Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Y'all are too funny. You remind me of my kids when we were potty training. They'd run around the house yelling-'I went poopy in the potty'. And God forbid if they had to poopy when we were at the mall or somewhere public-EVERYONE knew it.
Dh has been calling me Fraken Becky because of all the staples the doc used (the nurse said he got a deal on staples that week) so I'm thinking about having that detailed onto my bike. Scary name right??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Bm

My dh calls at lunch every day and I am SO happy when I can say I pooped!!! WooHoo! Today was a little rough again though. I had the feeling I really needed to go and had terrible gas pains.....ended up with a suppository. Haven't felt that need for several days. It did provide the relief I needed. Of course now I am 'pooped' out. (sorry The hardest part is this up and down feeling. Today I feel like a truck has run me over and I am very tired. Yesterday I felt great, relatively speaking.

Once had a dog that ate a tampon, too. Same story with the string hanging out. I made my dh pull it out and he was not understanding what it was. He was exaiming it and I was LMAO and couldn't stop long enough to explain what was going on.

Happy two week anniversary March 20th girls. Is this when things start to get better???
Unread 04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
and now... evening

First of all, I started my new book this afternoon and I dislike it. I'm so disappointed. Selfishly, I wonder "now, what am I going to do?" because I don't have any more new books to read. My mother sent me a scrapbooking starter kit. I find it rather intimidating. I don't know exactly what to do with all the little pieces and parts. I'm not really a crafts kind of person. On the plus side, the DIY-bug crawled up my DH's leg today and he cleaned out the basement office.
He will paint it tomorrow (a lovely sage green) and then he'll move all the computers in later in the day. So, I won't be online much until tomorrow night (about 24 hrs from now).

Regina: I laughed and laughed when reading your potty-post. I remember feeling overwhelmingly proud of myself for having a BM the first time after surgery. It was a scary ordeal!!
So, your mom and your grams had a hyster too, huh? Wow...I didn't know fibroids and stuff ran in the family like that, but I shouldn't be surprised...practically everything runs in the family, right? I'm impressed that you are up and ready to meet the world in such a short time after your hyster. You're doing great! I hope you like it here. We are all such good friends and have a great time chatting/rambling/telling stories. Feel free to jump in anytime!

Ms. Becky (clinpic): how are you doing today? How's the rump-pain? I'm glad to hear that you didn't experience problems with your bladder. I was terrified I would be incontinient after the hyster. I even had a bad dream about it once. It felt really weird to tinkle the first time, and it still feels kinda strange because it's very heavy and there's a lot of pressure there. Also, there is a like a post pee-pee cramp that is bugging me. Do you all have that too??

Becky (JpGurl): I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I know that must be tough on you and your sister. Don't get yourself too worked up though. It could be that he's just going through a rough patch and he'll come out of it ok too. My grandmom is 98 years old!!! She's gone through a lot of spells where she wasn't doing well and then just bounced back. I hope everything is better for you soon. Good job on the exercise thing. I was using my cross-country-ski-machine (Torture Device) three times a week before surgery and I'm scared to try to use it just yet. I will ask my doc about it next time I call.

Ms. V: you know, overresting will make you feel icky, but better safe than sorry, you know? Better that you rest too much than not enough since your body is healing while resting. If the brainfog is getting to you, try do something active with your marbles...read, write, Suduko (omg, that is sooo hard...what is up with that?!)or the like. I've gone through five magazines and a whole book in two weeks and started on my second book. Plus, I journal and write everyday...all to keep the brainFOG away. I hate that dragging feeling.. gah.

Anybody struggling with Swelly Belly today?? I feel like a swallowed a beach-ball. Everytime I look at my bloated tummy I just want to bawl my eyes out. But, I keep reading here that it's normal, especially when you overdo it. Nonetheless...d-i-s-a-p-p-o-i-n-t-e-d.

DH made greek salad for dinner ... t'was HEAVENLY. I recommend salad .. really fresh green salad to all of us who are having BM related problems (I know I am) because I could feel my stomach saying, "oh, thank you!" after eating that fantastic salad tonight. Really feels good to eat something fresh.

ok.. enough from me for now. Hope you girls enjoy your day!!

-Miette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Miette-Wahat are you reading? I have read 6 books since surgery. This is a real treat for me. My favorites I have read are The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd and The Carpenter and the Handmaid by ??? Can't remember.
Unread 04-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Feeling Pretty Good . . . .

Hey, folks,

Found this amazing website and wished I had found it before my TAH. This is my first post.

I had my TAH on March 21 (adenomyosis & cyst on right ovary). Doing well, though still sore, and I'm amazed at how easily I tire. I’m already bored, but learned the hard way the consequences of not following my doctor’s instructions, not to mention that I get a *wee* bit grumpy if I get overly tired (DH is a saint). I do find it interesting how sore my "back-end" gets from sitting!!

Something rather annoying, though - I managed to GAIN 6 pounds from the surgery!! My doc says its fluid and will go away and some has, but that may be because my appetite hasn't been the same. Did anyone else have this problem?

I’m hoping that things will continue to improve as quickly as it has been. TTYL!
Unread 04-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Funny thing, I did the same but as of today I am two pounds down from pre-surgery weight. I was hoping those fibroids weighed like 40 pounds but no such luck. When I went for my first post-op, Dr told me the whole thing weighed about 1.8 pounds. My appetite is returning but I am trying to wath what I eat....I am a WW member and I am trying to ease back into tracking points. Try drinking more water. This seemd to help me last week.
Unread 04-03-2007, 12:08 PM

Thanks to all for the encouragement! Too funny about potty training. My son is only 5 1/2. So it seems like yesterday we went through potty training. I have to say, looking through all of the pictures that have been posted....I think beautiful women are at a higher risk for having "female problems" :>)
Seriously, it's amazing how young and pretty most of the women here are!
I'm getting a few muscle cramps & spasms. Probably from not moving "normally". I want to get in the car & go, but the doc said no driving for 4 weeks. Has anyone here actually waited 4 weeks before driving? I don't think it will be possible for me! - Regina
Unread 04-03-2007, 12:35 PM

Hey Miette-I'm not too bad with swelly belly. I just have a little pouch left-I can get into reg. clothes-but It's a bigger pouch than I had before surgery. It does get tender at night. I'm going to check with doc tomorrow to make sure it's OK. I can't wait till it's completely gone-I think I might be flatter than before surgery especially since I'm down 5 lbs since surgery. Thanks for the thoughts on my Dad. The selfish part of me says-not now. The thought of having to travel by myself (if something happens while dh is in India-it not easy to just hop a plane back from there) if something happens is just exhausting.
Well off to prop my feet up then I have to tackle the bills. With brain fog it's hard for me to concentrate.
Is anyone else struggling with brain fog?? It's worse than before surgery. I keep loosing things and then spend the rest of the day trying to figure out what I did with them.
Unread 04-03-2007, 12:47 PM

Brain fog..lets see..thats the awful fuzzy feeling that makes me not want to do anything like balance my check book or pay bills. Flipping through decorating shows on tv is about the extent of my brain capacity. Sudoku right now, Miette? Not a chance. Plus I could barely handle the easiest level on a good pre-op day.

Becky
Unread 04-03-2007, 01:11 PM

OMG! I go out for a few hours shopping and it takes me an hour to read all the new posts!

Regina, welcome! This is an amazing group of ladies. You could be having the worst day and someone's post will make you laugh till you pee!

Speaking of peeing - I like the post pee pee pain analogy. I know what you're talking about, sis. It's happening every time I go. I empty out for the most part, but then I feel this painful pressure like something is sitting on top of my vagina....guess it's my bladder? Geesh, will that continue? Is there any space between it and my 'gina' and what took up that now empty cavity????? Guess I need to ask those questions to my dr. on Thursday.

Shopping was fun...it was nice to be with other people. My friend Janis and I got the chance to catch up. We had lunch at California Kitchens which was really good! I didn't buy anything, though I saw some cute shorts and capris that I may have to go back and get in the next few weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well! s! Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register