Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-03-2007, 06:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hello my sisters! It's Tuesday morning and I'm feeling rather decent. Have a bit of pressure in the lower region and I'm hoping a Urelle with make that stop.......

Jen, whining on this site is encouraged! We know how you're feeling and will whine right along with ya! Hang in there, hon, padless days are on the horizon - I can feel it!

Becky - thanks for the visual! Always love to start my day picturing one of my sister's lovely derriere's! I'm sure DH is one lucky man! Sorry your tush still hurts.......that really does stink! I hope you and Mr. Vicodin rested peacefully last night. How ya feeling this morning??

Ms. Mersey (aka spitfire) I agree that the string was a good thing coming out first! Geesh, can you imagine? We had a puppy many moons ago and regardless of how well we kept the garbage in covered cans, he'd find a pad or something that smelled!

Miette, my sis from a faraway land......I'm so happy that you received good news! You deserve it with all you've been through. I promise I'll be careful today shopping. My friend, Janis, knows of my 'delicate' condition. We'll have her two rugrats with us, which will keep things at a slow pace (I hope). Have a wonderful day!!!! s!!!

Ms. V - I understand exactly where you're coming from. Seems one day you feel energized and the next like a sack of potatos. How much is too much? I guess it's a guessing game to a degree. You have to try things and when you begin to feel you've had enough, get back home to relax. All I know is that I'm a fast walker and now I walk a bit more causiously. I just don't feel I have to mobility I had before. I'm sure in time that will return!

Sending lots of love and s to my sisters! I hope today is a great one!

xo Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2007, 06:55 AM

I just love cats' personalities
Our neighbor's chicken is in the drive way.
It crowed.
The cat fell out of the window.
She gets right back up with a "I meant to do that" look.

Well over a decade ago my baby sis came down to visit one summer and she had an issue with the neighbor's chickens as well.
She was never a "country" type person (when asked where eggs came from she said the store in the 3rd grade).
She fell off the couch one morning and was scared of the crowing.
I explained it was a rooster.
After about the 3rd morning of being frightened she decided to get even.
She spent the day on our riding lawnmower chasing chickens (never caught one)

I have stayed in my nightgown since Sunday.
I got into a "why bother" mood.
Our son's girlfriend came over and said she never saw me so dressed up before.... I thought she was joking and reminded her she has seen me in pj's.
She thought my nightgown was a dress *lmao*
I sew better than I think I guess.

I'll need to get dressed today.
I am going to drive a short distance and see if I can handle the truck (small S10 automatic) or if I will need to steal Hubby's van from him.
Unread 04-03-2007, 07:17 AM

Good morning All. I loved reading your stories. I have a dog story that we can all relate to in our suffering. Our lab Brian is the Forrest Gump of the dog world-lovable but dumb as they come. He's a rescue dog that got thrown out of a pickup. Anyway that dog just loves our pool and hates anything that floats in it-especially if it a new object. Last year we replaced our old themometer with a new one that had a duck on top of it. Well he went nuts trying to get it-except it was attached to the pool so it couldn't come out. So I came up with a brillant idea of getting him a rubber ducky and dh bought a rubber snake to try and discourage the sparrows from building a condo in a small tree next to our house and pool. Well Brian ate both. DD is a vet tech and worried about blockage which can be fatal. After a couple of days of no pooping we took him in and sure enough he had a blockage in his stomach. The hysterical thing was you could see the ducky's eye in the Xray. It looked like it was staring at us. Well poor Brian had to have abdominal surgery to get cleaned out. These past 2 weeks he sometimes "looks" at me almost saying "I know EXACTLY how you feel."
Well 2 week mark for me. I see the doc tomorrow. I've been off the Advil a week and feel good, although I still get tired. That's mainly from not sleeping the whole night through. I hope to be able to drive-I'll have to anyway as dh is leaving for India on Fri. and I need to drive him to the airport so I can have his car. I also hope to start riding my indoor trainer after tomorrow. I'm getting some aches and pains from NOT exercising. Bodies are wonderful-they get used to something and don't like it when there's changes.
Wishing you all a wonderful day with hopes of less achy breaky butts and more smooth "going". ((HUGS))Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2007, 07:32 AM

Oh Becky, the Brian story is so funny (not that he was in good form at the time) but the duck's eyes staring back at you had me crying over here, I was laughing so hard!

Glad to hear you're off Advil.....haven't taken any Motrin myself in a few days. Hpe that tushy keeps feeling better!

Have a GREAT day! s, Paula
Unread 04-03-2007, 07:35 AM

Good morning ladies! Isn't every day a pajama day? They are so comfy on that sore little belly. I know the day of reckoning is coming and I'll have to spend the whole day in regular clothing. Looks like I'll be shopping for some loose and strechy things. I have returned to my makeup and hair routine though. It feels good to have my "face" on, even if I'm hanging out at home.

My two week anniversary yesterday went very well. I walked more than usual and swept off our large deck. I expected to be a little more sore or tired today, but I'm feeling really good. I do have a headache though.

I've been waking with a little one for the last few days. It goes away until right before bed and then comes back. But today, it isn't going away and it's a bad one. I'm wondering if my hormones have fallen to the point that I need to start the HRT. The doctor didn't plan on starting me until my 6 week checkup, but he said I could call earlier if I need it.

I can't decide if I'm needing it or not. Other than the headache, I've had one little bitty night sweat. And who knows if the headache is hormone related, although I did get a monthly hormone headache for years.

I'm happy that all of my sisters are doing well right now. Miette, it's wonderful that you don't have to have that surgery! It's on to better health from here.
Unread 04-03-2007, 07:35 AM

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF US AT 2 WEEKS! WE MADE IT!

Well, Saturday was a great day. Went for mani/pedi and then out to dinner with friends. Came back and sat outside (75 degrees) on the deck. Beautiful night.

Sunday..UGH! Woke up feeling rough. By afternoon I had fever and really bad low back pain and painful to urinate. Called Dr. yesterday and she had me come in first thing. She thinks its a bladder or kidney infection. Did urine test and went ahead and started on antibiotic.

I found out that the cyst that was in my right ovary was PRE CANCEROUS!!! Scary...but boy am I glad it's gone! Got the approval for sex in a week and I can't believe it,but I am so ready. Can resume step class and spinning class in two more weeks (have to go real slow and no jumping).

Feel good this morning. Never would have thought that 2 weeks ago I would feel this good.

Hope all of you have a great day and fantastic week!!

Kim
Unread 04-03-2007, 07:40 AM

SEX IN A WEEK? Oh I'm soooooooooooooooo envious. Hoping to get that green light on Thursday for my 2nd post op visit. Did your doctor do an internal to come to that decision? Just wondering....however, me having had a TAH, it may be different. My doctor had originally said 6 weeks..........that's an eternity!

Glad to hear you're okay, but easy on the running around. Have a great day!
Unread 04-03-2007, 07:44 AM

Kim, it's good that you acted so quickly on the back pain. It seems that a lot of us get a bladder or kidney infection right after the surgery. You should be all fixed up in no time though.

You must be so relieved to know that the pre cancerous ovary is gone. If you ever doubted your decision, that sure lets you know that you did the right thing.
Unread 04-03-2007, 07:45 AM

Hi Jazzy,

Yes she did an internal. I was so nervous. It was a little tender when she pushed down on the ovarian area, but not as bad as I expected.

By the way, I have the cutest ball of fur dog.. a pomeranian named Chester.
Kim
Unread 04-03-2007, 07:59 AM

Good morning all.

I'm a little on the tired side from my day out yesterday, but that seems to be the only drawback so far. I did want to sing the Halleluiah chorus this morning. I had a relatively easy bm! Oh the joy! Hooray hooray! Okay, I'll quit .

I woke up with a lizard taking over my body this morning. My legs became scaly overnight and itchy. Any other dry skin symptoms you all are having? I've also been breaking out in whiteheads, especially on my nose. I think my body is really confused with the hormone changes.

One really good thing I forgot to mention: I've always had a really strong bladder (I thought). I guess one of the concerns with prolapsed organs is that something could have been pushing against the bladder and it wasn't as strong as I thought so the repair would actually show the bladder to have incontinent issues. When I had the repair done I was praying fervently that I really did have a strong bladder and that I wouldn't have to go back in for the tape thingy (another moment of medical terminology) they do to correct it. Yesterday at my dr's appt. she said that if I was going to have bladder issues they would have shown up by now and if anything, I feel like my bladder is acting even stronger, so thats a "praise the Lord" to me (hope I can say that on this forum without offending anyone - smile.)

Mersey, my only dealings with chickens were when I was a little girl and my parents bought a bunch of live "fryers" that had to be butchered and plucked. I watched out my window horrified at the fiasco. My swingset was never the same as it was used as a rack for the dead chickens. Plus everyone helping ended up with chicken lice.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today. It's gloomy and cold in Wyoming - good day for a nap.

Hugs to all,
Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register