's TC again, <admin note: email addresses are not allowed in posts. You may send an email thru the member's profile>
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:44 AM

Hello and Good Morning from water-logged Texas!

We have had a historical rainfall this month, which has done a tremendous amount of property damage to areas in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Plus, a few people have lost their lives. Personally, I've never seen anything like it. Fortunately, my husband and I built or home on a hill and we are safe (so far) from danger. But, unfortunately, our home was built on clay soil, which we just learned was not properly treated prior to our house being built. So, with all the rainfall, the soil has been expanding and has now caused several homes within our neighborhood to have devastating foundation problems. The good thing is that we have a 10-year structural warranty and the builder has admitted that they are at fault. So we are waiting to hear if we are going to have to move and start over somewhere else. As you can imagine, this has been extrordinarily stressful. We love our home, AND love our neighborhood, but there is nothing good about living on bad soil.

I just look out the window and guess what? Its raining....AGAIN! Can someone pleas send us some sun???!!!

Its always something isn't it?

The last time I posted I was still complaining about painful bladder spasms. The funny thing is that they just stopped one day (thank goodness...it was painful!) Poof....Gone!
So, there has been some progress there. The only side effect that I still have is swelly belly...and its usually more prevalent at the end of the day.

I am so glad to see people are posting and sharing stories. A few of you are bearing some pretty big crosses right now, and please now that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

You are amazing women and a true inspiration!

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Rabbit
Unread 07-04-2007, 09:27 AM

Happy 4th of July everyone!!
Enjoy your picnics and Fireworks. Be careful. And have fun!!
I will be painting the house with my husband (at least until I can't do any more) What made us decide to do this in July in Florida's 90 degree and above temperatures I don't know. But we've been putting this off for too long. (mabe it will rain).
I still get random pains and swelly belly by days end. I wonder how long this will last because I'm really tired of it all, but I guess I'm better off than before surgery.
Later!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register