Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 198 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

He Girlies-

It is good to hear from you again. I can't believe its been almost a year since we all had our surgeries. Wow!

Even though last year had a gray cloud looming over it, I have to say that I have never felt better...both physically and mentally. The fact that I cannot have children will always be a cross to bear , but I can't even begin to express how much better I feel. It's night and day. The mere fact that I no longer have periods is liberating...I NEVER have to worry about it anymore!!! And, the fact that I have a fully functioning bladder again is pretty awesome too!! The only side effect I have from the surgery is that I have nerve pain when I urinate. Some days I don't notice and on other days it brings me to my knees...it's THAT painful. The Doc is perplexed, but if it is still around at my next annual exam, I am going to have him look into it further. He is aware of it, but thinks it just may be the nerves still regenerating from where the cervix was removed. Fotunately, I don't have any swelling and the whole "girly" area is better than ever. Sex is a millions time better than before...who knew???!!!!

As you may remember, I started running last summer as a way to get out my post operative funk. Plus, I was getting plump and limp Yes, it definitely takes a while to get the body back in motion (Go KimberJ and TC). I slacked off at the end of last year, so I am trying to get myself back into a good work out routine...the only thing that keeps me on-track is signing up for a 5k race (3 miles is my limit at this point). At least it makes me feel like I am working toward something. Otherwise, I have a hard time with self discipline.

DH and I had to move last November because the foundation on our home failed. It was a pretty stressful time for us. We ended up moving into a rental home in a new town, and in a new neighborhood. Its the most "keep to yourself" place I have ever lived, and its creepy. Since I work from home, it would be nice to get out and socilaize a little with the neighbors, but I don't think thats going to happen here. We will move into the new house in June, so its just a few more months. We have met a few of our soon-to- be new neighbors and they seem to be pretty cool. So, there are good things to come.

Otherwise, work is good. Doggies are good. And I am slowly getting back into shape. Has anyone tried the product Alli? I am not sure about the "gastronomical issues" but I like the fact that its FDA approved.

Just Curious...

Rabbit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 06:20 PM

Rabbit—
I would check with your doctor before using Alli. I have heard that there are some unpleasant side effects, like an oily discharge and there own web site suggest that you wear dark clothing. So be careful.

All—
I had my first pap after surgery today. It wasn’t too bad until he did the rectal exam I’ve been dealing with an anal tear, which is very painful. I finally found a doctor that seems to know what she is doing. I had four tell me that they couldn’t see anything that could be causing that much pain, they were looking for hemorrhoids.

Oh well next is the dentist (tomorrow) and then the urologist (next month and every three months). You know your getting old when you calendar is full of doctor appointments.

Ok enough of my crying. I’ll sign off for now.

Everyone take care and bless you for your support.

Jill
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:37 PM

hi rabbit...have you been watching the "westminster dog show"? d.h. is glued to the t.v. watching it for the last 2 evenings. i got tearful when they showed the irish setter, reminding me of our sweet casey that we had to have put to sleep 3-1/2 yrs. ago. on the topic of weight-loss, i saw an author of a book, called "the cardio-free diet" on "the view" last week. whoopie is going to go on his program, which is partly smaller portions, up and down cardio combined with strength training. the author is jim karas and he has his own website. personally i've put on all the weight i lost after surgery (30 lbs.) and even though i'm taking 3 dances classes/week, eating same as before and had 10 personal training sessions, i'm still gaining...grrrrr!! i think he recommends 20 min. strength training 3 times a week and mixing it up in order to fool the body. not sure what it all means, but i might get the book...it makes sense to me and i've heard it before, especially the part about the cardio. he said when you do cardio full out (rather than up and down), you want to eat more. thought i would pass that on. great that you're back to running and you're feeling so well.

gingersnap...glad you're doing well except for a couple of ailments...good luck with those.

kimber...you've made a huge improvement...keep up with the running...that's awesome.

clinpic...it's great to hear from you...how are you and your family doing. hope you can keep in touch.

t.c. hang in there, you've been thru a lot, esp. with that last surgery and heated chemo. i know you'll feel 100% better come summer and sun!

other than gaining weight back, i'm doing really well. have done at least 6 hours of shovelling snow in the last week as d.h. was sick with the flu for 4 days, and we're getting another 20 cm. by tomorrow morning, so more shovelling. i didn't get sore at all nor did i get out of breath, so the personal training sessions must have done me some good after all!

take care everyone.
colleen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 03:06 PM

My sweet aunt sent this to me today, and I couldn't help but share it with you.

THIS SAYS IT ALL:
Time passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do.
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.
BUT.........
Sisters are there,
no matter how much time and how
many miles are between you.
A girl friend is never farther away
than needing her can reach.
When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you
have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life
will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on,
praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on
your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the
valley's end.
Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk
beside you...Or come in and carry you out.
Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters,
daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers,
Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended
family, all bless our life!
The world wouldn't be the same without women, and
neither would I. When we began this adventure called
womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or
sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we
would need each other.
Every day, we need each other still.
Pass this on
to all the women who help make your life meaningful.
I just did.

Thanks for being there!

Rabbit
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:17 AM

One year down today. Life is good, my son is getting engaged, our youngest is graduating high school, my health is great (high cholesteral, but that seems about it). Just amazing that its been a year today.

Blessings and hellos to everyone.
Becky
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:23 AM
One Year! ..and STRONG

Congrats on your one year anniversary. I have been feeling so great, STRONG, centered, healed -- that I didn't even remember to commemorate my one year anniversary (Mar15). Although I was the "F" word at first -- (Fearful) -- i now know that having that hysterectomy was the best decision I ever made. Fibroids are history -- and don't miss tampons ONE IOTA. (smile). Hope you all are having the same experience.

Peace!
Elle (Lisa) C
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Wow.... a year already?????

With everyone sick on and off since January, hubby's cataract surgery, my ear procedure (removal of "pearls" forming) , car problems, taxes, etc... I managed to forget what month it was until my birthday (13th)

40 and don't feel it

Went to the GYN for my yearly check up Monday (17th) and it was such a relief knowing my period wasn't going to force me to reschedule. Waiting on pap results, but everything was ok in the check up.
Have my mam schedule for the end of the month.

Still nagging the females in my life to go get everything checked out. Mainly my sisters, you'd think with our family history (especially the fact our Mom has breast cancer) they'd listen...

My daughter has her first GYN visit this month. She'll be getting the guardisil (sp?) shots. I want her prepared. I want her protected. I want her informed.

One year period free... amazing!!!
When I think of how it was before, with me dreading my period and near tears half the time from dealing with it, I am utterly amazed at the change.

And grateful, for the doc I have, deciding to go ahead with the Hyst, loving supportive family, and the wonderful people from this site.

I've been thinking about all of my March sisters.
I hope you're all doing well.
Unread 03-19-2008, 12:21 PM

HAPPY HYSTERVERSARY EVERYONE!!!! Mine is on EASTER!!! haha....I have to have more surgery ...this time it's not directly related to CANCER though....I have to have an incisional hernia fixed. Probably sometime next week. I'm not scared....after having TWO 12-inch incisions, this is going to be like a hang nail LOL...

I don't miss my period either-AT ALL!! I got through the grieving part (especially after watching a coworker's TWO YEAR OLD for a few hours the other night!!!).....I wasn't meant to have kids and that is ok. I've accepted it. It's the dealing with the fears of recurrence that I haven't gotten over. I just recently had my first 6-mo oncology checkup and my tumor markers were "slightly" elevated, I'll have them rechecked soon, but other than the incisional hernia, all on the cancer front is quiet!!! Yea!!!

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well!! I will never forget the wonderful support I received here last year. It was truly a Godsend. Thank you so much to everyone for their support. I don't think I could've made it without you!!!!

Love and {{HUGS}}
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:25 PM

Hi Ladies-

Wow, what an amazing year. Today is my one-year Hysterversary! I still remember the entire day like it was yesterday, both pre- and post-op. It was a day filled with many emotions. i am glad to say that I feel better than I have in a long time...it was all worth it!

Has anyone gone through and re-read our earlier posts? Gosh, we were pretty silly at times Who else, but my friends and sisters would understand/laugh about "drainage", "shaving", and having crushes on our Drs...LOL! You guys are the best, and were the sunshine on my cloudy, hormonally twisted, hot flashy, Vicodin hazed days/weeks/months followng the surgery. I hope some of the other girls check in through the day/week and let us know how they are doing as well!

Cheers to you all!

Rabbit
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:52 PM

HUGS TO RABBIT-YOU CRACK ME UP---hormonally twisted-HA!!! So true though, huh? I'm glad you're doing well my friend!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register