Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Yipee!

Someone brought us a ready to eat meal. I actually served up our meal and sat at the dinner table with DH to eat.

Wow that's some big accomplishment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 08:04 PM

Hey, folks!

Well, I went out today - first time since my 1-week check-up. Only to Fresh Market and the post office with my daughter, and it about wore me out. I am some kind of tired right now!! However, it sure was nice to get out for a change. The weather in Georgia was lovely today . . . .

Glad y'all reminded me of DaVinci Code! I've read Angels and Demons, but had hidden DVC so I wouldn't be tempted to read it until after my surgery. Now, where did I put it . . . . ????? (brain fog . . .) Oh, and someone mentioned James Patterson - fan of his as well, but I'm out of his stuff . . . .

Jane, totally understand about your feeling detached about work. I plugged in my work laptop last night just to get some information I needed. Out of curiosity, I checked my email - and saw lots of OMG stuff happening. But, then I thought, "not my problem for another month!!" and went on about my business!! Totally not me . . . wow . . .

Becky, congrats on the two-week check-up AND the bike clearance!! Awesome!!

Kim, where in Georgia are you? I'm in the Atlanta area - wasn't today beautiful? Especially after all the thunderstorms the past couple of days.

Got another "outing" tomorrow - this time to the florist to order our daughter's wedding flowers. Her wedding's in May - could this surgery have come at a worse time???

I'm headed for bed early tonight - I'm all done in . . . . Take care, all - have a great evening!

Suzie
Unread 04-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Aw, we're all tired

Good morning girls!

It's 7 AM here and I'm actually drinking my espresso after all. DH was also unhappy about the thought of drinking Earl Grey for breakfast and ran down to the supermarket for pre-ground espresso. Yay! I'm feeling a little more alert than I did the past two days but I have been up several times in the night with a kind of cramping pain in my lower pelvic area. I suppose that's normal after a hyster, but sometimes because I don't have an outer incision I forget about all the work and suturing that has been done on the inside.

Our company came and we had tea, which turned out to be great for them because they prefer tea anyway. We talked until about 11:00PM and then I had to go to bed. I couldn't sit there on the sofa any longer.

My swelly belly is better this morning, but usually is in the morning. Again, having really weird dreams. They're not exactly nightmares, but very odd. Anybody else having problems with that? Could be my meds, I suppose.

Congrats and Mary!!

JpGurl: hurray on you're two week clearance.. getting to use your bike. Be careful but have fun!!

Hope everyone is sleeping well tonight. See you girls when you wake up

-Miette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 07:32 AM

Suzie-Q

I live here in the Duluth area and yes, the weather was beautiful yesterday. Woke up a little chilly this morning though. It's going to be a cooler weekend.

Have a great day!

KIM
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:51 AM

Good morning to all my sisters! Hope everyone slept well. Actually I didn't, but it's something I've come to expect listening to all of you. Not sure why - though prior to surgery I wasn't the greatest sleeper. Seems those days ended when my son was born 13 years ago. From what I'm told, the older you get the less sleep you require. Not sure that implies to me since I seem to need more then the average.

Hello Miette!!! You sound so good! Nice to hear you enjoyed your company last night and that this morning you were able to have your coffee. I would DIE without mine! My BF is an international salesman. He travels to all the Latin American countries and brings me home a ton of coffee from Guatemala, Colombia, Domincian Republic, Costa Rica, etc. There is nothing like coffee from those countries!! Haven't had to buy any here in forever.

Going for my 2nd post op visit to the today. Hoping to hear some good news.....have questions - like why I'm still feeling like something is sitting on top of my vag area. While I realize my bladder was moved and manipulated, I'm hoping this isn't a permanent issue because it's really uncomfortable.

Had some weird pains last night on my right side.....almost like a 'smarting' on and off, for lack of a better way to put it. Not a stabbing pain, but an uncomfortable one. It didn't last long, but it was a bit annoying while it did.

Cold here in NJ. Hoping we at least get to see the sun.

Hope all my sisters have a great day!

s!! Paula
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miette
Good morning girls!

It's 7 AM here and I'm actually drinking my espresso after all. DH was also unhappy about the thought of drinking Earl Grey for breakfast and ran down to the supermarket for pre-ground espresso. Yay! I'm feeling a little more alert than I did the past two days but I have been up several times in the night with a kind of cramping pain in my lower pelvic area. I suppose that's normal after a hyster, but sometimes because I don't have an outer incision I forget about all the work and suturing that has been done on the inside.

Our company came and we had tea, which turned out to be great for them because they prefer tea anyway. We talked until about 11:00PM and then I had to go to bed. I couldn't sit there on the sofa any longer.

My swelly belly is better this morning, but usually is in the morning. Again, having really weird dreams. They're not exactly nightmares, but very odd. Anybody else having problems with that? Could be my meds, I suppose.

Congrats and Mary!!

JpGurl: hurray on you're two week clearance.. getting to use your bike. Be careful but have fun!!

Hope everyone is sleeping well tonight. See you girls when you wake up

-Miette
top 'o the mornin' to you too miette! it is 8:45 a.m. thursday here in toronto, a blustery day, snow on the ground and in the forecast until easter sunday! yesterday i was thinking how "cozy" i felt not having to go out in this weather, but i'm making myself an appt. to have my hair washed and styled...then have to get to my dr. for more pain meds and have a look at my incision which doesn't seem to be closing!

i have been having exactly the same sensation as you with my meds. i will start to drift off for a little nap, then suddenly i'm having these absurd thoughts and conversations which are going nowhere and making no sense. i would be embarrassed if anyone could read my mind...lol. so, i force myself to wake up, opening my eyes wide and try to "shake" the thoughts out of my head. at least, when i converse with myself when i'm awake, i make sense!

this was happening more so when i was taking oxycodone (percocet). my dr. changed the pain med to hydromorphone...either it's just not happening as much or i've managed to "exorcise" those thoughts!

we have something else in common...i noticed some days ago you posted a comment about not enjoying a book you were reading. the same thing happened to me about 2 mos. ago. i was given a 2nd book by a nobel peace prize winner (portugese) for christmas. i disliked the first one also ("blindness") but i was determined to finish this one as it was a gift. well, i'm still working on it...i think it's a waste of my time (well, i have lots of it now), but i'm going to finish it, then tell my family my honest opinion about it. i don't think i will do that again...if i really dislike a book, then there are plenty of others to choose from,and i will just put it down.

i can't give you any advice about your pelvic pain but you are right, a lot of surgery was performed, so it will take time to settle down. i hope you get some relief. as for sitting up with company, you did very well and i'm not suprised it tired you.

miette, i was curious as to where you are from in n. europe. my husband and i lived in denmark for a year (due to business) in the late '70's. your english is perfect. well, going to get ready for my hair appt. hope everyone is having a good day!
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:22 AM

nogreatmischief - Miette is from Norway. Isn't she a sweetie?
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:27 AM

Good morning. Woke up to snow falling again. We were so desperate for the moisture that I don't regret it, only the mud it makes.

Took a very long drive with my hubby yesterday. We are looking at a piece of investment property that butts up to a river (right off the back deck) plus has a mountain view. Its two and a half hours away but a nice easy drive, although by the time I was done in the truck for five hours I'd had enough. My backside was really uncomfortable so I ended up taking a pill and going to bed.

Sleep for me has not been an issue and I'm getting a solid seven or eight hours a night. I'm a weird dreamer anyways and I know the vicodin hasn't helped that because I too have had some doozies.

I think I mentioned that my 18 yr old son has mono. Yesterday he had to go back to the doctor. He now has impetigo (bacterial skin infection on his face) plus his liver is enlarged, and his throat is so sore he can hardly swallow. The doctor is talking about the potential of hospitalizing him. I'm very worried as he is a strong, active, boy. On top of it all, my husband's grandmother passed away two years ago and we have been waiting to hear if the IRS was going to clear us on the inheritance tax issue (outlandish amount had to be paid to the government). We found out yesterday that we are now being audited. So a wee bit of stress for the poor dh.

Well, I'm hoping to do more today around the house than I have in the past few days. Still haven't paid those darned bills.

I'm off to make the coffee. Blessings to you all today.
Becky P.
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfromnj
nogreatmischief - Miette is from Norway. Isn't she a sweetie?
thanks jazzyfromnj! she is a sweetie as are all of you young women. i'm so glad i found this...i don't feel alone having found new friends with lots in common.

have you been to "the bitter end" in nyc? we went with our 2 friends last summer and had the best time that night...it was jam night...the talent was incredible...such variety...even a johnny cash sound-alike! had tickets to the play "lieutenant of inishmore" which i had researched on the internet and we were all looking so forward to seeing it. well, i got a migraine that night and had to get back to the hotel asap, so missed it. my husband and friends loved it (you don't hear it talked about at all). i really want to go back to n.y. and see it someday soon. my "cup of tea"!

have a good day...are you getting snow there?
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:09 AM
(mentions children)

Glad to see all my sisters today! It's almost dinner time here and we've had lovely blue skies all day. If not for a cold breeze, I'd be soaking up sunshine on the back deck, but alas, it's a very cold breeze. I read more of my yucky book but I'm starting to get curious now as to what is going to happen. I still don't like it nearly as much as the first one.

Paula: I'm having that weird sensation like something is pushing or pressing my bladder!! I hate it..what is that? It feels exactly like when I had a bladder infection, but it can't be that because I'm on 3 different antibiotics. It feels like my bladder is always really full and it hurts to pee. I dislike it very much. Hope you're feeling better today and the doctor gives you good news. Maybe we're just swollen? NICE that you get international coffees... oooo.. that would be fun.

Nogreat: Thanks for your really thoughtful post! Where did you live in Denmark? We took our kids there for summer vacation last year (did the whole Legoland thing). It was fun there but they drive crazy!! I was terrfied the entire time we were on the freeway.. LOL.
I hope you enjoy your hair appointment. I would love to go out and get mine done.. maybe after Easter holidays.

Becky: I'm so sorry you and DS are going through so much. I hope he has a swift recovery and is feeling better soon. I know that economy problems are really stressful so I can appreciate that you and your DH are stressed now about the audit... hope you know you are free to come and vent/talk/chitchat anytime.

DH is taking the kids out to the movies tonight so I'm going to live out one of my fantasies and watch a movie on our TV in the living room while curled up on the sofa with tons of pillows and my comforter! yippeee!! I'll probably fall asleep 1/3 of the way through, but who cares....the living room will be mine for two whole hours!

Take care, girls!

-Miette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register