Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 199 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 03-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hi Ladies!
One year for me will be Saturday the 22nd it's hard to believe.
Wow a whole year without having to worry weather or not I was going to start my period when going out to dinner. I don't even carry my purse sometimes!

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing mostly well.
Most is going fine for me, I have to go for a cystoscopy next week to check to make sure the bladder cancer isn’t back, and since in the early days after surgery we all talked about our bm's I feel that I can tell you all about my latest fun medical stuff. I have an anal fissure and it hurts badly at times. I go to the doctor on Friday to see if surgery will be the way to go to heal it. I've had this since December and I have been trying to heal it with medication. At times it seems to be getting better but I'll see what the doctor has to say. Wish me luck.

It has been good to hear from you all! Stay Healthy and Happy!

Jill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 03:58 AM

TC231 - With the incisional hernia does it cause any pain?
Unread 03-22-2008, 12:36 PM

hi "sisters"...it's great to hear from you. i've learned so much in the last year about surgery, narcotics, steroids, laxatives, recovery...things i really didn't understand until i experienced them myself. you gals were a lifeline to me...being stuck in the house and having your comaraderie, advice and humour, keeping me in touch with the outside world, well, the cyber-world, i guess...lol!

i'm doing great, back to everything. i'm so grateful to my gyn/onc for the amazing surgery he did and everything working just fine...no pain or discomfort whatsoever...i must thank him even though he usually sends a resident to examine me!

happy easter everyone and continued good health.
colleen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 06:37 PM

Hello everyone, it looks like a lot of us had the same idea, of touching base again around our "hysterversary". I didn't have the chance last week because of work but I was thinking of everyone. I wish I had found this site before my surgery instead of a week before returning to work, so I would have had more time to get to know you all. But, it helped me all the same. It's good to see all the familiar names and it seems like everyone is doing pretty well, and enjoying not having to worry about our periods!

I hope everyone is having a great week.
Unread 03-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Isn't it ironic that we all had the same idea?!?

Hello to all of my sisters - I hope that each of you are doing as well as I have been. My surgery was March 21, 2007 - and I couldn't be happier with things. Thanks again to all of you for helping me through the tough times before the surgery as well as being there for me afterwards. I honestly don't know how I would have gotten through this without you all!!

It's funny how much I've been thinking about my surgery lately, I suppose it's because of the anniversary and all...and I'm sure many of you feel the same way I do. My life is my own again, and I would make the same decision again tomorrow - especially if I had all of you with me!!

Here's to another fantastic year of all of us reclaiming our lives!!

Jennifer
Unread 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM

Hard to believe a year has passed already! Doing ok....on "the dot"....but still having crazy, sometimes horrifying dreams. Other than that, it hasn't been too bad!
Unread 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
2 year hysterversary march 22, 2009

greetings my friends ...can you believe it has been 2 full years since our surgeries? how is everyone doing? i'm doing fine, no problems physically.

i had a hard time finding this thread, now it is past midnight on march 23. i would love to hear from you all. hope you are all well, happy and healthy. take care.
colleen.
Unread 03-23-2009, 06:59 AM

Thank you nogreatmischief for digging to find the thread

2yrs without a period... amazing really.
Just the freedom of knowing I can do what I want when I want without worrying about it has really improved things.

I have more energy today than I did pre-surgery.

I'm scheduled for my yearly check up and mam in April.
That is also a boon for having the hyst. It makes it easier to make those appointments knowing I won't have to reschedule due to an early show of old Aunt Flo.

We've had a busy, hectic, sad past year.

Here's hoping the rest of this year improves (and we avoid hurricanes this summer!)

Big hugs to all my sisters.
I hope you are doing well.
Unread 03-23-2009, 05:14 PM

Hi Ladies-

So glad to hear that eveyone is doing well. Physically, I feel great and LOVE the fact that I no longer have PMS or periods...FREEDOM! I bought a nice pair of white pants the other day and laughed...there was a day when that would have been a problem.

Emotionally, it has been a tough since last Fall. Two months after moving into a new home that took 7 months to build, my husband and I decided to get a divorce. So, things have been stressful. But, the good blessings are that work is good and I am running a lot these days. I just won my first race ( in my age group of course...lol)! Plus, I have amazing friends and family who have been a great support through it all.

Again, I am glad to hear that everyone else is doing well. Good to hear from you!

Leah
Unread 03-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hey everyone!

I tried yesterday (my two year anniversary of freedom) to find the thread with no luck. I'm glad you did. Everything going ok for me except I reallyl need to get more exercise and lose weight, but I'lll work on that. It's a big birthday year for me this year (50!) I can't beleive that since most of the time I feel like I'm still in my 20's or early 30's.

The last check up for the bladder cancer was all clear, so I only have to have a cystoscopy every six months instead of every 3 months. Yea!!

Leah--
Sorry to hear about the divorce that's gotta be tough.

colleen--
Thanks for finding us!

mersey--
I just had my yearly pap mamo and had a bone density scan for the first time. You might ask you doctor about that.

Hope to here from more of our "Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 sisters"

Jill

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register