Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Miette, so happy to hear it's shrinking!! I'm sure that gives you some peace of mind which is so key in your healing process.

Joyeanne - sorry about your DH's comment. That really was mean - but remember, he's probably frustrated, too, since men want to 'fix' everything and he can't fix you right now. I think an apology and a backrub might make you feel better! Trenton is about 2 hours from me - never been there. Thanks for thinking of me!

Mersey, you and I go back to the doctor's on Thursday. I never asked at my first follow up just how big things were. I was told my uterus was double the size and the 2 s filled the entire thing - though that means nothing to me......guess I'll ask for a description I can comprehend. Don't rush time, girlfriend! At week four we'll be doing backflips! (kidding)

Going to lie down.....feeling very tired and I've only been up two hours. Geesh! Guess this will be another lazy day in my pj's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2007, 08:35 AM

k for those of us who had surgery on the 19th - Hooray, we've made it two weeks. We must doing ok because we still have a sense of humor and our husbands are still alive .

Hope you all can relax and heal today. I'm hoping for the third time to get into my Dr. So far my appointments have been cancelled due to bad weather.

Joyanne, I agree with Jazzy: maybe a nice backrub would be in order after your dh was so ornery. Or flowers or chocolates or diamonds...... .

Miette, keep your feet up and let that hematoma dissolve. I'm glad its shrinking for you. You are sure fighting through a lot but I'm happy things are better and looking up.

Mersey, I need a new story to make me laugh. I'm trying not to be depressed today.

For the rest of you in recovery mode, please have an encouraging day, take it easy, don't get too overly anxious (ha, like I'm one to be giving any advice at this point).

Oh by the way, my dh knows how much time I'm spending the hystersisters site and since my female mastiff just got fixed he's started calling the two of us his hystersisters. Cracks me up.

Love and hugs to all,
Becky
Unread 04-02-2007, 08:41 AM

Good Morning all. After reading the posts-I'm kind of feeling a little guilty about feeling so good and being so active. Hope I don't get in trouble with the doctor on Wed. I did take it easy yesterday and the discharge disappeared. It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm guessing the internal stitches are dissolving so I'm thinking a little discharge is to be expected.
Rabbitt and Joyanne-I have 2 black labs. Brian has opened pool season for us this weekend. He'll get in the water at any time but when he gets in and lays on the top step it means the pool is around 75 degrees and it was. Dh got in and said it was chilly. As for me I'll wait for the all clear and when the pool is 85-I'm a spoiled southerner. I havn't had the courage to walk the dogs yet-they pull too much. They need a brush up on manners
Kylie-I am so sorry about your brother-I missed so much while I was "partying" Fri and Sat. Geez that really is too much to deal with right now. As it is I've been thinking a lot about my mom and in laws who have all passed during this surgery. Wishing my mom could come and fix me tomato soup and grilled cheese-her comfort food for when we were sick. I'll say some extra prayers for you.
Miette-good news about you hematoma. I hope they don't have to do surgery. That's my biggest fear-that they'll have to go back in and fix something.
For all of you suffering bowel problems you have my deepest sympathy. I have been very blessed with behaving bowels and the few times they've acted up in the past have been pure misery. I haven't had to do any stool softeners or anything. My diet of whole grains and tons of fruits and veggies and tons of water seems to do the trick for me-thank goodness. I'll be saying extra prayers for y'all to get back to normal real quick.
Well it's time to go push the enveloppe and go for a long walk. Take care and pamper yourselves. 2 week mark for me tomorrow.
Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2007, 09:19 AM

Jazzyfromnj - No one has mentioned soy, but it's funny you mention it because I only eat soy (I'm allergic to dairy and I don't eat red meat) so you would think it would be helping me already, right? I haven't called my doc yet about the hormones because I am only having night sweats so far with the occasional hot flash and they are not unbearable yet!
Will keep you posted if I decide to call the doc....

Today I have overdone it already - I cleaned the bathroom downstairs and loaded the dishwasher and walked up and down the stairs way too many times, so I am feeling the pain from it now. It's so hard to take it easy when you feel like you are OK. I wish I could drive! My doc says I cannot drive until the 3rd week and pain free, so I am starting to get stir crazy!

Well, I need to go get showered and somewhat presentable - one of my friends is stopping by to see me and I feel like I look awful!

Talk to you later........
Unread 04-02-2007, 10:24 AM

Up and at 'em this am too. I think I need a nap. After the morning BM I am whipped. The weather is beautiful and DH wants to go for a drive to a neighboring town...about 20 miles away when he gets home from work. Sounds like a plan if I get that nap in. Tomorrow is my two week 'anniversary' and hope things get better. I still tire so easy and get sore quickly. I have really learned to listen to my body and stop when it tells me to.
Becky-I hope you make it to the doctor today. I'd be going even more crazy if the weather was lousy. NW Ohio though you never know!
Blessings,
Jane
Unread 04-02-2007, 12:05 PM

good afternoon-

i am feeling better today...not great, but i did go to church yesterday and visited with friends.

becky- my tush hurts soo too and i also had a repair...maybe the same thing?

miette - great news

i have 2 dogs..one is a mutt, the other is a chinese crested- a hairless dog...i love him!

hope all of you are feeling better!
Unread 04-02-2007, 01:05 PM

good afternoon... It's a beautiful day here. I just walked to the mailbox at the end of the driveway to get mail. I feel like that is such an accomplishment.
Are your dogs acting weird around you? I have a 50 pound Australian shepard/border collie mix. She has rarely left my side since I came home and she's normally a "daddy's girl". She lays on the bed with me or at my feet if I am up in the chair. She does like to jump but after the first day she hasn't even tried. Don't think I would be able to walk her yet as she is a leash puller. The cat on the other hand could give a hoot....he ingores me like normal!
Unread 04-02-2007, 02:33 PM

Sounds like your dog is very aware of your delicate state. They're such amazing animals. When I lived at home, we had a cockapoo - if I was every sick or even sad, he seemed to be at my side. Sounds like your little lady is just watching out for you.

The cat? Too funny, while I don't have much experience with those, they definitely march to the beat of their own drummer! Too funny!
Unread 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM

Good Afternnon Ladies-

Yep, today is the two week mark for many. Congrats! The time has flown by, but at the same time it has seemed to crawl by.

I have a yellow lab-hound mix named Trina, who is a Hurricane Katrina rescue dog. She is our little cajun mutt. Cute and sweet. She is only 35 pounds and much more docile than our Black Lab, Daisy, who is 68 pounds of all muscle. She is also a resuce dog and very close to her "momma." I got Daisy while she was recovering from two surgeries for a prolapsed uterus. Apparently, the family that raised her the first year never let her inside the house and when she went into her first heat she prolapsed. The family let her suffer for 30 days, until they took her to a shelter and dropped her off. They couldn't afford the surgery. According to the vet, Daisy's uterus was so infected and enlarged that it was dagging on the floor....poor thing. So, she has been a good girl and she is still learning her manners since she had no discipline for the first year of her life. Trina is a typical hound and will live forever. She knows no strangers. Last nite, I was in pain and having a hard time sleeping. Trina finally jumped on the bed, curled under my arm and put her paw on my tummy. Just a sweetie. Needless to say I finally fell asleep. It never seems to amaze me that dogs can feel so much emotion. I can walk Trina, but someone else has to take Daisy...she is too strong for me at this point. My cat on the other hand could care unless and is only concerned with being fed .

Anyway, since I am finally alone it has been a non-stop poop-a-thon for me. But, urinating is still somewhat painful. The doc told me that the bladder sits on the vagina, and due to the trauma in that area, I would feel twinges and painful spasms for a few weeks. The irritation at the uretha has finally gone away. But, I still have daily drainage, which i thought would go away by now.

I found a full box of tampons in the closet today and laughed. My husband always called them mice, because our old cats would get into them...rip off the paper, and play with them like they were toys that just happened to look like little cotton mice I guess our new cat, Gert, will have a year supply of cat toys.

My husband has been very supportive of the surgery and post-op. But he has been very stressed out as well. Last year I had a blood clot and almost died. So, he was pretty terrified of the surgery. Prior to the urgery, I encouraged him into building a wine bar so he would have something to focus on and "control." Since we don't have children there isn't that distraction. Otherwise, if all he had to focus on was me hurting and dealing with the in-laws, he'd go crazy. He flies for Flexjet know and is furloughed with American. I think he enjoyed getting back to work...it was good for both of us Plus, I have a beautiful new wine bar ( he was obviously very stressed out and very focused. Now that I am off the Vicodin and Lovenox, maybe I'll have a glass or two....or three!

Anyway, sorry for the long reply, but it feels so good to have people to talk to about this.
Unread 04-02-2007, 04:39 PM

Hi again ladies.....it's 10 days Post-op...feeling pretty good....BM and urination is painful, the gas with BM is the killer for me, and of course like most of you, the pain and pressure happens at the end of urinating I find myslef shallow breathing at these times!

My DH went back to work today...I was so worried last night that I wouldn't be able to handle our 3 yr old all alone... but when I woke up, I felt good, and the day just flew by....I think it helped that we reminded ds of my booboo's lastnight, and that he'll have to be good and listen to mommy...he did really good!

My incision is getting quite itchy, and it feels itchy way up near where the cervix would be...is anyone else having this sensation?....almost feels like a yeast infection sure hoping it's a sign of healing and not the latter!

I too have a dog...hes an English Cocker Spaniel...he's a very solid, and strong....I cancelled his grooming appointment for tomorrow, since DH will be out of town, and I am not willing to be pulled by him!

Meitte....good news girl..you are in my prayers!

kylieemma...sorry to hear about your brother's passing((hugs)) I can relate some as well...losing a loved one so close/ young doesn't seem to ever go away...the littlest thing can hit you, and you are remided of them...I do that often with my BIL....out of the blue during a mass at church, I started to cry uncontrollably, everyone was looking at me, wondering what happened...it was a song we were singing, and it brought him to my mind...certain times and things will bring good and sad memories back, and that's a part of the healing process.

Rabbit....the tampon thing is halarious LOL....lucky cat

Joy...Our dh's can be so heartless sometimes...especially when they are stressed out!

Jazz....I'm wondering why he Dr's want us to wait 2 weeks to drive? Hope you enjoyed your day...our weather is getting colder too....maybe even snow

Nogreatmischief....I am thinking of you....hope to hear from you soon, and praying that all is well!

Congrats to you who have reached the 2 week mark

((hugs)) to all

Angie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register