Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Funny for the day:

My husband said there should be a website for all of the husbands to go to so they can get support and encouragement while we have the hysters....he said to call it "HysterMisters"!

Enjoy your day!

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:24 AM

And calling in from Alabama
There's a chill in the air today... crazy weather
dang storm kept me offline yesterday.

Daughter may be coming down with something.
I hope like crazy we nip it before I get sick.
SHE is the last standing defence in the house. She gets sick and everyone has it or is over it.

Miette
I know the tv issue well. Hubby seems to think after work the couch is his bed. I told him yesterday I am swapping rooms. Gonna put the bed in the living room and living room in the bedroom, maybe then we can watch something.
He channels surfs way too fast!

Afternoon was a bust all around
Girlfriend canceled, she has the stomach bug going around and some stress going on at home.
Hubby came home late.... guess he thinks I am 100% cured, must be nice going out and having a beer with his friends.
Ruined *cough* plans *cough* I had to be nice to him *hint hint nudge wink* but nooooooo.
He got an earfull and all he is getting for a long time thanks to his little tude.
I mean honestly, if you told your loved one exactly what you intended to do you would think they would recall it and make a point of not ticking you off!

Sorry to rant

I can drink coffee again, but limiting it to a decent amount.
Love coffee and tea but don't want to irritate anything so soon.

And I am off to the doctor

So that means you lot will have another 4 pages for me to read when I get back *lol*

clinpic
I sincerely hope your son improves
hang in there *hugs*
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:39 AM

Good Morning Ladies! Very interesting reading the posts about weird dreams. It's gotta be a menopause thing. My mother suffered a (short, but memorable) nervous breakdown after her hyster. at age 42. I remember it well. It was one of the reasons I delayed so long having it done. She felt jittery. Had crazy dreams. Felt itchy, uncomfortable etc... That was 30 years ago. Now we put on a patch and at least have some relief. Plus (and it's a big plus)we have INFORMATION. It's normal to have weird, morbid, sad thoughts and dreams when your hormones are out of wack.

>Becky, sorry to hear about your son. It's very hard for an 18 yr. old to think about their health. I'm sure with rest & meds. he will be fine.
>Miette, love your posts. Rush out & get a coffee maker! My 2nd day in the hospital, I started with horrible headaches. Couldn't take aspirin.
When I got home, I had a cup of coffee. Headache gone! So, drink coffee. It's good for your head ;>)

Here in PA, it is only 37 deg., windy & sunny. Come on SPRING!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:55 AM

Mersey, You are not alone!!!! My dh was complaining about having to do things I normally do, 3 days post-op! My 5 yo son had piano lessons Tues. night at 7:00. I forgot. Around 6:20 it hit me. I said to dh, Alex has his piano lesson tonight. He looked at me all po'd and said "what would you like me to do about it?" He obviously does not know about the evil and sometimes violent thoughts a woman has after being instantly thrown in to menopause. I restrained myself... (fearful of popping a staple). Alex missed his lesson this week. I then proceeded to tell him about this website and how all of the women talked about how kind and doting their husbands were to them. Giving them back rubs, going out to buy things for them etc... (OK---I embellished a little!) But it worked! He's been better since. Today I even got breakfast in bed!
So Mercey, I'm thinking of you! Seriously hope your daughter stays well. Do you have any Airborne, Tang or OJ in the house? If so, make her drink it!

Sure hope my swelly belly thing shows up today!
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:18 AM

Good morning all. The walk and indoor ride went well. But kudos to y'all who are driving. Dh took ds to his psych appt. this morning because I didn't think I could handle driving 45 minutes each way and then sit in the doc's office and wait. So I met him after the appointment and by the time I got home I was tired, cranky and achey. Geez I've been on 70 mile bike rides that were easier than that. I'm on my way to do some grocery shopping but dd is driving and doing the lifting. Dh is getting ready to go to India tomorrow for 9 days. He travels all the time but right now I'm feeling a bit emotionally fragile with him going and my dad in the hospital and all. Well off to shop-we're dining by the pool tonight even though it's a bit chilly. I think I'll take the day off from exercise and try some more cycling tomorrow. Rode the indoor bike yesterday for a whopping 5 minutes-hey it's a start.
Jersey-I've had some of that sharp pulling now and then too-I think it's the stitches in my cuff and it feels like that on my incision line too. Yesterday my doc said to be on the lookout for discharge (haven't had any) and pieces of stitches.
Everyone have a good day.
Becky
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:39 AM

Hi everyone,
I had an abdominal hysterctomy on the early morning of March 20th and came home the afternoon of March 23rd. 4 nights in the hospital was annoying at times. It was hard to get comfortable. I had my uterus and cervix removed along with a fibroid tumor pushing on my bladder. I was told I was young enough to keep the ovaries. I do feel at times I am going to get my period. Even though I will not but I hate that. I have all the feelings still from the endometriosis. The yucking constanta cramping and all those sharp piercing pains. Almost feels like after birth contractions. I still have pain in the incision area. I may have an infection so i took off my strips which were lose in the shower so it was cleaner. I did that today. So hopefully no more burn pain and odor. I go back to the doc on the 12th. Hopefully I can go back to work at least part time. I hope everyone feels better. I hate that very very tired feeling. When will that end? Thanks for letting me share!
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:43 AM

Hello to all of you today...I'm sorry, I haven't felt very chatty today. But I have however enjoyed getting caught up on how you are all doing. Wow! Many of you are really dealing with so many difficult problems aside from your surgerys and I just want you to know I am thinking and praying for you!

Sis took my three little noise makers to her house for the day and I am absolutely sooking up the peace. And actually enjoying a movie...haven't really done that yet.

Also I am preparing for my first outting tonight. My DH is going to take me to a store to get some Easter basket fillings and maybe a stop at Cold Stone Creamery. MMMM I haven't had that in a long time!

Question:
Is there a thread or article on this site that gives ideas on what to discuss with the dr at my post op appt? I don't see my dr until Mon. He is out of town...how dare he go on vacation while I just sit here. Oh man, I am having a pitty party or what. Boo Hoo! No, really I love my dr. and I'm so glad they don't make you see someone else for the follow up. I would much rather wait.

I should have been writing down my thoughts during the last few weeks to discuss with him but I just didn't. And I always hate calling back later to ask about something I forgot.

Did I say I wasn't feeling very chatting??? Hummmm I think I can go on and on even when I'm not feeling the best.

You are all in my thoughts today!!!
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:50 AM

Welcome talker1269!

I can understand about the endometriosis..I too have suffered with that. I was only able to keep one ovary because one was very damaged from the endo... I have been having cramping on that one side so I can't imagine getting it on both. I hope that will end for you soon!

I am also extremely tired (lost a lot of blood) and keep being told that will go away. I hope soo. Sometimes I feel like my legs are jello so I just go sit back down and grab my laptop and catch up with all the sisters here!

It's great to have you! And I hope you find much encouragement here.

Cindy
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Greetings from Texas! It is another chilly morning, but I still love it...for a little longer anyway. I haven't had a hot flash since yesterday, so I am hoping that my body has tempered down a bit. I am back to my normal chilly-self...brrrr.

Let me tell you about dreams...The first week after the surgery I was having these wild "sexy" dreams, but they were also very strange and "deep" unlike my usual dreams, which were boring compared to these. I kept dreaming that I was a man, which is weird because I am quite feminine. I am only 35 and kept my ovaries, so I don't think it was menopause for me. If I had to analyze myself, I would say that my subconscious was adjusting to the loss of the female organs and were dealing with the jumbled hormones. My Dr. explained that my mind/body was like a fish tank that had just been stirred up. If anyone has cleaned a tank, they know how foggy the water gets and it takes a while to settle back down. I think thats whats going. Who knows. But, during the second week, I had a more diffucult time getting comfortable and was moving around a lot,so dreaming was shortlived. I also dreamed about being pregnant...go figure. I think it is normal under the circumstances. Now that I am headed on week three, and when I do sleep well, I am back to having my normal dreams.

Feeling good this morning...having BMs without the use of laxatives. Still feel pulling on my left side...I hope that I haven't created a hernia from doing too much. Being at the 2 1/2 week point I would say that my only major side effect of the surgery is the darned drainage. Its turned to a light brown, but just keeps on coming. When will it end? ugh.

Miette- I spent a beautiful week in Lillihammer the year before the Olympics. Norway is an absolutely beautiful country and the people were wonderful and quite attractive. A year later I met my hubby in the USA, who is a blonde and blue-eyed. He reminded of the men I saw in your country. You are a lucky lady! Whew...I think my mojo is returning

Speaking of mojo...anyone getting that old feeling back?? I am starting to and it makes me feel great. I was so worried that the surgery would change that aspect of my life. After a reunioin with my hubby last nite, my brain and body are giving me good signals, though I am not ready for the "real thing"....yet.

Well, I need to start the day. Shower time!

IWill check in later for my "therapy" which has been invaluable.

PS My hubby loves the idea for the HysterMisters. He is so into blogs and chat rooms. Plus, he has been very open about how anxious he has been before and after the surgery. Men are "not allowed" to show feelings, or so they think, and it can manifest itself in anger and isolation. I think a site for them may be good..plus, they don't have to tell anyone But, his therapy today will be vacuuming and mowing the lawn...ah yes, man -jobs!!!

See ya!!
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Hi girls,

Not been feeling well since Wed. morning, so I didn't get a chance to log on yesterday to celebrate the 2 week mark!

I woke up with one of my worst migraines ever Wed. morning, then I was having pelvic pain, back pain, frequent peeing, horrible night sweats, etc..

My doc finally called this morning and said come in and get your first hormone shot which I did, then I had to pee in a cup and it turns out I have a UTI, so they gave me meds for that. Then he told me to call my family doc to get my migraines under control, so I am back on preventitive meds for that now too. I really hope this all works itself out so I can feel well soon.

So I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers so I can start feeling better! I was hoping to go to church for Easter, but it's not looking very promising now.

I better go lay down. I only just got back from the doc a little bit ago, so I need to rest and try to sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register