Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 03-23-2007, 08:09 AM
did anyone see the truck that hit me???

My LAVH was 3-21-07. I came home last night. I have felt pretty good. I walked alot at the hospital and took a shower and felt great really. I woke up this morning at home feeling like a truck must have hit me. I am bleeding again, and can't walk for very long. All in all, this was easier than I thought it would be.

Good luck to all those recovering along with me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Dear Sisters,
I am a few weeks into my recovery but wanted to share some tips especially about the BM issue- daily raison bran cereal, some prunes or prune juice and stool softener will keep things going well. You don't want to be doing any straining.
Hystersisters site has been wonderful-especially being able to communicate with those at the same stage of recovery-helping me keep taking care of myself, being gentle with myself when the post op road was a bit up and down. Also be sure to read the "checkpoints" pages both for the week you're at and also ahead. Helps to know what to expect and more detailed-great tips- than the brochures I got at my MD office
Wish you all the best during your recovery!
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:19 AM

I had my surgery on 20th and came home yesterday. I was worried too because I haven't had a BM. Was told I shouldn't have left the hospital until I had. Sounds like that isn't the case with most of you either so I'm not alone there. I have taken milk of magnesia, stool softeners every day and soon I guess it will happen. Drinking plenty of water. Kind of funny this is all I am worried about during the day is whether or not I'm going to have a BM. Work is far behind me right now! ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 10:47 AM

LSH on March 21st.
Only got rid of the uterus.
Went home that night.

I was fine the 21st.
Walking was no problem, I spotted just a little!
Doc said I am healed in 2 weeks, can even have sex then (think I am going to hold out for 4weeks to be safe... 2 just seems way too soon with the amount of pain I am in LOL)

Fine most of yesterday
Then the bruises formed and owie

I can't sleep more than 3hrs at a time. Bed is impossible to get in and out of.

I got up way too fast (coughed and the pulling /burning tummy sensation made me aware I had better empty my bladder or else) this morning.
Hubby helped me lay back down and I actually slept 2 more hours.
Got up, needed to pee again, and the best I can describe it is I had a contraction like I was in labor.

Is this the gas I was warned about?

Doc told me to take Gas X, walk, drink liquids, and if no bowel movement by today to take a softner before bed.

I get up at least once an hour and walk a few minutes.
That, going to pee, and putting a glass to my mouth is ALL I am doing and going to do for a full week.
Family said so.
Not one chore
I eat, drink, sleep, sit, walk, and potty.

I can't sit, stand, or lay down for too long. Just can't get comfy.
Walking does help

Twinges of pain

I couldn't find any Granny panties or support undies my size (actually sent hubby out and he couldn't) but felt a little support would help.
So I took an old pair of pantyhose and cut off the legs.
I put them on over my normal undies (can't stand nylon on for too long so cotton makes it easier for me)
Seems to be helping. I don't twinge as bad when I stand.

Poor hubby is worried every time I cringe a little.
The dear man freaked out at 3am this morning when he found the bed empty (I had gotten up at 1am in pain)

bah I am rambling LMAO
Unread 03-23-2007, 02:37 PM

I was schedule for a TAH on Monday but they did a TVH instead. I don't know why and they never told me why. Apparently, I lost a lot of blood during surgery and they were a bit concerned about that. I also experienced a reaction to the IV morphine and stopped breathing. So, they had to start injecting it IM each and every time I needed it. *ouch*. I had some problems with certain people not wanting to give me any pain meds except Tylenol. I suppose because of the breathig problem... I don't know. I'm sorry, but Tylenol?! Luckily, my anesthesiologist stuck up for me and I was given something IM to help with pain until today because I was coming home. Take care everyone.. io'm goig to go lay down again.
Unread 03-23-2007, 03:57 PM

Thought I'd post a second progress report today since I'm up here. Got hold of my GP for my blood pressure. She didn't think it was the pain meds but my body reacting to pain even though I'm not feeling it. She upp'ed my bp meds and told me to watch it for a couple of weeks to see if it goes down-she also told me not to stress out about it-which I totally was. My GYN called and told me if I felt well enough I could back off the pain meds. I've only been taking half a dose every 6 hours and today has been almost pain free, so I'll take one before bed and see if I can go to Advil only tomorrow. Intestines are working fine, I feel great and no discharge. The hard part is the boredom for me-I almost have my afghan done-LOL. Managed a 1/4 mile walk just now after a wonderful nap. I gained 5 lbs. of fluid and gas from surgery and I've lost 2 of those since yesterday morning-which feels sooo good. I feel so lucky and blessed that so far this is going so well. I'll say a prayer for all of you that have had surgery and are on the hills of recovery. Take very good care of yourselves
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:46 PM

had my TVH plus A/P repair on the 20th at 11am. got home at 3pm friday, the 23rd. the actual surgery went well andas expected.
'
i had a very difficult first 48 hours. first, i had an allergic reaction to morphine (and i've had morphine for other surgeries..) so we had to stop the PCA pump tuesday morning..i had a pain near my R breast due to someone pulling me a bit from table to table, and the worst was they took out the catheter wednesday, and i was urinating on my own, but by wednesday evening, i was miserable and unable to hold my bladder and soiled the bed several times. by thursday morning, even though i was peeing, i looked 5 months pg, and in excrutiating pain/naueated. so i was catheratized again and with 30 minutes spilled almost 1200 ml (?) of urine and the pressure was relieved. i am so lucky i did not burst my stitches in the bladder. so then i was able to eat a bit of food and remained catheterized until this morning. and when i was unhooked from it, the dr. wanted me to eat breakfast and lunch and be able to pee and pass gas..which i've been doing very well..

so i was released this afternoon..i always expected to be in the hospital until today...but i didn't expect the added "trauma".

tody, i am in pain, but the pain is manageable. i even grabbed a quick bite to eat at panera bread with my dad.

i cannot believe how tired i am..i think that surprises me the most.
i need to stay in bed until my follow up and really watch my urine output..but it appears i am starting on the upswing.
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:57 PM

ooohhhh starting to expel some of that gas
aches a little with the pressure but man oh man... the relief is unbelievable
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:18 PM

Am still in hospital, have passed gas (oh so many times...hurts like the dickens) and am on a soft foods diet and have pretty much spaced out the oral pain meds. Also, have been up and running about, brushed my teeth, walked all by myself, just trying to recover. I'm PRAYING I am able to go home tomorrow. I'm off the IV, off the localized On-Q system, just have a Foley catheter to drag around that I know I'll have for 5 days so I know I'm going home w/ that.

I'll have a full and complete post-op report once I'm home and able to sit up for a longer amount of time and feel like being online.

Let me just say...and I'm sure I will say it again and again and again...this site was the single most helpful thing in my attitude for surgery and recovery. The prayers, the lovely ladies, the lessons and cautions you all gave...well, I wouldn't be at this point post-op without you and for that, I can never thank everybody enough.
Blessings,
horizon
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:20 PM

I had mine surgery on Monday the 19th came home on Tuesday teh very next day.
Had uterus and cervix removed.
I had uncontrollable bleeding it went one for weeks at a time.
I had felt so tired and sickly, and weak the last year and a half prior to operation.
when I woke up in my room I felt good and alert little groggy from the meds.
got up to use the restroom with help I felt good sore in the stomach area But what a difference. in the few days since surgery, I feel alive again not tired. not sickly anymore.
I'm up and around its real hard to take it easy. Trying to sit still.
the only problem I have had besides the soreness is its hard to eat food. I can feel hard solids going down have used the aid of stool softeners thats has made it easier I am craving tons of water and juice.
It only hurts when I laugh, cough ,or sneeze.
Can't wait to get back to work
I am trying to behave defiantly not lifting things. and only doing minimal house duties.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register