Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hi ladies....sorry it took me so long to respond. Verizon DSL is having a rough day or something, because for most of the day, I couldn't access the internet!

Becky - yea, we were explaining to Miette about Britney Spears and her lack of panties parade. Always something with that girl!

Wow, now a pajama party sounds cool - something I haven't done in about 30+ years.....I just think a girls weekend is always so refreshing. My friends and I try and get together for dinner at least once a month to catch up on things.

Well.....my incision is starting to feel ichy......guess that's a sign it's healing. I'm still feeling pressure in my lower section when I pee and have to make a BM. Still taking Urelle which seems to work, but I'd hate to have to buy another 15 pills for $33.00. Ridiculous!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday evening! Chat tomorrow.

Love & s, Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Howdy ladies-

So good to hear everybody's story. Tomorrow is the 2 week point for some of us. I, like you, have been so frustrated at how long this recovery is taking...I know that I need to be patient and let myself heal,but it is so hard....

I have been taking the dogs (2 Labs) for small walks with a friend today now that the weather has cleared. Some pulling but not bad. And I finally got the last of the family and visiting friends out of the house. My husband is a pilot and aftet taking two weeks off to stay with me, he just went back to work. Though I appreciated their help, I am glad to have some time to myself. Whats weird is as soon as they left I finally had a BM...actually I had three!!! I guess that would be expected after not having one for 6 days. I am not having any pain with the BM, but the gas associated with it has been very painful.

I am still sore at my four incisions sites, and I feel like I pulled something on my left side. My lower back is sore too. I was planning on going back to work after 2 weeks, but decided today that I better be safe and take off another week. I think I am going to enjoy the quiet house for a few days before the hubby gets back.

I'll check in tomoorow from the couch.

Have a good nite everybody!
Unread 04-01-2007, 08:46 PM

Good grief you lot sure do gab a bunch
Offline for most of the day due to an awesome rain storm and had to click back a couple of pages

I don't think I could ever wear a thong, even if I lost all my weight.
Never liked clothing riding up in the wrong places.

Just hopping on before hopping in bed.
Haven't done very much but tired.
I dunno about the rest of you but this past week was a looooong dang week.
Sending happy thoughts out
May we all feel a little better tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 09:18 PM

I talked to my doctor today and explained about the deep butt pain. She reminded me that when they do the rectal repair for the prolapse it has to attach to a ligament on the right side and even though they try and attach right by the bone, there is a nerve that lays on top of the ligament that sometimes gets damaged. So, my deep butt pain is a damaged nerve. She thinks it should be better in a week or two although the longest she's ever seen one last is six months. I explained to my husband that it felt like a large nail inserted in the rear and then turned sideways with the point on the right (gross word picture, but describes it accurately). If I overly stress it the pain shoots down my right thigh. If I strain with a bm, same thing. If it wasn't for that, I think I'd be feeling pretty darn good. I haven't really had any abdominal pain (except the first few days). It helps that I didn't have any external incisions. I do fight the fatigue but I just kick back and rest (I've watched so many decorating re-do shows that I started watching the world's ugliest dog contest today out of boredom). I need to pick up a good book.

Tomorrow's the two week point. I want to feel better.

I'll chat with you all then,'
Lots of hugs to you.
Becky
Unread 04-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Good Morning, Girls!

Well, the sun is just coming over the horizon here. It's about 6 AM and in a couple of hours I will have left for the hospital clinic where I'm to have new exams, new labwork and a new ultrasound done to check on the size and state of the hematoma. I had a really hard time sleeping last night because of pain. I aaaaalmost fall asleep and then (poof)I wake up going, "hey! owww!"

Becky (clinpic): nerve pain is sooooooooo awful. I feel for you. I had sciatica twice for extended periods of time and it was unbelievably painful. There were times I was unable to walk. I'm glad that, at least, you have an explaination for why you're hurting so much. I hope it goes away very soon.

Mersey: hope you slept well. I agree that this has been a long long week. It's just creeped by. I notice too that when I'm in pain and stuck in the bed the hours just slowly crawl by like the world is stuck in slow motion or something.

Rabbit: aww.. you've had company with you this entire two weeks?? goodness... I'd have gone barking mad by now. No wonder you had some trouble with BM's. I would have too. I'm glad you took that extra week to stay home and heal, rest and look after yourself. I hope you are feeling much better this coming week.

Paula: do you think the pressure sensation when we pee is from the catheter? I told my doc about it too and he said most likely it was due to having had a catheter. Hopefully it will go away soon. I always feel like everything is going to fall out when I go to the bathroom. ughh.

Kylieemma: Glad you are feeling better, for the most part. I haven't had any experience with HRT. The only thing with hormones I have experienced is when they gave me some to try and influence my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I don't recall any hot flashes, but you know, my sister went into menopause very early (she's in her early thirties)and was having hotflashes and nightsweats constantly. Poor girl! She just started with a hormone patch and says she feels much better, although a little emotional. But, that's to be expected, I guess.

Teacher: I have a simliar morning routine to yours. ugh. Especially when I wake up nauseaus. Then I'm overly focused all day long on fiber, water, walking..etc. It's like a horrible obsession. The dreaded BM. I hope it ends soon. It's driving me nuts!

Ginger: glad to hear you got to see your grandbaby...seven months is such a sweet age... aww. Hope you can rest and relax now. I found that the first week was very hard. The brain fog was really bothersome. ack. I'm two-weeks post op today and will see the doctors again this morning. I'm hoping they have good news for me. I'm still in pain, but maybe I'm on the healing side of things now. *fingers crossed*

Have a nice Monday morning everyone. To all my sisters who had their hysters on 3-19... happy anniversary: We made it through two full weeks! Yay!
:

-Miette
Unread 04-01-2007, 11:51 PM

Rabbit, I also have 2 (black) labs, luckily they are lazy like me and we like to walk nice and slow, hahaha. What color are yours, mine are brother and sister, 10 years old. I have never had any luck with hormones for PCO either. Where are you from Miette? I was on google earth today and I ended up in trenton Jersey and thought about you Jazzy.
Today was a very crappy day. I was so constipated I screamed and scared my 8 and 6 year old boys. I took a dulcolax and ended up throwing up in a bowl as I sat on the toilet with diarrhea. Go figure. I am so irritable lately. The day ended with me pushing the gas bbq over, duh what a dope. I'm too foggy to read for too long, I am body tired and brain bored stiff. I cant wait for this to be over. DH pushed me over the edge when he said "I guess this surgery was a waste of time" I went nuts and thats when I shoved over the BBQ. I know I am being difficult but that was just being mean. I guess I'll stop my ranting and try to sleep.
Unread 04-02-2007, 04:48 AM
yay!

I went to the hospital and we did new labwork, new exams and a new ultrasound. I still have the hematoma but it is smaller than it was on Friday. yay! The doc said as long as I don't get worse (fever, more pain, etc) that I won't need any extra surgery or anything. I'm very pleased!

-Miette
Unread 04-02-2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylieemma
Hi girls,
Doing better today - thanks for your thoughts and kind words yesterday while I was having a rough day dealing with the loss of my brother.
Today I am feeling better. I know it will be up and down though.

As far as the surgery goes....my headaches are better and I am feeling pretty good for the most part. I just don't want to overdo it thinking that I am "fine" when I'm not. I still spend most days in my PJs,showering in the afternoon, but haven't ventured out anywhere except for a short trip to Walmart with my husband friday where I was walking so slowly that I told him I wanted to go home after 10 mins! Oh well, I guess it will take some time before I'm up and going very much. I don't want to rush my recovery and end up not doing well.

Have any of you already started on estrogen or other hormones? Just wondering because I have already started with night sweats and the occassional hot flash (I already knew what they were like from being on depo lupron last year). I wasn't sure when to call my doc and get on some hormones - he said to call whenever i wanted them - he also said I would have to use progesterone 2 so my endo doesn't grow.

Any thoughts???
I started Vivelle Dot (hormone patch) the day of my surgery and I feel really good. Only had one day where I cried and that was because entire family was together at sisters house (except me...boo hoo). Other than that, no night sweats, mood swings or anything else). My doctor might eventually ween me off.

Kim
Unread 04-02-2007, 06:51 AM

Good Morning!!!

Rabbit, please be careful walking those two lovlies. My sister has a rottweiler and a black lab and they get awfully large and active! For the exercise, they're great, just don't go pulling anything in the interim. Who does hubby fly for? Nice that you had company, but I can imagine you're about done with it and now wish to have some quiet time alone.

Mersey - I'm with you about the thongs. While I'm not really overweight, I do have junk in the trunk and a thong just doesn't cut it. I've tried...really ladies, I have. Thick string, thin string - just not comfortable. So no matter how thin I might get, they still would feel like something was cramming up in a very uncomfy spot. We do chat a lot, don't we? Gotta love it - it's like a giant hen house that I'm proud to be a part of!!!

Becky, sorry about your butt pain, hon. I've never had sciatica, but people I know who have suffer because of it. Those darn nerves! I hope for your sake it doesn't last much longer, and at least now you have some sort of explanation as to what's causing it.

Miette, I'm sure the pressure we're feeling has something to do with the cathater, but by now I'd assume it's solely our bladders sitting on either a nerve, our vagina's or whatever. I just hope it goes away soon because when I have a full bladder or before a BM, it gets ugly! Sis, I hope all goes well with your new tests. I'll be praying that the hematoma has shrunk and that the meds you're on are working.

Kylieemma - has anyone mentioned soy to you? From what I've heard, it's supposed to lessen the symptoms attributed to menopause. A few of my friends eat soy nuts and feel it helps a bit. I've also heard if you can ride out the worst of it, its actually better then trying to find a cocktail of HRT that works for you. It's all such a personal choice. There are pros and cons to doing both. Good luck on whatever you decide and keep us posted!!!

Haven't a clue as to what I'll be doing today. Got the okay to drive..thought Jersey weather is icky.......supposed to get cold again as the week goes by. Geesh, could we finally get into true Spring weather already?

I'm going to be out at least another 2 weeks. I don't want to rush things having had a TAH because at least now when I want to lay down I can. Once I go back to work, that will be impossible. Also, I'm sure the doctor will have to give her okay for me to do so. Work isn't going anywhere!!

Well my sisters who have reached the 2 week mark - as Miette said, "Happy Anniversary" - may we continue to progress in a positive way.

Enjoy the day! s - Paula
Unread 04-02-2007, 07:58 AM

Miette
I'm so glad to hear it has gotten smaller!
We've all been worried for you and hope even more good news is coming

Happy 2 weeks you lucky so-and-so's.
I've got a couple days before mine and a doc appoint Thursday.
Compiling a list of questions for the doc.
I wanna know the actual size and weight, if any more fibroids were forming, chances of one forming on the cervix, where they were located, if/when she would suggest testing my hormone levels.

Problem is, once I reach that 2 week mark I will be anxious for that 4 week mark

I am really looking forward to putting this behind me and moving on with my life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register