Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 196 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hello Everyone,
Glad I found you all again!
I guess they've revamped the website & changed some things around.

Rabbit: How did the Walk go?
I hope you did well, you're so AWESOME for taking on the challenge!
I too experience some abdominal pain STILL, Dr. said it was normal.

I've been trying to walk but we've been hit w/ alot of rain here in the "Sunshine State" FL!! LOL
I am @ the point that I figure no matter what I do I will have a swelly belly & some pain, so I might as well just do it!!
At least I'll have a reason for the pain & swelling.
I have the odd prickly/numb sensations on my lower abdomen along w/ the itchiness, I guess it's normal.
If I over do it the incision scar gets red but no biggie.

I am trying to strengthen my core again, it's amazing how much stamina you can lose in such a short time!

I am determined to regain, if not surpass, my fitness level from pre- prego days!

The family is doing great. DS started college @ Univ. of WA state, so far so good. He joined a frat that's based on GPA's, no party boys there!
Decided on Law school afterwards, possibly Environmental law, for now anyway, his mind may change 10 times b4 he's finished.

DD is doing well, she's in 6th grd, likes her new school.
She started her menses in Aug. (she's only 10) YIKES!!
Poor baby, she got such bad cramps, she thinks I'm lucky for not having "IT" anymore!
I don't know about that one, double edged sword I guess.

DH is in the Mortgage biz, so it's slow.
We made a smart decision & paid off the house, one less bill to worry about.
The housing mkt will more than likely cont. to decline w/in the next year, through 2008, possibly until '09.
He's considering Pharm. sales or Med sales, good $$ in both right now.
Lots of Industry lay-offs, better to be prepared than not.
We've also been considering relocating back to the west coast (CA), I'm from there, we miss it so much.
We can purchase a house quite reasonably once the mkt drops more in the next year.
Hoping it will fall into place b4 end of '08.

Little one is 7mos now, growing fast!
She has 2 teeth, they're very sharp too!
She's trying to crawl & talk, belly laughs alot, especially w/ sissy!
I"ve gotta admit, she was worth everything my body has been through & then some.
For a while I was depressed about the entire circumstance, angry too. Now I feel like "OK, it happened, move on".
I want to move forward & not dwell on the whole "H" anymore.
It's tough sometimes, but that's why this site is here I guess.
I'm just looking @ getting out of the rut I've been in since March.
I know it'll take time & hard work but I feel I am ready for the challenge.

I bought the book "The Secret", read some of it.
It's very inspirational & true, especially about the laws of attraction.
I am determined to attract positive by putting out positive energy into the universe.
I am going to try to get back to my daily devotionals & Bible study, that always seemed to give me strength.
Will let you all know how it progresses now that I know where the thread is.
I hope the others find us.
Wishing everyone all the best.
Many Blessings & 's,
Kimberly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

hi kimberly...glad to hear things are going well for you and your family. i want to strengthen my core also...i lost 30 lbs. after the surgery and have already gained back 15 lbs. (mostly around my middle!). i'm starting with a personal trainer twice a week...it's my former salsa teacher...she will come to my house, so that makes it easy for me. i had been walking along the ravine and creek behind my house 3 or 4 times a week and going up and down 40 steps 2 -3 times, but i seem to be losing motivation...maybe because i feel so well and i think i don't need it anymore...lol. d.h. and i also go on challenging walks every so often on segments of the bruce trail which runs along the niagara escarpment for something like 800 km!

had my last chemo treatment on sept. 5 and feeling great...just fatigue at times. enjoying getting out with my girlfriends...we meet for lunch and shopping once in awhile in the charming villages in rural ontario. started babysitting my 5-yr. old niece again and took her 14-yr. old brother to his soccer game the other night...it was a cool and windy night and the game seemed to go on forever! yes, things are getting back to normal.

my incision is still quite red, sensitive when touched and itchy at times, although i do forget about it most of the time. everything else is working just fine...no pain or discomfort (except for the hot flashes, which i had before anyways). i'm also wishing everyone is doing well and finds us here. best wishes to all...colleen
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:12 PM

wow I didnt think anyone was still around from march itd good to see that yall are still here ???so have you all healled up good did any of you go abck to the drs now that we are past th 6month mark?? I was doing great untill recently now I feel bad again having the sme pain I had before the surgery lower left ovary area that if i still had them ..m Dr myust be on vacation cause i sure cant get in contact with her so i m gonna make a phone call to see if i can get someone to check me out well its nice seeing you ladys have a great day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2007, 05:49 PM

hi everyone!!!! I am here, too!!! yea!!! I had a second surgery in September, although it was not "female related" this time. I had a surgical oncologist go back in and do an exploratory laparotomy and then I had my abdomen/pelvis flushed with heated chemo for two hours while I was under. It is called the MOAS (mother of all surgeries) and for GOOD REASON. I was very very sick for about three days afterwards! It has been six weeks, I went back to work last week. I am still in quite a bit of pain. But, I'm managing!! I hope everyone here is doing great!!! How is everyone feeling!?? Oh, by the way, my surgical oncologist took me off HRT because I had a blood clot after my hysterectomy. I went off from it in August and I have been HOT EVER SINCE!!!! EEEEEEK... Recently my doctor/gyn put me on a low-dose blood pressure pill, plus I'm taking black cohosh three times a day. It seems to be helping....does anyone else know of ANYTHING ELSE that may help? These hot flashes sure can be miserable!!!! eeeeee.....I like the saying on Minnie Pauz (it is a website for us menopausal ladies)...."I'm hotter than I look"....hehehehe

I also want to say thank you to all of you that helped me through severe depression after my hysterectomy!!! I have formed several very wonderful friendships on here with people that I talk to on a regular basis and have become a part of my daily life even though they are all far away!!! I am so grateful that I found ALL OF YOU!!! I WILL NEVER FORGET ANY OF YOU!!! I may not post regularly anymore, but I'm still here!!!

Thanks again everyone, we'll talk soon and take care of yourselves!!
Unread 10-23-2007, 05:52 PM

oh, one more thing I forgot. When I had the surgery in September, you will never believe what they found???? ENDOMETRIOSIS!!! I NEVER had endometriosis in my life!!!!! Wierd!!! I too still have the same back pain that I had which caused me to go to the E.R. that "fateful" night in February (when they found appendix cancer). But, anyhow, endometriosis, who would've thought????
Unread 11-13-2007, 02:32 PM

Hey everyone, Just checking in to see what's been going on with everyone. It is amazing how life just seems to go on. I hope everyone's been doing well!
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:39 PM

hi distracted 1...it's wonderful to hear from you. how are you doing and how's your life been since your surgery?

i'm doing great...found a new yoga class i love, incl. dance yoga, which i really love! also have a personal trainer coming to my house twice a week (my salsa/fit instructor). back to babysitting my 5-yr. old niece and life is pretty much back to normal. finished chemo sept. 5 and no lasting side effects...yay!

the weather is getting nasty cold these days...it was snowing gently this morning when i woke up.

hope you are happy and healthy, everyone else as well. take care.
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:45 PM

hi there!!! I'm doing well too!! I had another surgery in September relating to the appendix cancer, it was a rough recovery and I still have sore days, but I'm doing good. The surgical oncologist found no more cancer and flushed my abdominal area with heated chemo for two hours following the exploratory! I have to follow up every six months with a blood test/tumor marker test and once a year with a ct scan.

nogreat, you are my girl!!! I am soooo glad that we've become friends. You are truly an inspiration! This website SAVED MY LIFE after my hysterectomy....literally. I was seriously depressed and having people to talk to about it was a Godsend!

let's all keep in touch here!
Unread 11-21-2007, 04:51 PM

Hello all,

Glad I found you again - I had gone searching awhile back, but couldn't find this thread. Then the strangest thing happened - an email popped into my inbox announcing a reply to this thread! Thought y'all were gone forever!

I'm doing well, although still on the anemic side. My body still hasn't caught up from all the blood loss from both before and during the surgery. I went back to work full time in early May - that was harder than I expected. Lots of business travel, and I found I didn't have the stamina I once had. I attributed my exhaustion to being anemic and adjusted accordingly. I'm doing tons better than I was, though!

Well, need to scoot - doing some "early" cooking in preparation for the "big meal" tomorrow. Take care, everyone, and I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Unread 02-02-2008, 07:54 PM

hi everyone...this thread doesn't seem to be listed under the forums anymore...just came across it looking back on my old postings so thought i would see if it is still in operation.

how's everyone doing...i would love to hear from you. i'm doing great...feel like i've beat this thing...taking 3 dance classes a week plus yoga and back to almost everything, babysitting again too.

hope you are all doing well. our hysterversary will be coming up soon. best wishes to all you wonderful ladies that helped me thru a difficult time.
colleen.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register