Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 193 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 07-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

hi kimberly...it's so nice to talk to someone who is going thru the same sort of situation and understands the annoying little things like "wiping up" after spilling! it's sounds kind of trite when you mention it to someone who hasn't experienced this in their own house.

my f.i.l. would not even have to rinse out his pillowslip or anything...i have a cleaning lady come in once a week to do his cleaning and laundry (which i used to do up until my surgery). all he would have to do is take it off, put it in his laundry basket and put on new one on. we always keep clean linens, towels, etc. in his dresser!

once again, i admire you so much for standing up to your f.i.l. i really think it's for the best in your case that he lives elsewhere. you are a young family, your children and your marriage are the priorities. if he truly tried to fit in with your family, that would be a different story, but not everyone can change...and the racist side of him would be poison to your children. i think in the longrun he would be happier with his own space, somewhere that he could get out and meet other people and not depend on family so much. i hope the parting can happen without too many hard feelings. i'm sure your d.h. loves him deep down and maybe feels some guilt for not being able to accommodate him, but at the same time can not stand to live with him the way he is.

as for us, the most important thing is that f.i.l. doesn't come to the dinner table and start talking about politics in an obnoxious way. (last night, it was all about our ex-canadian conrad black, then enron!) at least he wasn't obnoxious! the other things, i can live with. i am grateful that i'm feeling well enough to get back to all my little household chores...i actually feel much better after hysterectomy than i did before. can stand and walk longer and i have no pain, just side effects after chemo for about 4 or 5 days, but manageable. only 2 more treatments left. i'm still leaving the f.i.l. bed changing, laundry, and bathroom cleaning to my wonderful friend/cleaning lady until i'm finished chemo and my immune system gets back to normal. and he has those 2 most beautiful, friendly dogs...an irish setter and a gordon setter (weighs over 100 lbs.)...very gentle, but a little clumsy, that we love. they sleep with him every night! he takes good care of them.

we are much older than you, our children our grown, daughter and son-in-law finally got their closing date of july 25 for their condo, so they will be moving out soon and we will have a lot more room and less cooking, etc. f.i.l. has all his own space downstairs, bedroom, l.r., wet bar, bathroom, t.v., computers, office, everything... so there is a lot of privacy for us. i doubt if any of us will tell him to wipe up or change his bed...he can live with it until tuesday when beth comes...lol. you are so brave...i guess we are a bunch of wimps here...!! at least he takes care of his own appts., car, dog, booze, and does show appreciation...he does have redeeming features...no one is perfect, so that's why we continue on status quo!

good luck kimberly, i really hope whatever happens, things improve. have a wonderful visit with your family and keep posting. nice to "talk" to you. (don't overdo it now!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 11:32 AM

Hi ladies-

Glad to hear that people are feeling well, but not so glad to hear that you are having "in-law" issues. I love my parents and in-laws, but having to live with them is a whole different story.

I have been feeling great. In past posts, I mentioned that I started running and playing tennis again. Despite very sore ankles (ouch), I am thrilled to be active again. Also, I wanted to get in shape and run my first ever race, which will be....

HysterSisters Team – 2007 Walk for the Whisper – National Ovarian Cancer Coalition

The 7th annual "Walk for the Whisper" will take place on Saturday, September 29th in Grapevine, Texas, starting from Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine. The DFW-NOCC Walk for the Whisper is an annual 5K Walk/Fun Run designed to promote awareness of ovarian cancer. This walk/run will coincide with the Texas Legislature's resolutions declaring September as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month in Texas.

Ovarian cancer is the 5th leading cause of cancer related deaths among women. 1 in 98 women will die from this disease as 75% are not diagnosed until they are in advanced stages. If caught in the early stages, the five year survival rate is over 90%, while the survival rate for those diagnosed in advanced stages is as low as 29%. There is no set screening for this disease; therefore, symptoms may go undiagnosed until it is too late. Whether you already have ovarian cancer, know someone who does, or have been fortunate thus far to not be touched by this disease, knowledge about the disease is a powerful tool for you.

I had my surgery at this hospital and live just 15 minutes away. So, I will be running with our other "sisters" and, of course, all of you in mind, especially those who have been diagnosed with Ovac (NGW, TC). This is for you!

There is more info on this site and several "sisters" are making special trips to TX for the event. If anyone is interested in coming let me know and we can arrange to meet up

Will talk more later!

Becky-How are you doing?

TC-I owe you a response..haven't forgotten about you

Rabbitt
Unread 07-16-2007, 11:49 AM

dear rabbit...i'm so happy you've recovered so well from your surgery. i have as well...feel much better in a lot of ways, especially being able to stand and walk longer than i could. thanks for participating in the "walk for whisper" race...we have to keep spreading the message about ovca. since the symptoms can be very vague, as they were with me, i would like to tell anyone who would listen to get an ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound once a year, esp. if you notice changes in your body habits...ie. frequent urination, bowel changes, and the other changes we go thru as we get older. i personally never had any pain or digestive problems...the minor symptoms i did have, i attributed to my age, so never discussed with my dr.

thanks again, rabbit, for thinking of me and keep in training for the race!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 12:10 PM

Anytime NGM! It so good to hear that you are recovering well.

I was surprised last December when the Dr. told me that I had pre-cancerous cells on my cervix. It through me for a loop, but at least I got it early. I agree, women need to be more proactive with their health. Hopefully, I can help out in that department!

Take Care,

Rabbit
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:29 PM

GO RABBIT!! YOU RUN THAT RACE!!! THANK YOU!!! I'm doing well, working out again too! I still have a sagging belly because they cut me up and down from one end to the other practically!! I'm glad to hear you are doing well! Run a mile for me!!! Yes, it is important to get the message out! YOU GO GIRL!!! on behalf of ALL us HYSTERSISTERS!!!
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hello Ladies,
Well the FIL is GONE, GONE, GONE!!!
I requested that he strip down his bed linens & clean his bathroom b4 he left, he didn't like that.
Of course he complained about everything b4 he left, it fell on deaf ears.
We told him that he needs to stand on his own 2 feet, he has never done this.
He hasn't even worked since he was 40+, not due to a handicap but out of laziness.
His wife worked full time & catered to him 100%.
He indicated to DH that he would be going to the Philippines to look for another wife!!
Can you believe it??
His wife only passed 2 weeks ago!
Well, DH & I decided we will never have him in our home again.
He is very ungrateful & only is happy when others cater to him, he is sooo selfish is pathetic.
I am glad he is gone for good.

On a lighter note,
GO RABBIT GO!!! That's wonderful you are doing the "Walk for the Whisper".
Good Luck.
Will be back later, Little one calls.
Kimberly
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:47 AM

Hi Kim-

Glad to hear FIL is GONE! I am so sorry you had to deal with that. It sounds like he is a very unhappy person. I am sure this has been tough on you and especially your husband. It must be hard to have a father who is that abusive.

In spite of all that I hope you have a good visit with your family...sounds like a breath of fresh air!

Thanks for the support on the run/walk...it will be my first ever "race". I've actually been able to recruit a few neighbors to join me as well, so we should be able to come up with a nice donation.

Ihope everyone has a pleasant and peaceful day.

rabbit
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:56 AM

Hey Ladies-just past our 4 months. How's everyone doing??? I've been having chocolate cravings like I had when it was PMS time-but no ovaries so don't know what's up with that. I've been teaching cycling like mad-one instructor took a leave of absence and another broke his arm. Been through bouts of swelly belly still. Sometimes (especially after flying) I look like I'm pregnant-so I lay down and ice it. I started taking a class that blends yoga,pilates and taichi-and while my swelly belly gets in the way-after class it looks much better-maybe all that stretching/strengthening helps distribute the fluids from that area. I ended up putting on about 10lbs-and it's coming off slowly.
I also bought my first road bike a few weeks back-now I can fly down the road. Still training for my first century (and chasing glof carts)-hope to do it in the fall sometime. The weather has not cooperated with me so it's been hard to train outdoors.
I hope this finds you all well.
Becky
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:57 AM

hi jpgurl and everyone...i'm doing great, no pain or discomfort anywhere! can do anything i did before and better, even lifting, although i'm extra careful when emptying the full bucket from the de-humidifier. went to another play in stratford last week, "of mice and men"...graham greene (the canadian aboriginal actor) played the part of lennie. it was excellent. shopped in my favourite stores and met my daughter and son-in-law for dinner at a fine restaurant...a wonderful day. that was the last of my 3 sets of stratford tickets i received as christmas gifts.

i lost 30 lbs. after the 2 surgeries and have put 10 lbs. back on...hope i can stay at this weight. i lost 8 inches off my middle area but it is still looking like a beer belly, but soft...i don't know whether i can do abdominal exercises or not...dont' want to take a chance just yet. i do go for long, challenging walks almost every day...it's been too hot and humid so far this week so i've slacked off. (what exactly is "swelly belly"? my belly doesn't change...it stays the same from morning to night.)

at long last, my daughter and s.i.l. are moving into their condo this friday. it will be bittersweet for all of us as we have become used to living together and sharing everything. (i am still enjoying my sofa that i took back from them...lol.) f.i.l. has been behaving himself. maybe my son's admonition of his rude behaviour at the dinner table has sunk in!

just 2 more treatments to go for me, one on aug. 8 and the last one 4 weeks later. guess what, i spent around $900. on a wig and 3 headcoverings and i never lost my hair...it has just thinned, but still presentable! i really am feeling great and am optimistic about my outcome.

hope everyone is doing well since their surgeries and enjoying the summer. my heart goes out to family and friends of anyone who died or was injured in that bridge collapse in minnesota. what a tragedy.
Unread 08-06-2007, 04:26 PM

Glad to hear that you didn't loose your hair-must have some small victory in all of this. You sound great!! I hope the rest of the treatments go as planned and that you're rid of "the enemy". Now that I'm better and have half a brain-the other half is still MIA.. I was remembering that time when I did my first bike ride after surgery and it was sooo important for me to catch that glof cart and pass him. Every time I see a golf cart I crack up and think of all of you and how we struggled those first weeks. My dh calls the golf carts Becky Bait now-because I have to chase them down. Many ((HUGS))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register